• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advanced SEO by 4Sprung most comprehensive SEO addon on the market Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• steve22
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:34 AM #61

Hi john,
sorry to hear this but of the +30 installations we are not aware of anyone having this problems including our own carts. we use the default cs cart functionality for the site map just split it according to google guidelines. Unfortunately we can not guarantee compatibility with other addons nor can we test it with 3rd party addons. At our hourly rate we can certainly analyse your cart all your add-ons and see where the incompatibility is and fix it however that means setting a copy of your exact card on our dev server and then several hours of trouble shooting .

regards

Steve
[size=5]4Sprung web development[/size]
67 Botany Rd Waterloo NSW Sydney Australia
for over 19 years we provide everything e-commerce. Over 20.000h CS Cart Development Expirience

• steve22
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:53 AM #62

I also like to say as with every update, addon installation or code modification we strongly suggest to first install on your dev cart and test there and NOT on a live site!

that is common development and deployment practice
for over 19 years we provide everything e-commerce. Over 20.000h CS Cart Development Expirience

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4261 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:55 PM #63

Hi john,
sorry to hear this but of the +30 installations we are not aware of anyone having this problems including our own carts. we use the default cs cart functionality for the site map just split it according to google guidelines. Unfortunately we can not guarantee compatibility with other addons nor can we test it with 3rd party addons. At our hourly rate we can certainly analyse your cart all your add-ons and see where the incompatibility is and fix it however that means setting a copy of your exact card on our dev server and then several hours of trouble shooting .

regards

Steve

I understand your points and at the moment am looking to upgrade to 4.1 but maybe it seems if my updated cart has mods of the same nature then your addon doesnt like it. No I think Ill just write it off this time, I think as... "lesson learned"

I also like to say as with every update, addon installation or code modification we strongly suggest to first install on your dev cart and test there and NOT on a live site!

that is common development and deployment practice

Agreed but when it required "custom installation" as in my last post I (perhaps stupidly) thought this may have included at least cursory checks whether it is compatible with things of standard CS Cart nature like stats addon etc, or are you saying you will install on peoples dev server to let them check for a few days ....then install on the live one when everything works OK.

John

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• steve22
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:38 PM #64

I understand your points and at the moment am looking to upgrade to 4.1 but maybe it seems if my updated cart has mods of the same nature then your addon doesnt like it. No I think Ill just write it off this time, I think as... "lesson learned"

again I guess this depends whether you earn money with your web site. If you do, you are probably much better off spending a couple of hours and letting us fix the incompatibilities and reap the long term SEO rewards and the increase in revenue our add-on offers.

Agreed but when it required "custom installation" as in my last post I (perhaps stupidly) thought this may have included at least cursory checks whether it is compatible with things of standard CS Cart nature like stats addon etc, or are you saying you will install on peoples dev server to let them check for a few days ....then install on the live one when everything works OK.

John

yes we do a quick check but again the issues you have no one else faces so I hope you understand that we can not check every functionality in your cs cart or every standard add-on. A general QA of CS cart usually is around 8 hours per browser, version and operating system

that’s why we (and you would hope every other good developer) always make all code changes or installations for our development clients first on a development server and after it's QA'd by either the client, by us or better by both we roll out to a live server. We advise every addon client to do the same when they submit the access details.

If you don't follow this standard deployment procedures no matter what you install or change you are always playing with fire.

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4261 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:17 PM #65

that’s why we (and you would hope every other good developer) always make all code changes or installations for our development clients first on a development server and after it's QA'd by either the client, by us or better by both we roll out to a live server. We advise every addon client to do the same when they submit the access details.

If you don't follow this standard deployment procedures no matter what you install or change you are always playing with fire.

Like I say, Lesson learned... Anyone reading this post, dont think I am bashing this product, I am not,iit just didnt suit my site at the time. I could see the benefits of it for the short time it was installed and can see if tested extensively first on DEV then probably would be fine when tweaked.

John

v4.5.2

• steve22
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:56 AM #66

Hi John,

Just to let you know, whenever you are ready and wish to do so, we are more then happy to work with you on a dev cart, see where the incompatibilities are and sort out the issues with your installation.

Best regards

Steve

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4261 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:14 PM #67

Hi John,

Just to let you know, whenever you are ready and wish to do so, we are more then happy to work with you on a dev cart, see where the incompatibilities are and sort out the issues with your installation.

Best regards

Steve

Will do !

v4.5.2

• steve22
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:34 AM #68

UPDATE

The advanced SEO addon is now compatible with version 4.1.1 of CS Cart

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:47 PM #69

UPDATE

The advanced SEO addon is now compatible with version 4.1.1 of CS Cart

Any idea when CS-Cart 4.1.1 will be compatible with CS-Cart 4.1.1? (/sarcasm).
I'm assuming the code base will be identical to 4.1.2 as 4.1.1 isn't stable?
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:45 AM #70

Hi there.. Is this compatible with v4.1.4 and 4.1.5?

http://www.RacingSolution.com
Performance & Styling Auto Parts
CS-Cart v4.5.2

• steve22
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:02 AM #71

hello,

best to email us directly as we dont follow the forum to closely, yes it is compatible with 4x up to 4.2.3.

We usually update all major addons within 3-4 weeks after cs cart releases a new version and we are reasonably sure they dont push
another "bug fix" update in short sucession.

Regards

Steve

• steve22
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:37 AM #72

Just a quick update we will soon release version 5 of the Advanced SEO addon with quite a few new features. Stay tuned

• steve22
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:36 AM #73

Why are our add-ons more expensive?

Simple we write add-on to solve specific problems our clients have not to sell add-ons.
With over 17 years of e-commerce experience as developers and store owners in the western world and many clients with turnovers well in excess of 1 million dollars a year utilising our CS cart installations we have ample experience of what successful business need. You will find that many of our add-ons are developed over many years, constantly improved to solve real live problems.

We understand that our add ons are not for everyone especially for business with a very small budget but business who actually sell online and have a good revenue appreciate the cost savings and features our add ons provide.

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:14 PM #74

Steve22

You know me as a customer but the addon did not workout for us without doing a complete reinstall of our store which I am not about to do since that would surely cost me more than already invested in it and we do not have that funds available.

A big disclaimer should be added and that is your addon needs a dedicated hook or something in order to not screw up a live store that already has been running for a while with third party addons without much issue. 

two V4.6.2 and one  V4.2.4 - hedonist working on Sundays