• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to Speed Up and Optimise CS-Cart Version 4? Rate Topic   * * * * * 1 votes

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12075 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:46 PM #101

Where did you "call tech support"? Didn't know cs-cart helpdesk had a phone published.

Suggest with the concurrent users you describe that you add memory. Memory is more valuable than cores for this application (as discussed in many, many threads here). Memory impacts DB performance, file system buffering (i.e. cache) and many other areas.

Your website administrator or hosting company should be able to quickly identify what resource shortfalls you are encountering. From my experience it is one of (in common occurrence order):
  • Memory shortfall
  • Slow disk subsystem
  • poorly configured backend cache, CDN or other "outside" systems being used.
Perfomrnace impact can be reduced by intelligent use of things like product features, number of languages, etc.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• kogi
  • Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:16 PM #102

With 40-50 users online on a server with 6 core 3 ghz and 4 gb ram you must wait 5-6 seconds to load a page.

The VPS is in Melbourne/Australia, which adds at least 1 second to my load times when tested from US.
cs-cart is only populated with test data, but a lot of addons disabled

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot from 2015-07-23 08-15-59.png

find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:00 PM #103

I`m sorry but cs-cart is very slow !!! I called tech support a week ago and nobody answered .

With 40-50 users online on a server with 6 core 3 ghz and 4 gb ram you must wait 5-6 seconds to load a page.

We think we will migrate to magento !

Not the best decision, until you have a lot of money to spend:)

Did you send the request to Help Desk? I would like to take a look at your server configuration.
Please PM me the ticket ID or create a new ticket with "for imac" note in the title.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• nagamahesh22
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:24 AM #104

We are facing more loading time is 6.55 to 7.55 Secs in my website. We are using them in vivashop theme. On site, version is 4.3.6.I don't know "what the problem is loading time much more?", depends on either theme effect, nor version effect. How to fix it problem. Please help us.

Regards,

B. Naga mahesh