• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Final Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• Roto
  • Advanced Member
  • Banned
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:18 PM #341

when a customer post a message in "orders" I don't receive any notification of this message.
someone have experimented the same? I'm using php mail function.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:23 PM #342

Im looking to improve the crappy Order Communications functionallity in my v2.1.4 cscart.
But since Ill be setting up a new store soon I wanted know if any improvements had been made in v4.

As suggested in this thread by cyberlex7
Also I guess it needs to be more like a Ticketing system where the email subject links customers email replies to the order communication content.
Its all about "joining the dots". Customers dont want to have to log into their account to reply to order communication emails. They will just reply to the email (if they read it at all) ..

Q1. Is v4 any better than previous versions at managing Order Communications?
Q2. Is there an addon that improves this?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11317 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:10 AM #343

Short answer to your question is "no". It would require installing an auto-responder on your site for your domain's email that would interface back into cs-cart. Given that many hosting environments are different, I can see why cs-cart does not want to go there, it would be a support-can-of-worms.

Personally I think communication with customers should be well outside the cart and should utilize a ticketing system that is designed for that purpose. The only thing needed would be the ability to pass the order_id into the ticket system so you could create the thread on that versus the customer's email address. I.e. start a ticket with the original order invoice and then have the reply-to and subject appropriate to what the ticket system needs to keep any "potential" order related tickets associated with the order.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Brennie369
  • Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:19 PM #344

The package weight is no longer available when entering shipment information in an order. This was very helpful before and now I have to manually add the weights of all items in each orders at the time of shipment.

Also the email sent to the customer when an order is marked as complete does not include the tracking number, even though it's been added to the order.

CS-Cart 4.9.3 SP1