Changes aren't showing in 4.0.2

I made a couple of changes and they are not showing when I view the store (via the closed access). I changed the bottom payment icons by:

Template Editor > Basic > Templates > Blocks > Static_Templates > payment_icons.tpl.

I also removed the powered by at the copyright in the footer. First I removed it in the language, then instead of removing it from the page it changed it from “Powered by Cs-Cart Shopping Cart Software” to “_powered_by”. So then I removed the last portion in the copyright.tpl via the above path. It still shows powered by.

Yes I have cleared cache.

I really wish there was more documentation in the knowledge base for this version. Almost everything I viewed doesn’t have instructions for 4.0 yet. Same here in this forum. And there’s no manual.

Please clear cache again this way [color=#ff0000]yourdomain.com (add your domain and also change admin.php is you have changed yours )

I hope that helps,

Valentin

[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]

Ok great, that's worked, thanks!

However I'm still having an issue with the payment icons. I changed them to:

amex

mascarcard

visa

discover

paypal

But the site is displaying:

google

mastercard

visa

google

paypal

It's replacing amex & discover with google. Is there something else I need to change? Or is there a different wording for those two?

Correction, it's replacing them with the C2, not with google.

Try checking web from other browser then one you use to edit website. Are you sure you are editing correct skin, layout? Meaning have you cloned skin prior editing? In layout page you can select what edit but only default layout is visible in front end. Make sure layout you are editing is set default.

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1380987882' post='169225'] Try checking web from other browser then one you use to edit website. Are you sure you are editing correct skin, layout? Meaning have you cloned skin prior editing? In layout page you can select what edit but only default layout is visible in front end. Make sure layout you are editing is set default. [/quote]

It is the same in different browser. I have not cloned the skin/layout, & it is the default. I don't even have any others to edit.

I am running in to the same issue. I've cleared the cache and I have tried to use a browser that I had never used on the upgraded site.

I would agree that documentation is pretty bad because there isn't much there. I guess I'm still surprised of the primitive way we are editing things like this too! This seems like it should be so much easier than having to edit a .tpl file. I know it did this the same way in 3, but aren't we supposed to be advancing here.

For clearing browser cache please use CTRL+F5, if you are using chrome you must use it for 4,5… times because the cache has more the 1 “live” :))

I tried Ctrl F5 but it's still showing the same images.

Since I have tried going to the site from other browsers that have not been on the new site and I have even borrowed a computer from my kids to look at it, without a doubt clearing the cache in the browser or the in CS admin does not do anything in this instance.

This is the response I received from support:

[quote]I should inform you that we use sprites for these icons. In order to change the icon, it is also necessary to create a CSS class which will specify the position of the necessary icon on the sprite image and add a line with this class to the mentioned template. If you wish, we can make these modifications for 10 support credits. Please let me know if you are interested in it.[/quote]

I saw the payment icon image and it already has the American Express and Discover logos on it, so wouldn't they already be ready or available to call out for? Otherwise why make it easy to edit the payment-icon.tpl file by changing the name of the icons?

Also why would they charge me support credits to explain something that should be freely available in the knowledge base?

WOW, is CS-Cart serious! You are correct Brennie369, they should not be charging for something like this and it should be in the knowledge base. Actually, I thought the idea was to have user friendly software. This is such a simple thing to change icons, why in the world would they make it so difficult? Oh wait, they make it easier for you to change the skin, but more difficult to change an icon. Go figure.

I still can't figure out what she's saying. I checked the css file (base.css) & it already has positions noted for all of the icons, so why ISN'T it just a matter of changing them in the payment-icon.tpl file?

Were you ever able to figure this out?

For the payment icons?

Correct. Back in October you had said you still could not figure it out.

Yes, this is the fix applied by support:

In design/themes/basic/css/base (appox lines 943 & 947), add:

.payment-icon.american-express {

background-position: -100px -200px;

}

.payment-icon.discover {

background-position: -200px -200px;

}

The part you have listed here appears to be already listed in v4.0.3 but I still seem to be doing something wrong. It shows the wrong icons, even if I delete them from the base stye sheet.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1386819653' post='173376']

The part you have listed here appears to be already listed in v4.0.3 but I still seem to be doing something wrong. It shows the wrong icons, even if I delete them from the base stye sheet.

[/quote]

I'd love to get an answer to this as well. It's like the base.css and payment_icons.tpl files are just decoys for the real ones. I don't get it!

[quote name='fishtail' timestamp='1387068576' post='173519']

I'd love to get an answer to this as well. It's like the base.css and payment_icons.tpl files are just decoys for the real ones. I don't get it!

[/quote]

I may be wrong in the following of this thread, but is it the payment icons that are displayed in the bottom left of the store that you are trying to change.

If it is then in version 4.0.3 this is done in design/layouts default scrolling to the bottom of the page and there is a payment icons block that can be edited.

Alan

in addition to the style sheet, try this:

in basic > templates > blocks > static_templates > payment_icons.tpl

change to the preferred payment icons. Make sure they match what's in the css (i.e. american-express, not amex)