Vendor Commission - before or after tax? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Inkling007
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:50 AM #1

Hello,

New to the forum, so thanks in advance!

A question or two about the Vendor Commission;

1. Is the Vendor Commission the commission that I make?
2. Is the Vendor Commission applied before or after a tax? (GST)
Eg. An item is $110. $10 of that is GST Tax. Is the vendor commission automatically applied to the after-tax amount?

:)

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:50 AM #2

1) The vendor commission is the commission that you make. ie: 10% commission on a $25 dollar item is $2.50 that you will be paid.
2) You don't want to apply commission after tax, because you would be taxing the tax. Always apply before, otherwise you will be subject to retail sales tax. :)

Troy

• McNeilis
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:58 AM #3

Hey Troy

Just out of curiosity, does each vendor have to set up a sales tax for their state? Or is it just me that has to set up sales tax for my state and only charge it if sales were made in my state?

Best,

Aaron

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:09 AM #4

Yes Aaron,

Most vendors sales tax applies to products sold in their own state and the vendor must set it up. Imagine having 500 vendors, you think you will be able to keep up with quarterly tax changes for all vendors? Nope. Tax will apply to City, County and State. Check with your state tax offices for current rates. Tax may apply if you have a physical presence (nexus) in another state such as a store physically located there.

Troy

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:05 PM #5

I know this is an old topic, but Troy - I have seen you engage in a lot of discussions on sales tax. Not sure if you're still here though.

From my perspective, it makes no sense for a Multi Vendor platform to not allow vendors to administer and manage their own tax rates. And unreasonable to think that the Marketplace Admin will specify rates for potentially thousands of tax jurisdictions.

Couple of questions:

1. Am I able to select whether commissions are charged inclusive or exclusive of tax? If so, where can I find this control?

2. I am looking at Avalara's AvaTax solution. Does anyone know if it has been successfully integrated with Multi Vendor?

3. Has anyone integrated Rainner Lins' ZipTax/TaxCloud Add-On? Feedback?

Thanks,

StockfloJeff

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19681 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:47 AM #6

1. Am I able to select whether commissions are charged inclusive or exclusive of tax? If so, where can I find this control?

Unfortunately, you can control only shipping cost in this way:

http://prntscr.com/9hk36a

2. I am looking at Avalara's AvaTax solution. Does anyone know if it has been successfully integrated with Multi Vendor?

Please find several modules here:

http://marketplace.c...products.search

3. Has anyone integrated Rainner Lins' ZipTax/TaxCloud Add-On? Feedback?

Unfortunately we failed to find such a module on the marketplace

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.