check active menu item in custom menu

In CS-Cart it is possible to create your own menu and use it as your top menu.

In the default top menu active menu items are marked with the cm-active class. However in custom created menu this not the case and I an not able create a custom look for active menu items.

I noticed this behaviour in v3 and v4. Does anyone have a solution for this “problem”?

Any information is welcome. Thx in advance.

Create a new menu, then add this custom menu as a block in the same grid as the current default menu block, then de-activate the default menu block.

Use the “Activate menu item for dispatch” value when editing the menu items to activate the 'cm-active' class on active links.

Eg.

URL: gift_certificates.add

Activate menu item for dispatch: gift_certificates

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1379589217' post='168421']

Create a new menu, then add this custom menu as a block in the same grid as the current default menu block, then de-activate the default menu block.

Use the “Activate menu item for dispatch” value when editing the menu items to activate the 'cm-active' class on active links.

Eg.

URL: gift_certificates.add

Activate menu item for dispatch: gift_certificates

[/quote]

Thanks for the quick repley. Due to wrong/strange translation (to Dutch from collegue) in the admin panel I totally misunderstood this option.

If i add two categories to my custom menu, both of them look activated when one of them is clicked. Is there a way to avoid this?

I am also looking for a solution to this. Putting in “categories.view” in the “Activate menu item for dispatch” field results in all categories being active at one.

I have tried “categories.view&category_id=x” and categories.view?category_id=x" and same result.

Sorry to drag up another old thread but did you ever resolve this??

Thanks

Lee

Also trying to find the answer to this.

Strangely enough this workaround is working for me in case any of you still need it.