How Do I Remove Product Options From Products

V4.1

I created several product options for apparel, (i.e. Size, Logo Location, Color, etc). Went to “apply to products” to all my apparel products by selecting all.

Something happened and I must have done a few of them twice as they are displaying twice on each product.

Do you know how I can delete the duplicate options from my products?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

[quote name='Markman1' timestamp='1393554283' post='178473']

V4.1

I created several product options for apparel, (i.e. Size, Logo Location, Color, etc). Went to “apply to products” to all my apparel products by selecting all.

Something happened and I must have done a few of them twice as they are displaying twice on each product.

Do you know how I can delete the duplicate options from my products?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

[/quote]

There is no simple way to do this other than go to each individual product and delete the second option.

with caution you could export you products and do the delete in the csv file and re import. but if you import and have any products with a modifier do not import as it will mess-up the options.

So what I did a data sort in my csv file to identify the products with the duplicate options, I found only 10 out of 6000 I then went direct to each product identified and deleted the duplicate.

It not ideal but it's better than having to visit each product

Alan

Alan

[quote]with caution you could export you products and do the delete in the csv file and re import. but if you import and have any products with a modifier do not import as it will mess-up the options.[/quote]

Can I ask some more details please? I want to change the existing options & option combinations for a lot of products. Would below steps work? I do not have any modifiers.

1. Export Products and include 'Options' field. Inside Options field make the necessary changes (100% delete or make some edits)
  2. Export Product Combinations with 2 fields: 'Combination' and 'Combination code'. Make necessary changes (delete or edits)
  3. First Import CSV file containing results from step 1 (Options field)
  4. Then import CSV file containing results from step 2 (Combination and Combination code fields)

Thank you in advance

Olof