CS-Cart 4.0.2 Released: Store Import, CDN Support, Widget Mode, More

Hello,

We are happy to announce another CS-Cart release today.

CS-Cart 4.0.2 includes numerous improvements and introduces some new features:[list]

[]Store Import tool

[
]Widget mode

[]CDN support

[
]Fluid storefront layout out of the box

[]On-site text translation

[
]UK cookie law support (read more about the law here)

[/list]

For the full list of changes, see the changelog on our site.

One of the most important new features is the Store Import add-on that allows you to import data from CS-Cart 2.2.4, 2.2.5, and 3.0.x to 4.0.2. Learn how you can use this tool in our Knowledge Base.

The upgrades from 4.0.1 will be available for all subscribed users during the following week.

Read more about the release in our blog.

P.S. Widget mode how-to: [media]CS-Cart eCommerce Platform. Features: The Widget Mode - YouTube

Thanks!

Great news. Will it show on CSCART 4.01 in upgrades soon?

[quote name='zeero6' timestamp='1380201516' post='168762']

Great news. Will it show on CSCART 4.01 in upgrades soon?

[/quote]

We've added the info about upgrades.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1380202708' post='168764']

We've added the info about upgrades.

[/quote]Thanks

Hope to receive in-store upgrade notice soon! Great job cs-cart!

How about a KB article for upgrading between version 4.X. The KB articles are mostly aimed at V1 and V2 with one for the Upgrade Center instructions for V3. Will the 4.0.2 upgrade become available in the Upgrade Center? So far I see no updates available.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1380206507' post='168770']

How about a KB article for upgrading between version 4.X. The KB articles are mostly aimed at V1 and V2 with one for the Upgrade Center instructions for V3. Will the 4.0.2 upgrade become available in the Upgrade Center? So far I see no updates available.

[/quote]

Me too.

Upgrading between version 4.X should be automatic. CS-Cart said it will take up to 2 weeks to push the updates to everyone.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1380206507' post='168770']

[/quote]The upgrades from 4.0.1 will be available for all subscribed users during the following week

I know I am bitching again, I know now we have CDN and widget and stuff but why on earth dear CS-Cart didnt you just put a sort system in banners block like just any other window with many entries like the menu items for example?

I keep getting that from clients all the time. “Where is the sorting numbers on banners gone? Why do I have to delete all of the banners and re-enter them to gtet the right order?”

Can someone please answer this? Oreven better is there a fix on the way?

Fotis

Alpha testing of the Store import tool from CS-Cart 2.2.x, 3.0.x to 4.0.x. We need your help. - Page 5 - Upcoming features - CS-Cart Community Forums - Page 5

lots of bugs in import tool ( or they didn't try it with live store having 10k orders and 10k products…) i fear the fact they FORCE to import orders AND crypt the whole thing is using too much resources…

OR

they importing images and no show on this, so we are impatient…however putting a 32.00 load on a quad xeon, is a bit stretching my patience… and no i wont give FTP

Great, this has been a long time coming… well done cs cart

Tried to do the import and this is what I get in Google CHrome: (in firefox its just a white page)[color=#444444][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]

The website encountered an error while retrieving[b]http://store.dryheatembroidery.com/storev4/admin.php?store_data[path]=%2Fvar%2Fwww%2Fvhosts%2Fdryheatembroidery.com%2Fsubdomains%2Fstore%2Fhttpdocs%2Fstorev4%2F&dispatch[store_import.index.step_2]=Validate[/b]. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.[/size][/font][/color][color=#A0A0A0][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]

Error code: 500[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A0A0A0][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]

PHP 5.3.3 running PHP as apache module on centos 5[/size][/font][/color]

Good news, I hope the reported bugs were fixed and the issues with the update tool are individual cases only.

[quote name='vanderex' timestamp='1380232063' post='168789']

http://forum.cs-cart…lp/page__st__80

lots of bugs in import tool ( or they didn't try it with live store having 10k orders and 10k products…) i fear the fact they FORCE to import orders AND crypt the whole thing is using too much resources…

OR

they importing images and no show on this, so we are impatient…however putting a 32.00 load on a quad xeon, is a bit stretching my patience… and no i wont give FTP

[/quote]

Dear vanderex,

We tested Store Import on 10+ live store of different versions and with some kind of customization.

All the errors from this thread http://forum.cs-cart…lp/page__st__80 were investigated and fixed except the last one, which you have posted yesterday. As I can see, there is no table “stat_browsers” in your old DB, most probably this bug is related to some custom changes in the DB.

Just post a ticket to Help desk and will fix it promtly.

3 days ago I did a very successful store import from 3.06 using the dev release so last night I tried with 4.02 release but store import failed. No error message. It looked like it was importing but finished at Validate and Import position again. After checking no database settings were imported at all?

[quote name='mattcaswell' timestamp='1380255094' post='168807']

Tried to do the import and this is what I get in Google CHrome: (in firefox its just a white page)

[color=#444444][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]The website encountered an error while retrievinghttp://store.dryheat…p_2%5D=Validate. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A0A0A0][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Error code: 500[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A0A0A0][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]PHP 5.3.3 running PHP as apache module on centos 5[/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]

Dear mattcaswell,

Please post a ticket to Help desk, we will investigate the issue on your side.

I have 4.0.1 installed locally on my PC and implemented the design of our 3.0.6 shop. Can I easily upgrade this local installation to 4.0.2 of do I have to reinstall and redo customizations?

[quote name='ehenderichs' timestamp='1380284277' post='168832']

I have 4.0.1 installed locally on my PC and implemented the design of our 3.0.6 shop. Can I easily upgrade this local installation to 4.0.2 of do I have to reinstall and redo customizations?

[/quote]

I got a response from Help Desk that the UPGRADE CENTER in admin panel will not be available for 2 weeks from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2. If you have 4.0.1 on your hosting serve now gives you a warning message in the UPGRADE CENTER is not available.

Other option is downloading 4.0.2 from file area and reinstall and redo customizations, if you want to go that route. If there is a lot stuff you customized I suggest wait a little longer. I had started my re-design on V. 3 then 4.0.1 came out (to many bugs) waited till now for 4.0.2. Got to have a little more patience.

[quote name='ehenderichs' timestamp='1380284277' post='168832']

[/quote]

You will have to redo any design changes and/or custom addons. None of that will be compatible with the new version.

Thanks,

Brandon