• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Final Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:25 AM #121

Need assistance on override. I have to change something in my_account.tpl, I have already created the my_account.override.tpl file, can some advise tree structure (path) where my_changes folder should go?

Hope someone can assist.

tks

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:57 AM #122

Nice Job imac taken care of business and answering all these questions. Is there a way to manually upgrade from 3.06 to 4?
Scotty

Thank you, CutRiteFX.

I would not recommend manual upgrade unless you are a professional web developer.

Import/Export has some differences in file format, so exporting data from CS-Cart 3 and importing that data to CS-Cart 4 may cause problems.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:35 PM #123

yes like they added language in FILES instead on GUI, so you need to either add a language field from your export to the new import or wait for import tool OR use API to pull from 3 and create in 4
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• Akash2645
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:17 PM #124

Related Products

If I set A related to B, auto-set B related to A. This will save a lot of time.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:20 PM #125

Related Products

If I set A related to B, auto-set B related to A. This will save a lot of time.

This should have been implemented a long time ago.

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:30 PM #126

Need assistance on override. I have to change something in my_account.tpl, I have already created the my_account.override.tpl file, can some advise tree structure (path) where my_changes folder should go?

Hope someone can assist.

tks

Hello,

Can someone please assist on this request?

Thank you

• Akash2645
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:52 PM #127

Check Pincode Services future have in CS-CAST 4.0.1

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:17 AM #128

Hello,

I have a csv file of products I tried to import with the Import data tool but it will not work. Is the Import data tool working in CS-Cart 4 ?

• Brennie369
  • Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:17 AM #129

I am happy to see this new version and can't wait to "play" with it. Thanks Cs-cart!

I am running into a problem however. I'm trying to import my users from my 3.0.4 version, but in order to import, STORE is a mandatory field but it doesn't exist in the earlier version so it's keeping me from importing. I tried disabling the Store add-on but am having the same result. What do I do with this?

Thanks,
Brennie

CS-Cart 4.9.3 SP1

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:55 AM #130

Hello,

I have a csv file of products I tried to import with the Import data tool but it will not work. Is the Import data tool working in CS-Cart 4 ?

They say they are working on the import tool. As far as importing products. You will have to add 2 groups to your csv file, Store and Language. If you add a couple products to 4.01 then export them you will see how to setup your csv file.

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:06 AM #131

I am happy to see this new version and can't wait to "play" with it. Thanks Cs-cart!

I am running into a problem however. I'm trying to import my users from my 3.0.4 version, but in order to import, STORE is a mandatory field but it doesn't exist in the earlier version so it's keeping me from importing. I tried disabling the Store add-on but am having the same result. What do I do with this?

Thanks,
Brennie

You would need to open up your csv file in excel or what ever you use. Then add a column Store
Example
Shipping City| Shipping State| Store

If you export a user in ver 4.01 you will see the layout. Then you will know what to put under Store for each user. You don't have to add them one by one. You can just drag it down and it will duplicate it for all the users.

• Brennie369
  • Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:14 PM #132

Do I need to enter data into the Store fields or can they be empty?

Is there a way to just make the store field NOT required in the import?

CS-Cart 4.9.3 SP1

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:31 AM #133

Do I need to enter data into the Store fields or can they be empty?

Is there a way to just make the store field NOT required in the import?

You would enter the data in the store field.
If you export a user from 4.01 you will see what you need to put in the field.
Just put it into one of them and you can drag that corner down of that cell through all the users and it will duplicate it for all of them.

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:12 PM #134

I need help on override 4.0.1,

I have this bit of code I would like to comment out

{* <li><a href="{"orders.downloads"|fn_url}" rel="nofollow" class="underlined">{__("downloads")}</a></li> *}

This resides in my_account.tlp.

The hooks name is {hook name="profiles:my_account_menu"},

I created file name my_account_menu.override.tpl and put it in tree structure;

design/themes/basic/templates/blocks/my_changes/profiles/hooks/

I have cleared cache and does not work.

Can someone please assist?

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:43 PM #135

I'm no expert but I would have thought the override file should be in design/themes/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index

Some of the documentation in the developer docs has been updated for version 4 and might be worth a look as well.

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:39 PM #136

I'm no expert but I would have thought the override file should be in design/themes/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index

Some of the documentation in the developer docs has been updated for version 4 and might be worth a look as well.

I have tried both combinations below, cleared var and browser cache, and still didn't work. Below I stated "Profiles" this is how the hooks appears: {hook name="profiles:my_account_menu"}

design/themes/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index
design/themes/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/profiles

Can't seem to figure this out

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:31 PM #137

How about your file names?

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• ibizo
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:50 PM #138

Hello from us,

We tested the new 4.0.1 version and our first impressions are good.. but there is some good feutures in v3 that are removed in ver4:

There are some good extras, that we can find..
- Missing The down bar.. in admin panel for language selections, users online, store close and etc.. this was cool
- The feautures are in view more menu when editing product.. that hearts...
- The add new feauture variant (enter other) in PRODUCT EDIT - missing for select text.. that was verry COOL! and makes work more slower

And some idea.. when click the brand link in product it will be better to go to manufacturer page in product_features.view&variant_id

That was our firs views of the 4.0.1

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:48 AM #139

Regarding the hook question above, you should have a my_account_menus.override.TPL file in your my_changes/hooks/profiles directory.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:51 AM #140

please
For 4.0.1

How do I expand the framework of Style at Home page?
please see the photo
Posted Image

If you read your question was already answered. You posted this several times in this thread.
Here is your answer that you did not attempt to read. This was posted on July 3rd in direct response to your post.

Dear friends,

Unfortunately this article "Full- and Custom-Width Layouting with 960.gs" is not applicable in v4, since we moved from 960.gs to the Twitter Bootstrap framework in order to implement adpative design in future versions.

We will create an article with instructions on how to configure you storefront to be displayed in full- or custom-width layout asap.
I will post the link in this thread.