• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CSCModClub Rate Topic   - - - - -

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:36 PM #1

I thought I would start a new thread to discuss the CSCModClub.

First order of business; We need a logo. Any volunteers?

Second order of business; I need help. Anyone that's familiar with Joomla would be a huge help, but I also need people to brainstorm the format of the club and how it works. I have lots of ideas, but I'd like to hear input from you as well. I'm also thinking that we should have articles about new submissions. Any writers out there?

I have registered the domain www.CSCModClub.com. Keep an eye on the website because it will be live very soon.

• Dreamshop
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:52 PM #2

I can do a logo. Did you have anything specific in mind?
I'm the SEO Girl and Food Blog geek. ;)
[SIZE="1"]CS-Cart V1.3.4 R3[/SIZE]

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:57 PM #3

I'm really artistically challenged, to the point that I draw really bad stick figures, :rolleyes: , but I'm thinking something with a computer/tech/e-commerce theme. Piece of cake, right? ;)

• roban
  • Moderators
  • 1132 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:56 PM #4

I am Joomla oriented with over 1 GB of templates and components.

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:26 PM #5

I am Joomla oriented with over 1 GB of templates and components.

Way cool. I'll setup an admin account for you.

• Brandito
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:51 AM #6

I used too be good with Joomla!, haven't used it in awhile, but hey..just like riding a bike ;). Need something in particular?
[SIZE="1"]Current Version:
CS Cart 1.3.4 SP2

Current Mods installed:
Thickbox (with e-menu) : Tabbed product details : Previous & Next Navigation (with SEO mod by SWS) : Manufacturer META tags[/SIZE]

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:57 PM #7

We can use all the help we can get. Not only with Joomla, but with developing the club itself.

We need artistic people, we need people that can tinker with code, people that know how to use Joomla, and writers, reviewers, and editors.

For those who are interested in helping, membership is, of course, free. Contact me directly at (800) 764-7469, or email to Mike*at*NVone.com

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:35 PM #8

CSCModClub Springs To Life
Written by Mike Keeney
Saturday, 21 July 2007

The CSCModClub website began limited operation today. The site is in the process of being assembled with the help from the expert hands of Tony Kowalick, whom we all know as ETI, and Rob Anthony, known as Roban.

Before we began this project we decided to use the popular Joomla content management system, (CMS), as the foundation of the site. Joomla websites can be found all over the world, and it was clearly the best choice our needs. Joomla is also supported by dozens of 3rd party developers, who have produced hundreds of modules, components, and plugins over the years. Both ETI and Roban have done a great job building the foundation of the website. The first thing we installed was an awsome forum program called FireBoard. The name says it all. This program is hot, hot, hot. The gents have also installed a Wiki, a subscription manager, and a download manager. All of these modules were added to our Joomla installation within the last 24 hours. That's a lot to configure and learn for us, so it will probably take the better part of a week or so before we're able to tie it all together and make a fully functional website.

We could use your help to get the CSCModClub up and running. If you have made a Mod or hack for CS-Cart, we would like to make it available to our members. We will be creating a submissions page to provide you with the means of submitting your mod(s). But if you would like to contribute to the club, please update your code and arrange it so that people can understand how to install it.
If you would like to help with the club, we can sure use you. Send me an email to MikeK@CSCModClub.com This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it and we'll chat.

The URL is www.CSCModClub.com. There isn't much to see at the moment, but we're adding features & functions as fast as we can.

• wavi
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:28 PM #9

any estimate date can subscribe and offer mod ?

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:48 PM #10

any estimate date can subscribe and offer mod ?

We're adding content and capabilities every day. I think you'll see full operation within a week, two at the most.

For now, you can register for the site and the mod upload form is opwrational, for those who would like to submit one.

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:06 AM #11

Any news of what is happening with the club?

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:22 AM #12

Actually, we're just about ready for the grand opening. I've been a bit swamped at work so I haven't been able to spend much time on the club. Just a few minutes here and there. Hopefully we can get some major progress over the weekend.

• aarevalo
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:06 PM #13

I already registered
:)
Webmaster for Discount tattoo supply

• DOSPLUS
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:23 PM #14

I just registered to the 50$ club, when should I pay? MIKEK, let me know when required... and joomla site is functional!

Ray
Takes a lot of courage to speak out! But sometimes, even more to shut-up...

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:49 PM #15

Hi DOSPlus,

The biggest obstacle so far has been setting up a process to handle and account for the money. I've finally got that handled. We now have a bank account at WAMU, and a PayPal account to handle the transactions.

I think we've settled on $35/yr. for dues.

I'll be working on the website over this weekend to get everything tied together. No holiday for me. :cry:

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:48 AM #16

Not one mod yet? How about a "Tips and Tricks" section? I have a few I might share.

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:04 AM #17

Actually, there are several mod's ready to go, we just need to get the membership issues taken care of first. Most of the mods will be available to members only. Once we get that in place we'll be adding content daily.

• roban
  • Moderators
  • 1132 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:15 AM #18

A tips section sounds like a good idea. We can have that easily.

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:39 AM #19

hey all what is joomla ? ???? and also anyone know of someone that is good at making logos ? cause i need a logo to be placed on the invoice that customers get emailed to them and the problem is i dont know where to access this to change it does cs cart have a class as to how to dothis kinda stuff let me know and also im interesting in a gift certificate mod is there one available ?
Calvin
Small Engine Parts and supplies
Need Parts for Chainsaws ETC? We have them Obsolete Parts For Homelite McCulloch Echo Poulan

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:12 PM #20

hey all what is joomla ? ???? and also anyone know of someone that is good at making logos ? cause i need a logo to be placed on the invoice that customers get emailed to them and the problem is i dont know where to access this to change it does cs cart have a class as to how to dothis kinda stuff let me know and also im interesting in a gift certificate mod is there one available ?

Hi Calvin,

I respectfully request that you make a new thread with your assistance required. Understandably you want to know what Joomla is however hijacking this thread makes it quiet confusing for other users attempting to read into the cscmodclub. Additionally I highly doubt someone will assist in your requests within this thread.

Jesse.

PS: The forum search function will show that there is already a gift certificate mod created.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.