Checkout Page- Formatting Options (code question)

When on the checkout page, the customer fills all of their information in and they finally get to the option where they decide whether they want to use a credit card or Paypal. When they get to 4. Billing Option, there's an option that says “[color=#333333][font=Arial][size=3]Authorize.net Credit Card AIM” and then immediately after that, there are fields the customer needs to fill in. Right after the fields is the option to pay with Paypal. I want to make it to where the customer sees the Paypal option directly after the Credit Card option instead of the fields being right after the credit card option. Could someone point me in the right direction to solve this please?[/size][/font][/color]

Find checkout.tpl [size=4]and adjust accordingly. Location depends on your version, but what you are seeing is the expanded fields of the selected payment method. You are going to have to set it up so there is no default method “checked” to get the view you want.[/size]

I located checkout.tpl by going to skins/basic/customer/buttons. This is the code I see, but I am not sure how to “uncheck” the default method.

{include file=“buttons/button.tpl” but_text=$lang.checkout but_onclick=$but_onclick but_href=$but_href but_target=$but_target but_role=“action”}

If I recall, the standard button template will select either the value selected (if set) or the first found (if not set). You would need to copy button.tpl and then change the logic in that file and then change the include in checkout.tpl to reference your new version of button_new.tpl

unfortunately, i am not a php expert so i have no idea where to start when it comes to editing the button.tpl file. i guess is just something i will have to deal with. thanks for your help anyway tbirnseth.