ErrorOops, something went wrong (SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character). Please try again

Version 4,

Ok when logged in and editing layouts and templates, anytime i try to go to the page it brings up this error

ErrorOops, something went wrong (SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character). Please try again.

If i’m not logged in it doesn’t do it.

Ideas?

Yes, same here.

Please advise what the issue is here

Thank you

hivecenter and websmart, did you figure out why this error was happening?

start up firebug and look at the ajax result. it will tell you the problem.

Thanks Tony, great idea. I remember trying this before a year or so again. I just installed it again. It will take me some time trying to figure out how to read it, but it does seem pretty cool.

The only thing I have figured out so far is there seems to be a conflict or something when I go to check out as a “guest” and a Canonical add on. So I had to turn off the Canonical add on until I hear back from cscartrocks.

When you get firebug open, click on the NET tab.

Then refresh the page you're on.

Then click the XHDR tab and do the action that generates the Opps.

You can look at the Request and the Response. The Response will probably contain a PHP error.

Chrome is similar…

CScartrocks got it fixed! Very fast.

What was the issue please?

The only thing I know is the canonical add on was conflicting with something. They fixed it but did not let me now. Hopefully they will reply here.

Okay, didn't realize it was an addon conflict. Since that's internal to 3rd party code, no need to expose here. Glad it was fixed/resolved. I had thought it was someithing relevant to all cs-cart users…

Here is what CS-CART support did to fix it for us…

[font=Verdana][size=2]It was caused by template cache. I cleared it via the [/size][/font]Administration > Storage > Clear cache[font=Verdana][size=2] link and the issue seems to be resolved now.[/size][/font]

I am constantly getting this error myself, clearing the cache doesn't resolve the issue. Any ideas?

Look at the ajax “Response” in your browser's debugger. It will probably show you what it can't parse. Usually it is a PHP error message that is being prepended to the actual response. I.e. “Notice: undefined variable xyz at line 123 of funcx.php”

thanks for the reply. thing is that debugger wasn't showing anything. changed cache from mysql to file, cleared cache, back to sql, cleared cache, so far so good :confused:

tbirnseth, sorry to bother you with this, but would you mind checking what is wrong here? There are no erroneous requests or anything. Maybe I am missing something?

http://www.homeobook…ks-eng/page-27/

the error happens after you click on page-28

edit: I found what's wrong, it comes from the file:

/app/Tygh/Backend/Database/Mysqli.php

I am getting this:

Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=494498 in /homeobooks/app/Tygh/Backend/Database/Mysqli.php on line 81

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tygh\Backend\Database\Mysqli::_connect() in /homeobooks/app/Tygh/Backend/Database/Mysqli.php on line 87

but this is a core file. What I am supposed to do in such a case?

Contact cs-cart. My guess is you are running out of mysql resources and the result is a connection failure.

thanks!

Hi scooterlord,

It seems that the issue is caused by the max_allowed_packet MySQL setting. Please contact hosting administrator and ask him to increase the value.

[quote name='scooterlord' timestamp='1395079502' post='179440']

tbirnseth, sorry to bother you with this, but would you mind checking what is wrong here? There are no erroneous requests or anything. Maybe I am missing something?

http://www.homeobook…ks-eng/page-27/

the error happens after you click on page-28

edit: I found what's wrong, it comes from the file:

/app/Tygh/Backend/Database/Mysqli.php

I am getting this:

Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=494498 in /homeobooks/app/Tygh/Backend/Database/Mysqli.php on line 81

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tygh\Backend\Database\Mysqli::_connect() in /homeobooks/app/Tygh/Backend/Database/Mysqli.php on line 87

but this is a core file. What I am supposed to do in such a case?

[/quote]

Thanks ecomlabs, contacted them to see what will happen.

In what scale of number is this measured? In 10s, 100s, 1000s? How much should be considered enough for this option to avoid any kinds of issues?

Thanks again

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hi scooterlord,[/font][/color]

It is measured in Mb. At first you should know the maximum available amount on your server. IMHO 16Mb will be anough.

[quote name='scooterlord' timestamp='1395140540' post='179502']

Thanks ecomlabs, contacted them to see what will happen.

In what scale of number is this measured? In 10s, 100s, 1000s? How much should be considered enough for this option to avoid any kinds of issues?

Thanks again

[/quote]