• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4.0.2 Released: Store Import, CDN Support, Widget Mode, More Rate Topic   - - - - -

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:39 PM #41

We are trying to increase memory code & disable time execution limit in the Store import code. see app/addons/store-import/Tygh/StoreImport/General.php:

set_time_limit(0);
ini_set('memory_limit', '1024M');

The importer should use steps/batches so that the execution time per step / page load is limited.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:20 AM #42

The importer should use steps/batches so that the execution time per step / page load is limited.

P-Pharma,

What do you mean under the steps/batches? We have a special function that interracts with a browser each several seconds.
If you look into the log in /var/store_import folder you will see a lot of dots in it.

Anyway, we will take a deeper look into WP and Joomla experience. Besides we have the similar process flow in Searchanise.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• mattcaswell
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:29 AM #43

Background: store was 3.x. Export to Quickbooks worked fine except for when I had AZ state tax on the invoice. Import into Quickbooks with IFF file added the info to an invoice.

Using Paypal web payments standard: payment codes were always correct. Never any issues.

----------------

Upgraded to 4.0.2 with the upgrade tool and Now I have these issues:

FYI: all settings for paypal and quickbooks export have been compared to the working 3.x settings so thats not the issue.

1- exporting sales to IFF now generate errors stating empty invoices etc. and nothing is imported into quickbooks

2-Anyone who pays with a credit card is getting a failed transaction notice from my store. They go to paypal, they pay, the payment shows in my paypal account, but my store sends them a failed transaction notice. I changed the email so it says the order will be verified by the store admin.

I have submitted tickets for these issues and I'm still waiting for answers.

Matt Caswell
store.dryheatembroidery.com

• jjtrottier
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:28 AM #44

Does CS-Cart v4 now use InnoDB tables?

This would be helpful for performing live/incremental backups of the store without locking the database and taking down the store.

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:40 PM #45

Hope some one can give me some insight on 4.0.2. I been holding back on designing my site since V. 4 was released. About all these bugs and now I see posts with PAYPAL issues should I even consider going forward to make my design changes and go live with V.4.0.2? Is everyone just waiting for a stable version?

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:57 PM #46

Does CS-Cart v4 now use InnoDB tables?

This would be helpful for performing live/incremental backups of the store without locking the database and taking down the store.

Dear jjtrottier,

No, it still MyISAM.
We decided to leave MyISAM for v4.0.x becuase InnoDB requires technical skills to tune it up, and there may be some problems if it has no been configured correctly.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:01 PM #47

Hope some one can give me some insight on 4.0.2. I been holding back on designing my site since V. 4 was released. About all these bugs and now I see posts with PAYPAL issues should I even consider going forward to make my design changes and go live with V.4.0.2? Is everyone just waiting for a stable version?

Dear goia007,
Paypal issue has not been confirmed yet.
I will post more info on it tomorrow, after we will investigate it at Matthew's site.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:09 PM #48

Background: store was 3.x. Export to Quickbooks worked fine except for when I had AZ state tax on the invoice. Import into Quickbooks with IFF file added the info to an invoice.

Using Paypal web payments standard: payment codes were always correct. Never any issues.

----------------

Upgraded to 4.0.2 with the upgrade tool and Now I have these issues:

FYI: all settings for paypal and quickbooks export have been compared to the working 3.x settings so thats not the issue.

1- exporting sales to IFF now generate errors stating empty invoices etc. and nothing is imported into quickbooks

2-Anyone who pays with a credit card is getting a failed transaction notice from my store. They go to paypal, they pay, the payment shows in my paypal account, but my store sends them a failed transaction notice. I changed the email so it says the order will be verified by the store admin.

I have submitted tickets for these issues and I'm still waiting for answers.

Matt Caswell
store.dryheatembroidery.com

Dear Matthew,

I've answered you in Help desk.
I will supervise your ticket
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• gasngrills
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:33 PM #49

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the store import on one of my stores. This store was running Community 2.2.5 and was upgraded to 2.2.5 Professional . When I start the import it seems everything is working fine until I get to the part converting orders it dies after about 35 lines and gives Oops an error occurred. Tried many times with same results. This store only have less than 50 products and about 1500 customers and 2000 orders. I have done an import on another store with 3500 products , 3000 customers and 7000 orders and worked after few tries.

have anyone experience such issue?

Thank you
Joe

CS-Cart 4.9.1

• mattcaswell
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:55 AM #50

Dear Matthew,

I have sent you an message on my ticket. Perms are fixed for access.
matt caswell

• mattcaswell
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:19 PM #51

My paypal credit card orders were failing because the "OPEN" order status was set to "increase" instead of decrease for inventory. I checked my old 3.x store and it was set the exact same way, but I guess 3.x didn't care and 4.0.2 does. I changed it to decrease and ran a test and all seems good on credit card processing now.

UPDATE: most recent credit card order FAILED so maybe they haven't found the reason why CC orders fail when using Paypal.

I was informed that the Quickbooks export error is a code problem in 4.0.2 and as for the social media icons NOT showing up on all the pages, they are looking into that also.

I'm sharing this info in case anyone else has the failed credit card issue when using paypal, or has the other issues.
matt

• ilib
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:22 PM #52

what's up with Multivendor Russian Build 4.0.2? It's still not available& When approximately I can expect it?

CS-Cart and Magento support and development

https://shop.kozeta.lt

• mattcaswell
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:48 PM #53

Dear Matthew,

Imac.. why did your tech department charge me 10 support credits for something that is an issue because of the software? things that worked in 3.x don't work on 4.0.2 and new features in 4.0.2 don't work (social media).

And only 1 of 3 issues has been resolved.

• timst
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:02 PM #54

When trying to install a fresh copy, I get to the point where I put all the database credentials in, and the rest of the info on the page, but when I click on install.. the progress window comes up for a few seconds like it is going to start installation, but then goes away again, without completing or any error messages. I've tried on both IE and Firefox. Anyone else dealt with this, and if so, is there something I'm doing wrong, or a misconfiguration? An error message would really be helpful.
V 4.2.2

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:49 PM #55

Any one running into this issue? The import stops at Validate and Import. I'm getting no errors, so it's hard to figure out why it's stopping there. Any ideas will help. _store_import.converting_orders is where it is stopping

• scooterlord
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:58 AM #56

...so... where is the update? why doesn't it show up in the control panel?

• MichielTG
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:35 AM #57

When trying to install a fresh copy, I get to the point where I put all the database credentials in, and the rest of the info on the page, but when I click on install.. the progress window comes up for a few seconds like it is going to start installation, but then goes away again, without completing or any error messages. I've tried on both IE and Firefox. Anyone else dealt with this, and if so, is there something I'm doing wrong, or a misconfiguration? An error message would really be helpful.

A few other people, including me are also having this problem. It is caused by the max_excecution_time. Which can't be modified on shared hosting plans.

• termalert
  • Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:22 AM #58

Looks like it's 3.0.6 for me for quite some time yet.
No offense intended to the CS-Cart team but I am no computer genius,
just a merchant like most CS-Cart users, and refuse to pay for support
to fix problems that I have not caused.
3.0.6 has some annoying quirks but it's heaps better that stepping into
( what for me would be ) a 4.0.2 nightmare.
I have an added problem of being on a PHP 5.2 legacy server ( because my
host's only other option was upgrading to PHP 5.4 ( which just didn't want
to play nicely with 3.0.6 ).

• mattcaswell
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:52 AM #59

Tech support gave me some code to change for the Quickbooks export and I did that it and still wouldn't import. So I spent about 3 hours comparing a quickbooks export from 3.x and the one from 4.0.2 and figured out what was missing in the 4.0.2 export that caused it not to work. I have uploaded the bad file and the file that I fixed to my support ticket so they can figure out what code they need to change to make the quickbooks export work.

Then they can do a patch to fix quickbooks export. Paypal is working fine for credit cards now that I set the OPEN order status to Decrease instead of increase for inventory. Funny how that setting worked in 3.x but not in 4.0.2.

Is anyone else having issues with the social media icons now showing up on your product pages after you enable the addon and get a facebook app code?

• roxana
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:05 AM #60

Hello,

I have the version 4.0.2. Before this I have 3.0.2 Ultimate version that gave me a lot of problems that cart cs team was not able to solve. I waited for version 4.02 hoping that it will be more ok than the one I had. But surprise. Working very very very poor. First- THE site goes horror. Loading pages in minutes.The server is veryyy very ok. One of the subcategories and products have disappeared. All over the site diacritics are shown like this "Jucăriile colorate pentru pătuţuri" . Maybe its more bugguri , but i didn find ...YET ...

Anyway I quit cs cart forever and I do not want to hear them. When they are unable to solve a problem at the end of the day you write something like this :

" Thank you for the message.

We will contact you at the first opportunity. However, I am afraid that our technical support department is loaded heavily at the moment. You should expect our answer not earlier than in 2-3 business days. We apologize for any possible inconveniences.

Thank you."

I send ticket, and of course i have wait, ...i will wait to lose many...again...

I forgot something important to say. The import from 3.0.2 Ultimate in 4.0.2 was cs cart team . Well, dear team of Cs Cart, congratulations !