• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Product Filters Grayed Out, Not Selectable - Version 3 Rate Topic   - - - - -

• donaldson
  • Trial users
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:34 PM #1

We have been trying to determine why products filtres are grayed out and unselectable on our site.

We have a large site with 6000+ products, 700 + features and lots of filters. For example, our 'length' feature for boxes has 83 variations alone.

We have a Cardboard Box Category on our web site. There 90+ products, and each product has it's length, width, height as a feature and filter.

www.bascousa.com/shipping-and-packaging/boxes-and-cartons/corrugated-mailing-boxes/

The very first box on the page is 3 x 3 x 2.

When you look the source code for the 'height' filter check box, some are have a class element class="filter-item have a html link built in:

<a href="/shipping-and-packaging/boxes-and-cartons/corrugated-mailing-boxes/?items_per_page=96&amp;subcats=Y&amp;features_hash=V6304" rel="nofollow" class="filter-item cm-ajax cm-ajax-full-render" rev="product_filters_*,products_search_*,category_products_*,product_features_*,breadcrumbs_*,currencies_*,languages_*">27 1/2 inches&nbsp;<span class="details">&nbsp;(2)</span></a>

But others have a class tag that says the element is disabled. The filter variant '3', for example:

<a rel="nofollow"[b] class="filter-item disabled" [/b]rev="product_filters_*,products_search_*,category_products_*,product_features_*,breadcrumbs_*,currencies_*,languages_*">3 inches&nbsp;</a>

Why are some filters just disabled?

I have increased the elements per page to 5000.
I have changed this line in the config.php file to eveything from 1 to 5000:

define('PRODUCT_FEATURE_VARIANTS_THRESHOLD', 1)

I have used the Clear Cache features countless times.

But regardless of what I do, it fails to bring in every filter for that category, as well as others.

It there another variable to change that will allow us to use these?

It -item disabled
filter-item disabled

• Ed Newman
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:28 AM #2

Bump. Did you find the solution to this? Does not appear so looking at your website. I am having the same issue.

No matter what I do, I cannot get some of the features under "fits" to show as available.

http://www.dark-stor...stol-magazines/

The products have the feature applied and it shows in the product page.

I'm stumped!

Ed Newman
Dark Storm Industries LLC
www.dark-storm.com

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:36 AM #3

it looks like a bug so please contact cs-cart support

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19794 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:37 AM #4

For some reason your store is not operating for me. I receive the following message:

The page is not available
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.