• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4.0.2 Released: Store Import, CDN Support, Widget Mode, More Rate Topic   - - - - -

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:48 PM #121

They are (and I don't think they should) bringing across 3rd party addon tables in V4. This causes all sorts of problems since there are things like company_id and lang_code that would then be invalid.

Interesting. So would we be better off to use something like ######### so we don't bring over all the other clutter? A bunch of extra junk in the database sounds like something that would slow down the site and cause problems in the long run. I know a lot of you are comfy doing the upgrade manually, but I'm kind of in between. I know enough to be dangerous. I might be able to do it manually, but odds are I would just screw something up.

That was interesting. It put a bunch of #### signs and covered up what I suggested. Anyways, c a r t 2 c a r t. Maybe that will post.
Regards,
Jim

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:10 PM #122

they should ignore tables they don't know about.
Generally, when an addon installs in the db area you do things like "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS". This is great and would allow a new table to be updated by the addon developer. Unfortunately (like I learned with my auto_mail addon for V4) that since the table is copied over, the new schema is not created. And the existing data is not compatible with the new site (lang_code and company_id). So the data is no good anyway due to those changes. I've adjusted the installation script for this, but the tables should not have been brought forward.

But I'm also sure that for some other developer and their addon, that bringing the tables forward would be desirable.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:15 AM #123

Learned the hard way. Did the import from 2.2.5 to the new 4.0.02 a few days ago and it went very smooth. Made changes on the new version to get it ready to launch. Then I did the "store import" again to try to update orders that had come in. Bad idea! It did update the orders, but it zapped all the changes I made too. It even defaulted back to say Simbrisk, etc. Not good. Now I've got to go back in and figure out the design part again. So instead I figured out that if I don't "Complete Store Import" I can run the "Actualize data" again and it pulls in the orders. I still haven't figured out what else this "Actualize data" does but it at least allows me to work on the new page for a few days.

I know, some of you are laughing at me and probably already knew that. My guess is there is someone else who found out the hard way.

Now I'm off to figure out all the other changes I made and lost.

Dear clips,

That is how it works. We tried to explain it as detailed as it only is possible here: http://kb.cs-cart.com/store-import

There is a special note regarding what data is going to be overwritten: Posted Image

If you have any suggestion on how we can make it more clear for a store admin, I would be happy to hear your thoughts (no sarcasm intended).
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:11 PM #124

First suggestion is that you put something in the "upgrade" area at...
http://kb.cs-cart.com/upgrade
That was where I looked and did not find anything. Since I was doing an upgrade it seemed like the logical place to look.

Second suggestion is to put it RIGHT ON THE PAGE! You put vague info about it at...
yourwebsite .com/admin.php?dispatch=store_import.index
...but you use a word that I had no idea what it meant, "Actualize". I tried to find info on the forum, no luck. When I typed it in the Knowledge base it returned nothing last week, but now I see that it does.

Finally, I would have to agree that you need to allow us to choose what to update again. The only thing that I would need would be the order and customer info. I can see where there might be other things, but that is the priority.

Another part that I do not understand is why the "import" function is not able to pull in simple things like my company information. If it is small enough to pull in products, etc. it seems like it should be smart enough to pull in simple information like the basic company information.
Regards,
Jim

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:19 AM #125

Imac,
In addition, please do not copy 3rd party addon tables into the new V4 database. With all the changes to company_id and lang_code, the data is no longer valid. Since the addons are not compatible, the database isn't either. If we (3rd party developers) want to migrate DB tables, we can do that in the same way you do in the core product by reading the old DB, doing ALTER TABLES as needed and fixing the data. But expecting it to be valid from V2 or V3 to V4 is not a reasonable expectation. Took me quite a while to figure out what was going on when a client loaded a new V4 addon on an "imported" system....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• akistdm
  • Trial users
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:32 PM #126

Hi to all.
I did the upgrade from 2.2.5 to 4.0.2 with no problem.
I am now in the step of configuring my store before actualizing my data. A lot of work here but i am not in a hurry.
I want to ask if i have to do something so that google bots don't read any url of the new store and mess up my results on google search. I have the new store closed but is that enough?
Thanks!

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:13 PM #127

Set the robots.txt file for the new store to have "Disallow: /" to block search engines from crawling it. Make sure you only do this for the subdomain/subfolder where you have installed V4.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:14 PM #128

Or you can password protect the directory in cPanel. They way you don't have to remember to go fix up robots.txt.

• akistdm
  • Trial users
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:16 PM #129

The password protect of cpanel don't allow google bots?
I didn't know this.
Cs cart must inform users for this.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:24 PM #130

It creates a password entiry in .htaccess and things never even get to php or the cart itself.
The bot (or person) would have to have the password for a protected directory.

• akistdm
  • Trial users
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:32 PM #131

Thanks a lot for the reply!

• akistdm
  • Trial users
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:51 PM #132

Set the robots.txt file for the new store to have "Disallow: /" to block search engines from crawling it. Make sure you only do this for the subdomain/subfolder where you have installed V4.

i have the main store in ''public_html'' directory and the new store in ''public_html/newstore''.
i must set the ''public_html/newstore/robots.txt'' file to "Disallow: /" am i right?
Not the ''public_html/robots.txt'' .

• Alexder
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:37 AM #133

i have the main store in ''public_html'' directory and the new store in ''public_html/newstore''.
i must set the ''public_html/newstore/robots.txt'' file to "Disallow: /" am i right?
Not the ''public_html/robots.txt'' .

Yes, correct

• Sadec76
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:28 PM #134

Hello,
is there anyone who experienced this bug (http://forum.cs-cart...le-storefronts/) and found a solution? We are currently struggling with this and it means we have to watch our stores almost 24/7 because it turns off the site randomly and we can not afford such a bad customer experience! It is really crucial for us to have some solution before 4.0.3 comes out, if anyone has a solution available, please post it here or to the bug tracker.

Thanks to all

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:44 PM #135

Hello,
is there anyone who experienced this bug (http://forum.cs-cart...le-storefronts/) and found a solution? We are currently struggling with this and it means we have to watch our stores almost 24/7 because it turns off the site randomly and we can not afford such a bad customer experience! It is really crucial for us to have some solution before 4.0.3 comes out, if anyone has a solution available, please post it here or to the bug tracker.

Thanks to all

You can try to move this function fn_seo_is_indexed_page from seo func.php to functions/fn.common.php.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• Sadec76
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:59 AM #136

You can try to move this function fn_seo_is_indexed_page from seo func.php to functions/fn.common.php.

Thank You very much,
I've changed it and we will now watch the site closely if the error still persist or if it is gone now. Can't wait for 4.0.3 I hope that it will be available soon.
In bugtracker they say that it is fixed in next version but they forgot to add a solution. I hope that this solution will until the new version emerges.

• jimmyod
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:03 PM #137

I am stuck on actualizing data. It just hangs and nothing happens.I even followed the tips suggested on trouble shooting in the KB
And it did not help. I only want to bring over my customer info & new orders info from my v3.
Does anybody have suggestions???

• soft-solid
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1673 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:26 PM #138

I am import from version 3.0.3 to 4.0.2. Next upgrade from version 4.0.2 to 4.0.3, prepare design and configure shop. Now before switching shops a want update orders and products from shop 3.0.3. ONLY orders and products. I have not idea what to do.
Any idea ?
Thanks
Robert.

Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl | marketplace | Multi-Vendor/CS-Cart Development | Dedicated developers

We specialize in creating the highest quality addons, safe, useful and flexible

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:54 PM #139

Now before switching shops a want update orders and products from shop 3.0.3. ONLY orders and products. I have not idea what to do.

/app/addons/store_import/schemas/store_import/table_replacement.php

Comment as necessary.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• soft-solid
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1673 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:21 PM #140

/app/addons/store_import/schemas/store_import/table_replacement.php

Comment as necessary.

I changed the contents of the file but still update everything. I cleaned the cache. I do not know why but the changes in this file will not affect the import. Below file that I created.

http://www.cscart.so...replacement.txt

Thank you
Robert Diak

Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl | marketplace | Multi-Vendor/CS-Cart Development | Dedicated developers

We specialize in creating the highest quality addons, safe, useful and flexible