4.0.2 Bootstrap16 & 12 CSS Files Not Used Anymore?

Hello All,

I was attempting to follow this KB article on making cs-cart responsive on a new install of 4.0.2 and my instillation has no “bootstrap_grid_16.min.css” or "bootstrap_grid_12.min.css" in the directory:

design/themes/basic/css/lib/bootstrap/

All I have are the following directories and files:

design > themes > basic > css > lib > bootstrap > less:
-- grid.less
-- layouts.less
-- mixins.less

I am assuming that version 4.0.2 ditched those files and now uses .less?

I am in the same situation, will there be a tutorial posted on this anytime soon?

I am in the same situation too.

We're experiencing the same issue. Please provide us with an update on how to re-enable responsive in 4.0.2.

Do not have an improvement in this situation yet?

[quote name='word2media' timestamp='1381788739' post='169743']

Do not have an improvement in this situation yet?

[/quote]

Nothing yet, I even created a support ticket with this question last week and have yet to hear anything from anyone…

[quote name='Galactica' timestamp='1381847257' post='169803']

Nothing yet, I even created a support ticket with this question last week and have yet to hear anything from anyone…

[/quote]

Thank you,

I also thought about creating a support ticket.

If you get a reply please post it here.

[quote name='Galactica' timestamp='1381847257' post='169803']

[/quote]

We have opened a support ticket as well, no reply as of yet… waiting patiently

Here's what I heard from support. Have not tried it yet:

I should inform you that version 4.0.2 allows you to set up a fluid layout in the administration panel. Please take the following steps:

1. Go to the Design > Layouts page in your CS-Cart administration panel.
  2. There will be the Gear button in the top right corner. Click on it and select Edit layout.
  3. In the Layout width select box select Fluid
  4. Specify the minimal and maximal width.
  5. Click Save to apply the changes.

[quote name='pxforti' timestamp='1382207773' post='170019']

Here's what I heard from support. Have not tried it yet:

I should inform you that version 4.0.2 allows you to set up a fluid layout in the administration panel. Please take the following steps:

2. There will be the Gear button in the top right corner. Click on it and select Edit layout.

[/quote]

I saw this feature in the admin, but that is not actually responsive. It will not change the layout or template(s) on mobile devices as accurately as it could. Fluid layouts are based on proportions, laying out your website so elements take up the same percent of space on different screen sizes, while a responsive design uses CSS media queries to present different layouts based on screen sizes or the device that is accessing the site.

I too received a reply from the help desk and the response I received stated the following information:

"Unfortunately, the Responsive Layout feature is not implemented in CS-Cart version 4.0.2. We apologize for any possible inconvenience.

You can try making such a layout by yourself with the help of this article: [url=“Scaffolding · Bootstrap”]Scaffolding · Bootstrap or we can offer you the customization services offered by our affiliate company Simtech Development Ltd.

I would like to inform you that reorganization took place in our company and now our Custom Development department acts as a separate legal entity. Their company name is Simtech Development Ltd and the website is www.simtechdev.com."

While I appreciate the response I am a tad aggravated that the CS-Cart team just changes things non-stop without any user notification, changing from straight CSS to LESS for example, it's all well and good, but a little heads up before the release of 4.0.2 would have been nice so developers could plan accordingly. Also why now of all times, when mobile ecommerce is on the rise (and by that I mean skyrocketing) would you not move forward with this feature or dare I say improve on it? While most companies are going mobile first, CS-Cart seems to be going the opposite direction which is very disconcerting to me.

As disappointed as I am in this missing feature I know I have the skillset to make my clients sites responsive, even without it as a CS-Cart feature. I guess what has me worried is what they will change/drop next without notice, a little feedback or an email to developers / customers would go a long way to saving our sanity not to mention encourage us to work with CS-Cart further.

" what has me worried is what they will change/drop next without notice"

I totally agree. I don't mind that they changed the very convulted method for making the layout fluid, but the documentation says nothing about it and I wasted several hours upgrading and then downgrading because I couldn't figure out how this feature was changed.

I'm about ready to find a different cart as my default ecommerce solution. Anyone have recommendations?

thanks for posting the fix for this :) I am still awaiting my response from them.

We received the same answer

Thank you for your time and patience. I apologize for the delay in answering.

I am sorry to hear that you have faced the issue.

Yes, some files were rewritten. But I should inform you that version 4.0.2 allows you to set up a fluid layout in the administration panel. Please take the following steps:

I hope this information will help you.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Mariya Vechkanova

Technical support engineer

CS-Cart Knowledge Base: http://kb.cs-cart.com

CS-Cart Reference Guide: [url=“https://www.cs-cart.com/reference-guide.html”]https://www.cs-cart.com/reference-guide.html[/url]

CS-Cart Community Forums: http://forum.cs-cart.com

Our technical support team works Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., our local time is UTC+4

hi,

I am taking this message from this code line : if ( !defined('BOOTSTRAP') ) { die('Access denied'); }

what can I do?any suggesstion?

regards,

may