Product filter (in stock)

I want to be able to display at all times all the products that I sell whether they're in stock or not. Is there a way / feature / filter I can use or create that would allow people to hide items that are not in stock by their own choice as an option?

Thomas

In the admin you can either show all or only instock.

The was a filter for instock but it stopped working at V3, don't know if it's been fixed in V4 if not join the queue.

Our site didn't make it to v3, we stuck with v2.x for the longest of time. Now we're wanting to upgrade and see what the latest n greatest has in store for us. I love what we so thus far however I know from our customer experience the ability for them to filter in stock and not has been here for the longest of time now. I thought the Availability filter was going to be it :confused:

Thomas

[quote name='tweaker' timestamp='1373976412' post='165406']

Our site didn't make it to v3, we stuck with v2.x for the longest of time. Now we're wanting to upgrade and see what the latest n greatest has in store for us. I love what we so thus far however I know from our customer experience the ability for them to filter in stock and not has been here for the longest of time now. I thought the Availability filter was going to be it :confused:

Thomas

[/quote]

Yes it's annoying isn't it.

I wanted to give this option too because my products are rare so having them showing on the site is a big bonus when people search on google. Even if they can't buy because out of stock we could collect their details and content them when in stock.

However because I might have 50% of products out of stock at any one time I don't want to show that all the time. I would like to give the customer the option as you do.

It's one of a number of things that just have not been fixed in V3 and so I for one won't be falling for V4. As much as a love cscart I did not buy it to play games, so I'll be looking for another cart when the time comes that V3 is not supported.