• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dashboard Statistics Rate Topic   - - - - -

• salvag
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:31 AM #1

Can someone please explain the statistics sales chart on the dashboard for version 4? I do not understand the difference between "Current Period" and "Previous Period"

The numbers do not add up !

• salvag
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:59 AM #2

bump please

• Scott_C
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:18 PM #3

Hi, I think the previous period actually refers to 24 hours earlier, or; "this time yesterday" Despite what the date says.

• Magpie Don
  • Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:54 PM #4

When you are looking at sales data for Today, the Previous Period is Yesterday. Same with the Week and Month.
Today is thru the TIME and date, so Previous Period is thru the TIME and date also. Same with the week and Month.

CS-Cart Ultimate ver 4.9.3 SP1

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:13 PM #5

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get the dashboard looking more like it did in version 3? I especially miss the "Latest Comments and Reviews" section.

Another thing I liked better about the v3 dashboard was that the sales figure for the month compared this month so far with the previous month by that same time, rather than the whole month as it does now. You could see at a glance how this month's sales are going by comparison to the same day last month.

Not all changes are for the better. I hope this functionality can easily be brought back.

• Onkel_Sid
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:45 PM #6

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get the dashboard looking more like it did in version 3? I especially miss the "Latest Comments and Reviews" section.

Another thing I liked better about the v3 dashboard was that the sales figure for the month compared this month so far with the previous month by that same time, rather than the whole month as it does now. You could see at a glance how this month's sales are going by comparison to the same day last month.

Not all changes are for the better. I hope this functionality can easily be brought back.

Agreed !!!

Stop smoking start vaping: Dampskyen.no

• Magpie Don
  • Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:25 AM #7

Another thing I liked better about the v3 dashboard was that the sales figure for the month compared this month so far with the previous month by that same time, rather than the whole month as it does now.

Does it really do this in v4? I'm using old data from 2013 while I'm building so I don't have any values in the dashboard stats. If that's true, then that needs fixed!

CS-Cart Ultimate ver 4.9.3 SP1

• ooaykac
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:45 PM #8

Can someone please explain the statistics sales chart on the dashboard for version 4? I do not understand the difference between "Current Period" and "Previous Period"

The numbers do not add up !

Current Period = Today
Previous Period = 30 days before, starting from today

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1179 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:20 PM #9

"Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get the dashboard looking more like it did in version 3? I especially miss the "Latest Comments and Reviews" section."

Did anyone find a fix for this. I am also missing the way the reviews and comments showed on the dashboard in version 3.

• Ed Newman
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:42 PM #10

I'd prefer "previous period" to be the same day (Mon, Tue, etc.) of the same week (week 26 of 52, etc.) as last year.  In the retail work, we always compare that way for maximum accuracy.

Ed Newman
Dark Storm Industries LLC
www.dark-storm.com