• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Final Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:22 PM #301

says CS-Cart 4.0.2 will be released in October, 2013.
from cs-cart.com

Just noticed that on the Helpdesk page, now pushed for October. Another month of waiting. :(

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:28 AM #302

Just noticed that on the Helpdesk page, now pushed for October. Another month of waiting. :(

Become a beta tester in that case, cause god knows we need more bugs fixed...
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1573 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:23 AM #303

Not so good news...

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• mattcaswell
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:16 PM #304

Does anyone know of a cart that is really good at importing database files from other stores. At this rate the pushback will be sometime in 2016 or so. Seems like they should take some programmers off the web based store and get 4.0.2 out. Poor planning will lose customers.

• WebWatch
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:56 AM #305

Oh no, this is exactly what happened back with Interspire, now same thing here.... :-(

CS-Cart 4.4.3

• admin
  • CEO
  • Administrators
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:00 PM #306

Guys, you can see the update on Store import status here - http://forum.cs-cart...post__p__168294
Sincerely yours,
Vladimir Kalynyak
CEO

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2324 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:07 PM #307

Djeez give the cs guys some slack will you. The store importer has been finished and they are working on fixing all bugs in for the 4.02 release. Please give them some time so they don't run into a release that is ridden with bugs?

If you have put your shop offline because you're planning to re-launch with a new version, well that's just plain stupid. Always keep your old store running, do the upgrade, and then go live.

If you're going to open a new shop and are waiting i can understand the frustration, but that's the risk you take when you decide to start with a new product (or major version change).

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• ravt
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:55 AM #308

My client is looking for starting a new shop. I asked him to wait again wait.. and now again wait.

He just said.. give back my money.. I love cs cart and I don't want to provide any new package for my clients.

guys I really Love the package.. try to make things on time as ETA.

Fingers crossed .. Waiting for solid package. Hope the wait pays back with quality of the package.

good luck guys.
After all its simple

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1573 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:06 AM #309

Also we have similar problems with our customers, they are impatient.
Releasing the v4 without an update tool and user manual...not the best.

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:17 AM #310

Here's a great idea....inform your customers there is a new version available only after a new version is released and supported by a store import tool, documentation, etc. That way, you won't disillusion your own customers for failures in CS-Cart's project management skills (or lack of).
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• Onkel_Sid
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:19 PM #311

Does anyone know of a cart that is really good at importing database files from other stores. At this rate the pushback will be sometime in 2016 or so. Seems like they should take some programmers off the web based store and get 4.0.2 out. Poor planning will lose customers.

Sure. CS-Cart does that very well. No need to wait for the import tool. If you have the files as Excel or csv you can import them into 4.0.1. just fine.
I just completed a site with 16.000 products. No problem what so ever to import everything - including filters and images.

Stop smoking start vaping: Dampskyen.no

• vidan
  • Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:39 PM #312

hi onkel_sid, how to add the store in csv, i try to add product from cs-cart 2.2.5
and sure that was no store field in the csv from 2.2.5
how you solve this

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:47 PM #313

Export from 4.01 first and see what fields are being used then you can export from V2 and copy the matching fields from V2 to V4. Once done than import back to V4. Maybe it will work.

Version 4.9.3 SP1

• Onkel_Sid
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:53 PM #314

Like zeero6 says.

This is just for you guys that are coming from another cart, or already have the database as CSS. If you are on CS-Cart 3, be patient and wait for the import tool. Also read this:

http://kb.cs-cart.com/product-import
http://kb.cs-cart.co...d-fields-format

Stop smoking start vaping: Dampskyen.no

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:46 PM #315

Guys, tomorrow we will publish the article in KB with the detailed instructions on Store Import, and publish the link to CS-Cart 4.0.2 Beta release for testing. Please follow this topic: http://forum.cs-cart...lp/page__st__20

You will be able to check the import process. That's a great opportunity to make sure Store Import works correctly for you or get an instant help from the Architects team in case some problems should appear.

P.S. Tomorrow we'll have an extra working day in order to release CS-Cart sooner and make it better. Because we care.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• vidan
  • Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:21 PM #316

thanks imac for the effort, i thought about moving on to lemonstand, but i will give it another try for cs-cart 4.0.2

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2324 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:48 PM #317

Here's a great idea....inform your customers there is a new version available only after a new version is released and supported by a store import tool, documentation, etc. That way, you won't disillusion your own customers for failures in CS-Cart's project management skills (or lack of).

Very good idea! And don't release unnecessary in-between versions like 3 anymore.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:12 PM #318

I note labs has changed from 4.0.2 dev build to 4.0.3 product build...why? The 4.0.2 beta was only released today.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:15 PM #319

StellarBytes,
You should be glad it did not say 5.0!

Version CS-Cart 4.3.5

• ravt
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:01 AM #320

lol @pbannette nice one.

Good luck Cs cart team.. We are with you.
After all its simple