Whats's New

With some store (like us) always adding new things a link to display the last x number of products added would be very handy. Regular visitors find it hard to keep tracking down the new products amongst the old ones.

Ian :smiley:

Yes, this would be useful.

Also… The ability to define an item as “special” and display a list of items that are on special offer.

[quote name=‘recedo’]Yes, this would be useful.

Also… The ability to define an item as “special” and display a list of items that are on special offer.[/QUOTE]

You can do that

[quote name=‘Lucifer’]You can do that[/quote]

Can I? How? Am I missing somethign simple here?

Organize Index Page

Thats not quite what I meant. I know I can select featured products to show on the index page, however I want to be able to have, lets say a psuedo category called “specials” and when selected it lists the products that are on special in the same way it does with other categories - perhaps even showing the sub-cats too.

Simon

I think a check box whenever adding a product to make it show automatically in a new arrivals section.

[quote name=‘drdisk’]I think a check box whenever adding a product to make it show automatically in a new arrivals section.[/quote]

Personally, I think this is a very bad idea… The last cart I had used this method and it was a nightmare finding them all when I had to change them - or I had to mess around with the database directly which I don’t like doing.

I think for new arrivals it should be defined by a time period somewhere - for example all products added in the last week are classed as “new”, after that week they return to “normal”.

Simon

[

I think for new arrivals it should be defined by a time period somewhere - for example all products added in the last week are classed as “new”, after that week they return to “normal”.

Simon[/QUOTE]

i think a period of time would be a good idea. i do not want to put the new items in a special place because then i have to remember to go back and rorganize. or take them down and put the new ones up.

I think CS-Cart should have an option called “New products” in here Seller will define how long the product will stay as new (1 day, 2 days, a week). When a new product is added, CS-Cart will automatically track the day and time of the product. And in the will appear a New arrive gif image next to the product until it exprire. Feature product should stay the same, if seller want it to appear on the front page then they can add it manually. Or we can have a select box called “Also add to feature product” If the box is check then the item will automatically add to feature product will be remove when it exprire (base on the setting in “New product”. If Seller want to stay it longer in the Feature product then they can go in feature product and manually added. And if seller want to display the new product gif longer in the catalog then seller can go in to the product and select the box called “New arrival”. We need this option globally.

Sorry for my grammatic and structure, hope you guys understand

Yes, those are good ideas and I’d love to see them as part of the cart in the future. Exactly what I was thinking.

Simon

this is an old thread… did anyone ever come up with a solution to this? I would really love to have a NEW sign if product < 1 month old