• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4.0.2 Released: Store Import, CDN Support, Widget Mode, More Rate Topic   - - - - -

• jomapel
  • Trial users
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:19 PM #101

Hello
I have a big problem with an import csv file. i can t import the pictures and if i import a file 5 times, i have 5 identical products. It is a bug from me? or is a general bug?
Can you help me
thanks

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:57 AM #102

Suggest you post a line from your CSV that is causing you problems. Should also post the Header line as well.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:56 AM #103

Known bug in V4.0.2

http://forum.cs-cart...e-product-code/

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• sok777
  • Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:11 PM #104

Hello

can you import images without problem in 4.0.2 (looks like it has more bugs than 4.0.1)?

I followed "bug instructions"... and it keeps saying:

Error Please specify the images directory within the store root directory. Put the images to import in this directory.

var/exim/backup/images/

I have images in this folder, and in my import csv I have tested with absolute, relative and "only file" name path. NOTHING works.
-----

Another issue is that if I import my own "product id" number after export (or during import) it does not respect my codes, I mean If I import product is: 501, 502, 503 . It gives me 1, 2, 3.

Any idea how to resolve these issues?

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:34 PM #105

Error Please specify the images directory within the store root directory. Put the images to import in this directory.

var/exim/backup/images/

Are the file permissions correct?

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:06 AM #106

Unknown (or unsupported) fields are ignored on import. So if you have a column named "Product id" it will probably be ignored. Everything is done by product_code (and product_code is not unique in the DB).

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• sok777
  • Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:17 AM #107

Are the file permissions correct?

It is installed on local enviroment, never had this problem before 4.0.2.
I noticed that by default var/exim/backup/images/ did not exist (not sure if it is normal)
So I created test product with image and exported, so this folder was created. Afterwords I placed new images there and tried new import. Still gives the same error.

Another strange thing. If I try to change the path in the image import options it does not let me and change back to the default path var/exim/backup/images/

• sok777
  • Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:30 AM #108

Unknown (or unsupported) fields are ignored on import. So if you have a column named "Product id" it will probably be ignored. Everything is done by product_code (and product_code is not unique in the DB).

One moment... The field Product id is one of the default import fields how can it be unknown? Moreover this is a key field in Product combination import.

The normal procedure was to assign product id (besides product code) in the Product import table and use the same product id in order to assign specific combination codes in the Product combination table...

So I would like to keep my product id during import at least, otherwise it will be impossible to import combination codes correct.

Or something is changed in this regards in 4.0.2?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:29 PM #109

I beg to differ.. For an import, "Product code" is the only required field and as stated above any column named 'Product id" will probably be ignored/excluded.

A product_id is an internal identifier and should never be used in marketing or external links. One should always use the product code.

You would have to make changes to the import area to:
  • check if the product exists
  • if it does, do an update, if not, do an insert (or you might get away with a replace)

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2429 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:45 PM #110

I beg to differ.. For an import, "Product code" is the only required field and as stated above any column named 'Product id" will probably be ignored/excluded.

A product_id is an internal identifier and should never be used in marketing or external links. One should always use the product code.

You would have to make changes to the import area to:

• check if the product exists
  • if it does, do an update, if not, do an insert (or you might get away with a replace)

Tony, I was wondering, do you know how to link to a product without using the product ID or seo url? These links can be very handy because they link to the language the customer used the shop last in.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:55 PM #111

Learned the hard way. Did the import from 2.2.5 to the new 4.0.02 a few days ago and it went very smooth. Made changes on the new version to get it ready to launch. Then I did the "store import" again to try to update orders that had come in. Bad idea! It did update the orders, but it zapped all the changes I made too. It even defaulted back to say Simbrisk, etc. Not good. Now I've got to go back in and figure out the design part again. So instead I figured out that if I don't "Complete Store Import" I can run the "Actualize data" again and it pulls in the orders. I still haven't figured out what else this "Actualize data" does but it at least allows me to work on the new page for a few days.

I know, some of you are laughing at me and probably already knew that. My guess is there is someone else who found out the hard way.

Now I'm off to figure out all the other changes I made and lost.

By the way, I could not post here using Firefox 24, Chrome 30 or IE9. I finally had to click on the "Reply to this Topic" to be able to post...if this even post. Not to mention the page takes FOREVER to load the bottom section. Are there some bugs going on in the forum?
Regards,
Jim

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:11 PM #112

do you know how to link to a product without using the product ID

Pretty easy to do a controller that will translate a product code to a product id. You can look at the free "remote_checkout" script I posted (and updated for V4). It uses a product_code as the argument. Note that unless Localization is being used, things will still be in CART_LANGUAGE unless otherwise set in the URL (I.e. &sl=[language_code]).

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:15 PM #113

Jim, No, I doubt anyone is laughing. There are bugs in V4.0.2 store iimport (probably why V4.0.3 is on such a short horizon) and the documentation is terrible and does not describe what really happens. A good technical writer is needed for all areas of the cart (primarily admin) that can write good "theory of operation" type descriptions for actions taken and what the expected results should be.

I believe (from the posts Imax made) that "Data Actualization" brings in orders and customers only and updates them to be the same as the imported store. But that's a guess.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 4006 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:25 PM #114

Since the store import failed on me and rendered my live store inoperable, after I installed the back up and got running again, I ended up manually updating to 4.0.2. It was time consuming but fairly easy to do (if you know what you're doing). The only drawback is updating the changes if/when I go live.

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:34 PM #115

From Tools post it sounds like I should count my blessings that it didn't shut down my live site. I'm glad I am testing on a site that is not my primary.
Regards,
Jim

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:05 PM #116

From Tools post it sounds like I should count my blessings that it didn't shut down my live site. I'm glad I am testing on a site that is not my primary.

What you need to do is edit your table_replacement.php file.. Located in /app/addons/store_import/schemas/store_import/

Need to remove all the // in front of everything except the following. Then the import will only bring across the following.. What I had to do..

//'new_orders',
//'order_data',
//'order_details',
//'order_docs',
//'order_transactions',
//'orders',
//'user_data',
//'user_profiles',
//'user_session_products',
//'users',

This will bring across only users and orders.. You can select exactly what you want to be imported.

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:42 AM #117

Hey CarStickersDecals, did you edit this file before you did the import or after you did the initial? I will have to try this on one of our other sites.
Regards,
Jim

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:07 AM #118

Hey CarStickersDecals, did you edit this file before you did the import or after you did the initial? I will have to try this on one of our other sites.

I originally did the complete import.. And after I did the same as you and did it all again and blew all my settings and configuration, I figured out that I could control what tables got over written.. Its a lot easier having that control.. Makes for a quick update into the new system.

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• gasngrills
  • Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:43 PM #119

Jim, No, I doubt anyone is laughing. There are bugs in V4.0.2 store iimport (probably why V4.0.3 is on such a short horizon) and the documentation is terrible and does not describe what really happens. A good technical writer is needed for all areas of the cart (primarily admin) that can write good "theory of operation" type descriptions for actions taken and what the expected results should be.

I believe (from the posts Imax made) that "Data Actualization" brings in orders and customers only and updates them to be the same as the imported store. But that's a guess.

Tony,

The data Actualization does bring in the new orders, customers and a lot more. The addons were reset to default, the store name reset to default , the language I had to go and set the country . Design was not touched, mine stayed intact . I agree with you many bugs to be fixed, just take a look at the bug tracker.

Joe

CS-Cart 4.11.5

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:43 PM #120

Hmm, seems to me I recall that when this was being discussed with Imac that the only thing needed on the 2nd import was customers and orders. I'm guessing that because the provide a large number of addons that they are not providing a general way for an addon to be "upgrade aware" but instead just bundle this with the import/actualization (not sure where that term came from). I.e. it's probably important to some that the reviews addon bring across any new reviews since the last import (or sync up however it needs to).

They are (and I don't think they should) bringing across 3rd party addon tables in V4. This causes all sorts of problems since there are things like company_id and lang_code that would then be invalid.