Turn AJAX on or off?

As much as I like the AJAX functions in CS-cart, after reading these forums I am worried that peoplewon’t be able to use the site who have norton antivirus etc?

Is there any conclusion to the debate?

What do u guys do? enable or disable?

thanks

Disabled here. Had some issues with it. Some customers complained. Unable to shop and that is not good

thank you, I will disable it.

To disable to do you have to remove all the code? Please suggest.

No you can disable dynamic HTML in the admin area.

I have it turned off too. I can’t afford to lose customers.

I know this may be a really weird question since you guys know a lot about computers. But what is this AJAX that keeps stalling my website - it has a picture of the word LOADING and it just hangs up the site. If I turn off the AJAX??? thing, then it works but the next page won’t scroll over. The cart quits sayiing something was added to the cart.

Basically I want to know if the AJAX is a problem for everyone or just my computer? Is there something I can fix on my computer to stop this loading stall? I believe it’s a javascript error but then I see it has something to do with AJAX and that just doesn’t make sense to me.

Go easy on me, I’m not completely computer literate. I try, but the php language is tougher than I thought.

Thank you,

Kristiana

AJAX – Asynchronous JavaScript and XML

It is a method by which parts of the screen may be changed without reloading the page. It is more interactive in appeance than html, approaching a pc software screen (although we are not at that quality yet).

It adds a very cool feeling to the user and hopefully that translates into comfort and credibilty (rough translation – more CA$H in your pocket).

I too am concerned as it hangs for me way too frequently to be comfortable. I have tried IE6 and IE7 with no change.

Regards,

As Epoch says ( It adds a very cool feeling to the user and hopefully that translates into comfort and credibilty (rough translation – more CA$H in your pocket).)

For me I rather have the customers than a cool feeling…LOL

Since i turned mine off had no complaints from customers at all. My 2 cents