Dashboard Statistics

Can someone please explain the statistics sales chart on the dashboard for version 4? I do not understand the difference between “Current Period” and “Previous Period”

The numbers do not add up !

bump please

Hi, I think the previous period actually refers to 24 hours earlier, or; “this time yesterday” Despite what the date says.

When you are looking at sales data for Today, the Previous Period is Yesterday. Same with the Week and Month.

Today is thru the TIME and date, so Previous Period is thru the TIME and date also. Same with the week and Month.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get the dashboard looking more like it did in version 3? I especially miss the “Latest Comments and Reviews” section.

Another thing I liked better about the v3 dashboard was that the sales figure for the month compared this month so far with the previous month by that same time, rather than the whole month as it does now. You could see at a glance how this month's sales are going by comparison to the same day last month.

Not all changes are for the better. I hope this functionality can easily be brought back.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1399734830' post='183242']

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get the dashboard looking more like it did in version 3? I especially miss the “Latest Comments and Reviews” section.

Another thing I liked better about the v3 dashboard was that the sales figure for the month compared this month so far with the previous month by that same time, rather than the whole month as it does now. You could see at a glance how this month's sales are going by comparison to the same day last month.

Not all changes are for the better. I hope this functionality can easily be brought back.

[/quote]

Agreed !!!

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1399734830' post='183242']

Another thing I liked better about the v3 dashboard was that the sales figure for the month compared this month so far with the previous month by that same time, rather than the whole month as it does now.

[/quote]

Does it really do this in v4? I'm using old data from 2013 while I'm building so I don't have any values in the dashboard stats. If that's true, then that needs fixed!

[quote name='salvag' timestamp='1388813490' post='174508']

Can someone please explain the statistics sales chart on the dashboard for version 4? I do not understand the difference between “Current Period” and “Previous Period”

The numbers do not add up !

[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Current Period = Today[/font][/color]

Previous Period = 30 days before, starting from today

"Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get the dashboard looking more like it did in version 3? I especially miss the "Latest Comments and Reviews" section."

Did anyone find a fix for this. I am also missing the way the reviews and comments showed on the dashboard in version 3.

I'd prefer "previous period" to be the same day (Mon, Tue, etc.) of the same week (week 26 of 52, etc.) as last year. In the retail work, we always compare that way for maximum accuracy.