• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alpha testing of the Store import tool from CS-Cart 2.2.x, 3.0.x to 4.0.x. We need your help. Rate Topic   - - - - -

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:59 PM #81

if i put CSS debug mode and JavaScript debug mode then i get until

<link href="http://beta.FQDN.com/images/logos/13/favicon_jadv-y1_72k8-fl.ico" rel="shortcut icon" />
and then nothing...
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:16 AM #82

with new 4.02

_store_import.processing_addonsTable 'csbeta.store_import_stat_browsers' doesn't exist (1146)
TRUNCATE TABLE `store_import_stat_browsers`;

I have this same problem too from a Store Import of V2.2.5 to V4.0.2. I have just created a support ticket but need to get this project moving along swiftly, so just wondered if you found a solution to this problem?

Seems pretty wasteful that I provided this store database for the alpha testing of the store import tool. Surely this error would have happened when CS-Cart attempted to use my data, so it appears the cause has been ignored for the V4.0.2 release.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:07 PM #83

I have this same problem too from a Store Import of V2.2.5 to V4.0.2. I have just created a support ticket but need to get this project moving along swiftly, so just wondered if you found a solution to this problem?

Seems pretty wasteful that I provided this store database for the alpha testing of the store import tool. Surely this error would have happened when CS-Cart attempted to use my data, so it appears the cause has been ignored for the V4.0.2 release.

Dear StellarBytes,

It was not wasteful, thanks to this thread we have been able to test Store Import on more than 10 live store. We've found many different problems and fixed them.

Please give the number of your message in Help desk and I will give you the detailed explanation whether we have tested Store Import on your DB and what was the result.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:51 PM #84

Dear StellarBytes,

It was not wasteful, thanks to this thread we have been able to test Store Import on more than 10 live store. We've found many different problems and fixed them.

Please give the number of your message in Help desk and I will give you the detailed explanation whether we have tested Store Import on your DB and what was the result.

Ticket ID #100301365. My statement of the 'alpha testing' being 'wasteful' is true if I supplied the database and you used it for the Store Import testing and did not provide a fix for the error that has been generated. For the record, the error is the same as here, so I am not alone in this problem. Thanks!

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:44 AM #85

Ticket ID #100301365. My statement of the 'alpha testing' being 'wasteful' is true if I supplied the database and you used it for the Store Import testing and did not provide a fix for the error that has been generated.

Dear Stellar,

We have checked your version and it appears that you use the DEV version and not the stable one. Here is what I've got:

CS-Cart 4.0.2 (dev)

So first of all I would recommend you to get the production version of CS-Cart 4.0.2.

For the record, the error is the same as here, so I am not alone in this problem. Thanks!

That's right, vanderex used the DEV version either.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:27 AM #86

Dear Stellar,

We have checked your version and it appears that you use the DEV version and not the stable one. Here is what I've got:

So first of all I would recommend you to get the production version of CS-Cart 4.0.2.

That's right, vanderex used the DEV version either.

what ? ??????????????????????

/?version
CS-Cart [b]4.0.2 [/b]

not dev...

Where did you get that i would be running dev ?

may i add....

grep PRODUCT_VER /www/sites/beta.FQDN.com/config.php

define('PRODUCT_VERSION', '4.0.2');

MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:54 PM #87

not dev...

Where did you get that i would be running dev ?

Dear vanderex,

I was talking about this problem with store_import_stat_browsers table problem:
http://forum.cs-cart...post__p__168778

The point is that there is no a code that working with this table in official release v4.0.2 (in Store Import add-on I mean)
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3812 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:44 PM #88

Well I finally decided to check out the latest and (not so?) greatest 4.x. The installation was no problem but when I went to import my 2.2.5 store, it stopped with an error: Table 'user_database.cscart_blocks' doesn't exist. Upon clicking the import button again I get an error: Table 'user_database.cscart_settings' doesn't exist.

Apparently I should have waited longer before checking out 4.x.?

Edit: The funny thing is that neither of these tables exist in 4.x either so why is it looking for them?

Edit 2: Well after viewing the database more, it looks like the import creates tables within the old data base and the tables it should be looking for is store_import_blocks and store_import_settings.

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:34 PM #89

ok meanwhile how can we fix the problem of the import HANGING on ORDERS, can we skip ?

what is AFTER ORDERS, is it pictures ?

where can i edit the import rules, to disable where it hangs ?
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• fcastrof
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:39 PM #90

Well I finally decided to check out the latest and (not so?) greatest 4.x. The installation was no problem but when I went to import my 2.2.5 store, it stopped with an error: Table 'user_database.cscart_blocks' doesn't exist. Upon clicking the import button again I get an error: Table 'user_database.cscart_settings' doesn't exist.

Apparently I should have waited longer before checking out 4.x.?

Edit: The funny thing is that neither of these tables exist in 4.x either so why is it looking for them?

Edit 2: Well after viewing the database more, it looks like the import creates tables within the old data base and the tables it should be looking for is store_import_blocks and store_import_settings.

I have exactly the same error but now i can sell anythig because in my old store whe i or a costumer acces i see a message "Error ocurred" i cant work and in the new store i do not have all the products, costumer, orders, etc to work.

If somebody can helpme i will reward. Thanks.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3812 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:54 AM #91

Yes, I had the same issue. I ended up installing a backup but I had to also create a different database name because I couldn't get rid of the store_import tables.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3273 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:57 AM #92

Prior reading above I thought import from 2x or 3x does not affect old store?

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:13 AM #93

I have exactly the same error but now i can sell anythig because in my old store whe i or a costumer acces i see a message "Error ocurred" i cant work and in the new store i do not have all the products, costumer, orders, etc to work.

Dear fcastrof,

Have contacted tech support deprament?
Can send me the ticket id?
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• novista
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:43 PM #94

I had a similar issue. I tried deleting the import table but that did not help. The quickest thing is to revert to your back which hopefully you took. Support said it was due to a database connection loss during the upgrade.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:55 PM #95

I am sure I read on the forum somewhere - not necessarily in this particular thread - how to use the Store Import tool for V2/V3 to V4.1.X and remove old addons simultaneously.

I have quite a few custom V2 addons which are either no longer required, or the functionality is built into V4, therefore I would like to get rid of some of these addons.

The live V2 store will be getting imported into a development V4 store, so simply disabling/deleting the addons from the V2 store is not an option.

I also did a store import from 2.2.5 to 4.0.2 for this store, but found a heap of database tables and files/folders related to these old addons, which are both not compatible with V4 nor show up in the V4 Addons page to safely remove them. My only hope at the moment has been to physically delete the old addon files through FTP and carefully go through every database table and delete rows which relate to these old addons.

If the addons are completely incompatible, why the heck are they imported in the first place?!

Anyone able to see the wood here? I'm only seeing trees.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:22 PM #96

Duplicate the V2 store, then delete the addons you're not bringing to V4, then import that site to V4.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:45 PM #97

Duplicate the V2 store, then delete the addons you're not bringing to V4, then import that site to V4.

Thanks for suggestion, I guess that would work but it would mean that taking the V4 site live wouldn't be the usual <30 minutes I have come to live with for moving a new store into the live store area and archiving the old live store. I'd also have to import the V2 live store into the V2 duplicate store to actualize the data when ready to go live, but in doing so, would mean the live store would be offline for even longer due to having the close the storefront on the live store, importing into the duplicate store then running the Actualize stage.

This, obviously, is depending on whether the Store Import addon actually works the way it is intended yet.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11329 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:49 PM #98

Assuming they can detect a cs-cart addon that they can "convert" after it's imported versus a 3rd party addon, they should NOT move 3rd party addons files or data. They made too many changes to data formats (like changing the lang_code values) to assume that an addon might even be data compatible. And we all know that the whole structure and most of the interfaces to the system are incompatible so not sure what they were thinking. It adds support burden to the addon developers.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:03 AM #99

Assuming they can detect a cs-cart addon that they can "convert" after it's imported versus a 3rd party addon, they should NOT move 3rd party addons files or data. They made too many changes to data formats (like changing the lang_code values) to assume that an addon might even be data compatible. And we all know that the whole structure and most of the interfaces to the system are incompatible so not sure what they were thinking. It adds support burden to the addon developers.

This entire statement requires a bump every day until CS-Cart acknowledge it and offer a solution. I don't currently have the time to be pulling databases apart and going through countless folders to remove the offending old (3rd party) addons and I sure as hell ain't going to pay CS-Cart's support to do it for me. No addon data or files should be transferred by the Store Import addon between V2, V3 and V4 - period.