• You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Final Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• Galactica
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:54 AM #101

Galactica,

Thank you for reply. I have tried your instructions on my local computer and on the server where my web site resides, clear cached, must have tried numerous times, doesn't seem to work. If i change actual base.css that works, I even have the my changes add on active. I'm running into so many problems with this release, I still feel it's not stable and no backup documents to follow. I'm very dissapointed with CS Cart on this one.
Just have to be patient and wait maybe they have a fix soon on the future update.

If it's a new install and you haven't changed to much yet, maybe re-install and give it a go on a fresh install?

I too wish they had v4 docs, although after reading the v3 ones I'm not so sure it would help anyway...

• Galactica
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:57 AM #102

How do I expand the framework of Style at Home page?
please see the photo
Posted Image

I am not sure what version you are running but you might want to take a look at this knowledge base article:

http://kb.cs-cart.co...yout-with-960gs

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:51 AM #103

GIf i change actual base.css that works, I even have the my changes add on active. I'm running into so many problems with this release, I still feel it's not stable and no backup documents to follow. I'm very dissapointed with CS Cart on this one.
Just have to be patient and wait maybe they have a fix soon on the future update.

Have you set the "Rebuild Cache Automatically" toggle to ON in Design/Template Editor?

As far as I know that forces the combined CSS to be rebuilt everytime you make a change to your CSS files. I'm using the my_changes hooks with V4.0.1 following the instructions in this thread and it's working perfectly.

Got to say I'm loving V4 so far. V3 was a clunky mess with all the overlapping images for buttons etc. This is so much cleaner and easier to modify.

• CartBooster
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:57 AM #104

Is there a method to turn off the CSS combining in V4?

I use Espresso on the mac as a visual aid

It over rides the individual css sheets with current open ones,

Or can I get the myhooks css file not to combine?

This is a nightmare for me as a designer

I've used Joomla / Wordpress with bootstrap / 960 / less technology and all had the option to turn off joining / compression for editing purposes

www.cartbooster.ie

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:04 PM #105

There is no real supplier addon in Cs Cart Ultimate 4.

How can they sell a product with multiple storefronts (Ultimate) and add no possibility so set multiple Vendords?

"Vendors can use own shipping methods" is only available in Multi Vendor edition, but I do not have multiple vendors selling on my site, just me selling and need to set different shipping method.

Really Why they even care about creating different version where we only need one version fully working?

Am I loosening my time here? Really like cs cart, but for me ultimate should be the version you can do everything with, pay extra 200 usd for features that people are requesting in your software since upgrade from 2 to 3.

• CartBooster
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:14 PM #106

Is there a method to turn off the CSS combining in V4?

I use Espresso on the mac as a visual aid

It over rides the individual css sheets with current open ones,

Or can I get the myhooks css file not to combine?

This is a nightmare for me as a designer

I've used Joomla / Wordpress with bootstrap / 960 / less technology and all had the option to turn off joining / compression for editing purposes

Figured it out.... Edit styles.tpl
so that code is outside the {styles} bracket, once your happy move the code back to combine

{styles use_scheme=true}
{hook name="index:styles"}
{style src="reset.css"}
{style src="lib/bootstrap/bootstrap_grid_16.min.css"}
{style src="lib/ui/jqueryui.css"}
{style src="glyphs.css"}
{style src="print.css" media="print"}

{if $runtime.customization_mode.translation || $runtime.customization_mode.design}
{style src="design_mode.css"}
{/if}
{if $include_dropdown}
{style src="dropdown.css"}
{/if}

{style src="scheme.less"}
{style src="retina.less"}
{/hook}
{/styles}
{style src="base.css"}
{style src="styles.css"}

www.cartbooster.ie

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:35 PM #107

Have you set the "Rebuild Cache Automatically" toggle to ON in Design/Template Editor?

As far as I know that forces the combined CSS to be rebuilt everytime you make a change to your CSS files. I'm using the my_changes hooks with V4.0.1 following the instructions in this thread and it's working perfectly.

Got to say I'm loving V4 so far. V3 was a clunky mess with all the overlapping images for buttons etc. This is so much cleaner and easier to modify.

Great community here, it worked, now I can love V4. Thank you again :grin:

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:22 PM #108

How do I expand the framework of Style at Home page?
please see the photo
Posted Image

Dear all, there is a good article at CS-Cart knowledge base regarding "Full- and Custom-Width Layouting with 960.gs", can any one let me know how to achieve this in CS-Cart Version 4.0.1, any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Note: I tried to apply the guide to the file that reside at www.example.com/store/design/backend/css/lib/960/960.css but in vain

I've tried this also, but with no luck. I'm just not a big fan of that narrow screen. Successful websites like amazon use every inch of the screen with as much info as possible spread out to capture your attention from top to bottom, left to right. If anyone knows how to get 4.0x to full screen, can you post instructions? Thanks!

Dear friends,

Unfortunately this article "Full- and Custom-Width Layouting with 960.gs" is not applicable in v4, since we moved from 960.gs to the Twitter Bootstrap framework in order to implement adpative design in future versions.

We will create an article with instructions on how to configure you storefront to be displayed in full- or custom-width layout asap.
I will post the link in this thread.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:48 PM #109

Is there anywhere any documentation where i could find the complete procedure to use the My_changes addon in CSC4?

All add-ons including My_changes extend default functionality using Hooks.
You can find the Hooks documentation here: http://docs.cs-cart.com/hooks, hooks work the same way as in v3.
The list of all hooks can be found at https://www.cs-cart.com/api
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:52 PM #110

Hello, sorry to ask in here as well, some of my questions in other threads have been answered, however, I want to know if there's a list with features missing or about to be added in future versions. I can't seem to find newsletter anywhere in the online ultimate version.

Newsletter is built-in feature in the CS-Cart since the beging. Since v4 there is an ability to link newsletters to a store.
Make sure the "news and emails" add-on is installed.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:57 PM #111

Hey cscart team, you haven't replied my question

am using 3.0.5 Pro so can i able to upgrade to 4.x version at free of cost ?

Yes, you will be able to upgrade to CS-Cart 4 if you have an active upgrade subscription on the day of the upgrade.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:02 PM #112

Hello,
I have a trial 4.01. I edited the profile fields by adding a select box field to the billing address section. I had two values in the select box. I wanted to add a third, but after clicking edit, the only tab available is "Share". Don't see the tab "variants". Unable to modify/add variants.
Is there a way to edit profile fields after creating them?
Thanks,
Bob

The newly created field is applied to both billing and shipping address.

Editing of such fields is allowed only in the Shipping address section, whereas the updated field will be displayed in the billing address too.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:03 PM #113

thefreer,
I have a trial 4.01 Ultimate and see supplier listed in the addons under "Store Locater" and was able to install it.
Bob

Version CS-Cart 4.3.5

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:42 PM #114

fresh install, activate SEO , use short form /product.name.html and directory.html
checked Show language in the URL

?cc to clear cache..
click home .. 404...
site_url/fr or site_url/en

both 404

Any idea ?

This is a confirmed bug in v4.0.1. http://forum.cs-cart...url-is-enabled/
You can contact our support team and they will fix it free of charge.
Fix will be posted in the bugtracker shortly.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:44 PM #115

we bought a lifetime license in August last year, it is eligible for upgrades to August of 2013. Does it mean Version 4 is free for us?

Thanks

Yes, your license is valid for CS-Cart v4.0.1.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:53 PM #116

As a loyal upgrader since 2.5+ I was really looking forward to this release and followed it's progress. Shocked to find out at the last minute there is no import tool for my 3.06 shop! I noticed the yearly upgrade fee just went up slightly from last year which I just renewed, yes we are still a revenue stream guys....Hopefully this becomes an immediate priority, I cannot imagine how it was not?

What kind of time frame are we looking at until we get the import tool in the next release.. ?? Weeks .. Months... Anyone know?

The Import tool is a top priority for us.

We plan to release it in August 2013.

It is under heavy development now. We are working hard to make it smoother and more stable then the Import tool we released earlier for CS-Cart 3.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:00 PM #117

There is no real supplier addon in Cs Cart Ultimate 4.

How can they sell a product with multiple storefronts (Ultimate) and add no possibility so set multiple Vendords?

"Vendors can use own shipping methods" is only available in Multi Vendor edition, but I do not have multiple vendors selling on my site, just me selling and need to set different shipping method.

Really Why they even care about creating different version where we only need one version fully working?

Am I loosening my time here? Really like cs cart, but for me ultimate should be the version you can do everything with, pay extra 200 usd for features that people are requesting in your software since upgrade from 2 to 3.

Dear thefreer,

There is a "Supplier" add-on in Ultimate edition, and suppliers can use their own shipping methods.
Please make sure it is installed.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:53 PM #118

Nice Job imac taken care of business and answering all these questions. Is there a way to manually upgrade from 3.06 to 4?
Scotty

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:56 PM #119

If you want info on 100% width and CS 4 is using Twitter Bootstrap (smart move)

You can find info here:
http://twitter.githu...fluidGridSystem

I love bootstrap and this opens up a whole new world for templates.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• Scott_C
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:35 PM #120

^Agreed. The sooner Cs Cart can integrate a responsive layout, the better. Roughly 40% of our visitors are on mobile devices!