• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alpha testing of the Store import tool from CS-Cart 2.2.x, 3.0.x to 4.0.x. We need your help. Rate Topic   - - - - -

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:16 PM #41

actually i jam at

Cloning database

_store_import.converting_orders

Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• danetic
  • Trial users
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:24 AM #42

I try to make Store Import and have this error: Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'expected color value: failed at `.buttonBackground(lighten(97cf4d, 15%), darken(97cf4d, 5%));` line: 3930' in /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php:3722 Stack trace: #0 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(2170): lessc_parser->throwError('expected color ...', 80972) #1 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1290): lessc->throwError('expected color ...') #2 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1108): lessc->assertColor(Array) #3 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1126): lessc->colorArgs(Array) #4 [internal function]: lessc->lib_lighten(Array, Object(Tygh\Less)) #5 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1530): call_user_func(Array, Array, Object(Tygh\Less)) #6 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(704): lessc->reduce(Array) #7 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib in /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 3722 Any Help??

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:11 PM #43

IMAC,
I read the instructions for the import, but did not see any guidance related to php versions. I have 2.2.4 pro target cs-cart which works only on the 5.2 and the destination cs-cart 4.01 which I believe requires a later version, 5.3 and above. The instructions indicate that 4.01 is installed in a sub-directory of 2.2.4. How is the php compatibility issue resolved?
I never understood how this works, since I found out when 4.01 was introduced, that the 4.01 version won't work with 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 php versions. (not sure about 3.x versions) They require a different php version and neither one will work with the other version.
Thanks,
Bob

Version CS-Cart 4.3.5

• eroleves
  • Trial users
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:55 PM #44

I try to make Store Import and have this error: Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'expected color value: failed at `.buttonBackground(lighten(97cf4d, 15%), darken(97cf4d, 5%));` line: 3930' in /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php:3722 Stack trace: #0 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(2170): lessc_parser->throwError('expected color ...', 80972) #1 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1290): lessc->throwError('expected color ...') #2 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1108): lessc->assertColor(Array) #3 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1126): lessc->colorArgs(Array) #4 [internal function]: lessc->lib_lighten(Array, Object(Tygh\Less)) #5 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(1530): call_user_func(Array, Array, Object(Tygh\Less)) #6 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(704): lessc->reduce(Array) #7 /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib in /home/svijetmo/public_html/cs4/app/lib/other/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 3722 Any Help??

Same problem here too..

• eroleves
  • Trial users
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:16 PM #45

Same problem here too..

I forgot this:
3.0.6 -> 4.0.2.

Error message after first step (route added, click validate and the result: blank page with error message).

• tletourneau
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:00 PM #46

I get:
Ooops!

An error occurred

When trying to validate the path.
Thanks,
Tom
Version - 3.0.4
Hosting - RangeHosting.us

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:22 PM #47

Same problem here too..

I get:
Ooops!

An error occurred

When trying to validate the path.

Guy please create a ticket in Help desk and set the Access information to your server (ftp access).
We will investigate the problem on your side.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1178 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:35 PM #48

I am trying to import from 3.04 Ultimate to 4.02. I am stuck on

Processing...........

It's been processing for hours.
Is it every gone to finish the import?

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:39 PM #49

I am trying to import from 3.04 Ultimate to 4.02. I am stuck on

Processing...........

It's been processing for hours.
Is it every gone to finish the import?

Triplets can you please create a ticket in Help desk either.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1178 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:42 PM #50

Triplets can you please create a ticket in Help desk either.

Since my Live server only has PHP 5.2 I copied my store and database to my local WAMP server on my home computer. I am trying to do the import on my local machine. Not a place your support can log into.

UPDATE: I let it run all afternoon and it finished. Chrome complained a few times saying the web page was not responding, but I had patience and let it run and run and run.

But the BAD news is after I finally got to the Data Actualization step I looked at my database using PHPMyADmin and no categories exist and none of the cscart_products tables have any data in them. Were did everything go? It said it imported them? No Order data or Users imported either. What was it doing for 3 hours?

Not a good start :(

I tried again tonight and got exact same result.

I think I will give up and try again in a month. Import tool not ready for prime time yet.

• novista
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:05 AM #51

I am in the process of running the store import from a 3x database in use for 2 years. The import is backing up the cart_sessions table and it is taking a very long time (20 mins so far). Looking at the table, I see that it is over 400,000 rows. I mention this because I don't recall seeing any notes or KB docs on managing the database or truncating tables. If this or any tables can be safely truncated, it would be good if the import tool did this or, gave instructions that it should be done.

Not sure if I will tempt fate and stop the import process.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11329 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:45 AM #52

I would think that similar to other import/upgrade situations that it would be best to clear your logs and statistics before attempting any database import/upgrade operations. I would also "empty" the cscart_new_orders table to speed things up.

Bob - I wouldn't think PHP version difference would matter. The import only copies files (very few) from your old site and most operations are from old-db -> new_store-php -> new_db so the only place php is actually running is on the new store. 99% of the import is db->php->db.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:09 AM #53

Bob - I wouldn't think PHP version difference would matter. The import only copies files (very few) from your old site and most operations are from old-db -> new_store-php -> new_db so the only place php is actually running is on the new store. 99% of the import is db->php->db.

Not entirely true.. The import creates new tables with in the old database.. 225 Tables to be exact.. I was under the impression that the import tool only read the old database and not altered it.. Our import failed half way thru.. Had to do a restore on the database as it took down our live site.. Going to have to download everything and do the upgrade local on our dev machine..

Store import duplicates the database within itself.. Creating all new tables starting with store_import_xxxxxx ( old table name )

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.7.1  SP3

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11329 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:14 AM #54

Those would be considered temporary tables and would be deleted upon a successful import. I believe the old DB is still only accessed in the context of the new store and so the only PHP that is actually being run is the instance of the new store regardless of which DB it is accessing (mySQL handles DB version differences internally). There may be other files created too like *.sql files or temporary data files but those too would be deleted upon a successful completion.

Probably a good thing that it copies most of the original DB tables and works off of those tables since on an active site, the data could be changing underneath you. 225 would be the approximate number of tables in your original DB.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:18 AM #55

Well now we have all these extra tables due to it failing half way through the import.. Just showed " Fatal Error ".. No reason why it failed.. We'll just wait for a couple more months until more bugs are worked out..

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.7.1  SP3

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1729 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:36 AM #56

A couple more months will be too long. Hope cs-cart will take enough tests on real stores data to make the import tool as stable as possbile.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for quality custom work/project

• sellon
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:48 AM #57

Agree, couple of months is way too long.

Question to CS Cart - Can the final 4.0.2 be released in the meantime while the import tool issue/bugs are being sorted out, and take your 2-6 months if needed for the import tool.?

Not everyone needs the import tool and perhaps those waiting on final 4.0.2(without import tool) can get on with their development efforts currently on hold!!

A couple more months will be too long. Hope cs-cart will take enough tests on real stores data to make the import tool as stable as possbile.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:22 AM #58

IMAC,
I read the instructions for the import, but did not see any guidance related to php versions. I have 2.2.4 pro target cs-cart which works only on the 5.2 and the destination cs-cart 4.01 which I believe requires a later version, 5.3 and above. The instructions indicate that 4.01 is installed in a sub-directory of 2.2.4. How is the php compatibility issue resolved?
I never understood how this works, since I found out when 4.01 was introduced, that the 4.01 version won't work with 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 php versions. (not sure about 3.x versions) They require a different php version and neither one will work with the other version.
Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob,

You need PHP 5.3.x in order to process the store import.
CS-Cart v2.2.x & 3.0.x work fine on PHP 5.3. and earlier versions, whereas CS-Cart v4.0.2 works only with 5.3 & 5.4.

We will add the Server Requirements section to the article.

Thank you.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:23 AM #59

Since my Live server only has PHP 5.2 I copied my store and database to my local WAMP server on my home computer. I am trying to do the import on my local machine. Not a place your support can log into.

UPDATE: I let it run all afternoon and it finished. Chrome complained a few times saying the web page was not responding, but I had patience and let it run and run and run.

But the BAD news is after I finally got to the Data Actualization step I looked at my database using PHPMyADmin and no categories exist and none of the cscart_products tables have any data in them. Were did everything go? It said it imported them? No Order data or Users imported either. What was it doing for 3 hours?

Not a good start :(

I tried again tonight and got exact same result.

I think I will give up and try again in a month. Import tool not ready for prime time yet.

Dear Triplets,

Can you please provide us with backup of your store and we will check the store import?
If yes, than please post a ticket to Help desk.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:03 AM #60

I am in the process of running the store import from a 3x database in use for 2 years. The import is backing up the cart_sessions table and it is taking a very long time (20 mins so far). Looking at the table, I see that it is over 400,000 rows. I mention this because I don't recall seeing any notes or KB docs on managing the database or truncating tables. If this or any tables can be safely truncated, it would be good if the import tool did this or, gave instructions that it should be done.

Not sure if I will tempt fate and stop the import process.

Hi novista,

You are right, there are no instructions on how to prepare the DB before the import; no actions are required.
But you are right there is no need to backup these tables.

So we've excluded the following tables from the backup:
cscart_logs
cscart_sessions
cscart_stored_sessions
cscart_user_session_products
cscart_stat_browsers
cscart_stat_ips
cscart_stat_languages
cscart_stat_product_search
cscart_stat_requests
cscart_stat_search_engines
cscart_stat_search_phrases
cscart_stat_sessions
cscart_stat_banners_log

Thus, this will speed up the import process.
Thanks for the hint.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team