Unable To Install 4.1.2

Anybody got advice how to install 4.1.2

Get onto the install screen complete all the details and press install, the screen goes grey and then nothing.

when I look at the log file I see the following message.

“Files does not exist /var/www/html/upgrade/alone/install/mod_rewrite”

and thats it no errors no messages nothing

.htaccess file? Maybe it needs to be set to writable in the root?

thanks Scott still no joy, any idea how you can confirm if the readwrite engine is working?

Hi Thomas, Im far from being an Apache guy… perhaps check with your hosting provider that the mod_rewrite module is in fact installed?

thanks, will do.

no impressed with cs-cart support, sent them an email yesterday and not a word. I have o ask myself do these guys understand the how frustrating this is.

For urgent matters their tech support is pretty hopeless.

Scott, FYI iy had nothing to do with the read write, it turned out to be a DB privileges issue. If only the error message had said …

Hi Thomas,

Can you give me the ticket number you have submitted.

I will ask tech support to solve your problem ASAP.

I have the same problem. I don´t understand why, but i have the message “[color=#C09853]The URL rewrite engine is disabled. Subpath-based storefront URLs will not work[/color]”. I can´t even install the software. I have tried in a local server and in a remote one. When i fill all the installation fields just nothing happens (screen goes grey and… nothing else).

[quote name='pua___' timestamp='1393241127' post='178101']

I have the same problem. I don´t understand why, but i have the message “[color=#C09853]The URL rewrite engine is disabled. Subpath-based storefront URLs will not work[/color]”. I can´t even install the software. I have tried in a local server and in a remote one. When i fill all the installation fields just nothing happens (screen goes grey and… nothing else).

[/quote]

Dear pua___,

Can you send us your contact details using this form: https://www.cs-cart…nd-message.html

We will investigate the problem, and install the software for you free of charge.

i got the same message “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]”[/size][/font][/color][color=#C09853][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]The [color=red][size=4]URL[/size][/color] [color=red][size=4]rewrite[/size][/color] [color=red][size=4]engine[/size][/color] [color=red][size=4]is[/size][/color] d[color=red][size=4]is[/size][/color]abled. Subpath-based [color=red][size=4]storefront[/size][/color] [color=red][size=4]URL[/size][/color]s [color=red][size=4]will[/size][/color] [color=red][size=4]not[/size][/color] work[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]“” however i can finished the installation. Strange things is i already enable the rewrite engine, and set up .htaccess. I am deploy on a VPS, so i do have full control. [/size][/font][/color]

a2enmod rewrite

Module rewrite already enabled

I suspect my .htaccess might not setup correctly. anyone can share with me what do they set in the .htaccess? thanks.

[quote name='thomas@kudos' timestamp='1392825590' post='177819']

Anybody got advice how to install 4.1.2

Get onto the install screen complete all the details and press install, the screen goes grey and then nothing.

when I look at the log file I see the following message.

“Files does not exist /var/www/html/upgrade/alone/install/mod_rewrite”

and thats it no errors no messages nothing

[/quote]

It looks like your site or virtual host has not been granted the appropriate permissions to process .htaccess files or “mod_rewrite”.

Contact your web hosting provider.

[quote name='axalplus' timestamp='1393482236' post='178373']

i got the same message “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]”[/size][/font][/color][color=#C09853][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]The [color=red][size=4]URL[/size][/color] [color=red][size=4]rewrite[/size][/color] [color=red][size=4]engine[/size][/color] [color=red][size=4]is[/size][/color] d[color=red][size=4]is[/size][/color]abled. Subpath-based [color=red][size=4]storefront[/size][/color] [color=red][size=4]URL[/size][/color]s [color=red][size=4]will[/size][/color] [color=red][size=4]not[/size][/color] work[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]“” however i can finished the installation. Strange things is i already enable the rewrite engine, and set up .htaccess. I am deploy on a VPS, so i do have full control. [/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]

If you use Apache check and try this:

[list]

[]To activate the module, the following line in httpd.conf needs to be active: LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

[
]restart Apache or

[*]rebuild Apache

[/list]

maybe your php is outdated you need the latest

Hi Thomas,

here is a guide, how you can test mod_rewrite on your server:

1. Create an empty directory named mod_rewrite_test/ on the server and upload files .htaccess and index.php into it. The files must have the following contents:[list]

[*].htaccess:

[/list]

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php
[list]

[*]index.php:

[/list]

print 'mod_rewrite works!';
?>

2. Type a URL of the form “http;//yourdomain.xx/mod_rewrite_test/” in your browser address bar.

The page that will open should contain message “mod_rewrite works!”. If no such message appears, make sure that the mod_rewrite module is installed and correctly configured, and that it is supported by your web server.

I get the same message, when trying to install 4.1.4.: “The URL rewrite engine is disabled. Subpath-based storefront URLs will not work”.

I use the same host as i always have used, and this has never happened before.

[quote name='Onkel_Sid' timestamp='1398280661' post='182215']

I get the same message, when trying to install 4.1.4.: “The URL rewrite engine is disabled. Subpath-based storefront URLs will not work”.

I use the same host as i always have used, and this has never happened before.

[/quote]

Then you have to ask your hosting provider to fix it, It's not a CS-Cart issue.

Thanks for answering, but do you know what i should ask them to fix? I know mod_rewrite is installed.

[quote name='Onkel_Sid' timestamp='1398283987' post='182217']

Thanks for answering, but do you know what i should ask them to fix? I know mod_rewrite is installed.

[/quote]

Have you solved the issue?

Yeah. Thanks. I tried installing it on a temporary domain, and that didn't work. When the real domain name was ready it installed OK.