How To Remove ?version Command

Wish all members a very Happy New Year!

I noticed that on some cs-cart systems, the tag Domain Names - Buy a Website Domain - Domain.com does not work i.e. it is disabled, and such a command merely reloads the page.

Can someone guide me on how to achieve this for a V 2.1.3 cart?

Cheers

Hello ramesh,

Happy New Year to you!

I don't have CS-Cart 2 at hand but in CS-Cart 4 it is possible to disable the version command the following way (please, check for CS-Cart 2, probably it's similar):

In the root directory of your installed CS-Cart, please open the init.php file.

Search for the line:

die(PRODUCT_NAME . ': version ' . PRODUCT_VERSION . ' ' . PRODUCT_EDITION . (PRODUCT_STATUS != '' ? (' (' . PRODUCT_STATUS . ')') : '') . (PRODUCT_BUILD != '' ? (' ' . PRODUCT_BUILD) : '') . '');

And disable it by adding // like below

//die(PRODUCT_NAME . ': version ' . PRODUCT_VERSION . ' ' . PRODUCT_EDITION . (PRODUCT_STATUS != '' ? (' (' . PRODUCT_STATUS . ')') : '') . (PRODUCT_BUILD != '' ? (' ' . PRODUCT_BUILD) : '') . '');

Save the changes and check.

Best regards, Alt-team

can cs-cart confirm they don't use this internaly ?

i dont see why they just don't show in footer of admin like anyone would do… a remote check like that is something that needs to be addressed…

example flaw/exploit found for version xxxx… .google search for dispatch and then trigger version and find vulnerable hosts… BAD BAD idea…

Thanks Guys for the help! I could find similar code in init.php

Can someone from Cs-Cart official team confirm that modding this out won't affect any functionality (say license check etc)?

Cheers

Hello ramesh,

Happy New Year to you!

I don't have CS-Cart 2 at hand but in CS-Cart 4 it is possible to disable the version command the following way (please, check for CS-Cart 2, probably it's similar):

In the root directory of your installed CS-Cart, please open the init.php file.

Search for the line:

die(PRODUCT_NAME . ': version ' . PRODUCT_VERSION . ' ' . PRODUCT_EDITION . (PRODUCT_STATUS != '' ? (' (' . PRODUCT_STATUS . ')') : '') . (PRODUCT_BUILD != '' ? (' ' . PRODUCT_BUILD) : '') . '');
And disable it by adding // like below

//die(PRODUCT_NAME . ': version ' . PRODUCT_VERSION . ' ' . PRODUCT_EDITION . (PRODUCT_STATUS != '' ? (' (' . PRODUCT_STATUS . ')') : '') . (PRODUCT_BUILD != '' ? (' ' . PRODUCT_BUILD) : '') . '');
Save the changes and check.

Best regards, Alt-team

Thanks a lot for this information its working !!

this should be removed by default