breadcrumbs

Is there a way to have breadcrumbs display when viewing the home page? As of right now they only display when on pretty much every other page but with my current layout the breadcrumbs do not display on the home page which causes my blocks to look awkward from the rest of the site. This is partially due to a custom layout that I am very happy with otherwise.

Version: 3.0.6 multivendor

Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thank you in advance…

Yes, go to Design>Blocks>Home page tab. Enable the Breadcrumbs block. Otherwise add the Breadcrumbs block.

In breadcrumbs.tpl (skins/basic/customer/common_templates), find this line:-

{if $breadcrumbs && $breadcrumbs|@sizeof > 1}

Remove the sizeof condition, ie.

{if $breadcrumbs}

You should realistically apply this code change as a template override (how to do this is documented in the docs and on the forum), but I very highly doubt there will be any further V3.0.X which would revert the code changes in an upgrade.

WOW! I can't believe I overlooked that!

Thank you that did the trick.

As for later upgrade I have had to customize far too much for an upgrade to be feasible at this point. There were far too many things that just didn't meet my needs so as opposed to an upgrade at this point a full custom rebuild would be my next solution should I find the need but again thank you for your help I really do appreciate it.