• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Final Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:45 AM #281

Thanks cscartrocks, but what about other bugs and missing features?

No localization in custom menus?

The order notification being sent in the selected admin language than the customer's language?

New shipment notifications not being sent to customers?

Ability to change top menus according to language selection?

Parent categories not filling new products block from their children?

I assume you are talking about cs-cart 4 only here?

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• scooterlord
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:01 AM #282

I assume you are talking about cs-cart 4 only here?

yes.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3557 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:35 AM #283

I do not think downloadable version will vanish, more likely it will become anual subscrition based product.

Will be most interesting to see pricing model and performance guarantees. If you do it by inventory count, then site with huge order volume but few products will dominate their S3 resources. If they do it by orders, then sites with huge inventories, but low order volume (the drop-ship merchants) will also dominate the DB/S3 resources. I personally think that a SaaS version is only applicable to small merchants who "dabble" rather than run real businesses. Just MHO.

My Deja-vu is from company called Webasyst, LLC, as if Simbirsk would copy their road map. it took them over 3 years to complete hosted product, during this time most members including me abondoned project.

I'm not sure I'm being negative or just seeing the writing on the wall. Deja-vu all over again.

PS personally I do not care for the hosted version or their strategy. But I feel on my skin that this interfares, slows down groth and stability for then main product I am here.

I am still on 2.1.4 for not sure how long now, version 3 is dead, 4 is not ready, even if its ready no import tool.. No import tool because developers are freelancing for some future product.

To completly kill cs-cart they need some additional new product that is not focused on sales but would colaborate with cs-cart, CS-CART SUITE.

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2842 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:14 PM #284

Hello everyone!

I keep an eye on this topic and share some disappointments (bugs in v4, no docs, etc) but, to tell the truth, our company is sure that CS-Cart will do their best to fix and even improve everything.

I would like to share with you my opinion and knowledge about CS-Cart company.

Actually, we (Alt-team) and CS-cart are located in one city and some of our best developers initially worked in CS-Cart company. We know the atmosphere in their company and their attitude. What I want to say is that CS-Cart team does their best and they are responsible for their product. Currently they are very busy with bug fixing in CS-Cart v. 4 and I hope they will do everything what they promise because they are professionals and they care and I'm sure they are listening to all of us in this topic and make conclusions. Yes, sometimes they make mistakes but it's a normal thing because who doesn't, we all live people and make mistakes. But they do their best and are extremely serious about their business.

As for the hosted solution, this idea came to them long time ago and they have started working on it long ago as well. And they have specially hired experienced engineers to work on hosted solution. It is a new direction for them and they have a special team for it. We really think that they will be able to tackle both hosted and downloadable versions.

Again, I would like to say that Cs-cart is a serious company and they are professionals. They have very experienced developers and they test newcomers thoroughly before hiring to be sure that the person is a right one for a team with an international name.

So, we believe in the CS-Cart guys and hope that they will not disappoint neither the CS-Cart users nor us the developers who also put a lot of trust in them.

Best regards, Alt-team

ADD-ONS  Web development service  | CS-Cart dedicated developers

Buy MULTIVENDOR - USD 1150   Buy CS-CART LICENCE - USD 1080 

Email - manager@alt-team.com | Skype - Altteam    

• vidan
  • Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:20 PM #285

why did they release v3 in the first place, should have maintain v2 then go for v4
keep up the good work cs-cart

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2842 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:37 PM #286

I agree with you vidan. With all our respect to CS-Cart I also don't understand why they confused everyone with CS-cart 3. It doesn't look like a part of a thought-through tactics. Hope that such mistakes will not have place any more.

Best regards, Alt-team

ADD-ONS  Web development service  | CS-Cart dedicated developers

Buy MULTIVENDOR - USD 1150   Buy CS-CART LICENCE - USD 1080 

Email - manager@alt-team.com | Skype - Altteam    

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:46 PM #287

need import tool ;)
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• scooterlord
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:15 PM #288

Besides, version 3, why did they release 4 anyway? It wasn't ready, why release it to the public?

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:17 PM #289

I guess V4 was ready for new customers. Not for previous users of V3 to upgrade. All releases have bugs.

Version 4.9.3 SP1

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:27 PM #290

I agree with you vidan. With all our respect to CS-Cart I also don't understand why they confused everyone with CS-cart 3. It doesn't look like a part of a thought-through tactics. Hope that such mistakes will not have place any more.

Beta test of the block manager (now called layout). Was a big change and might as well have your customers test it for you in production environments.

Besides, version 3, why did they release 4 anyway? It wasn't ready, why release it to the public?

History has shown that cs-cart is unable to test products to commercial qualirty in-house. And beta testing a product that can't take an existing store and convert it (upgrade it) is a waste of a merchant's time. So the only way to find the bugs is to put it out there as a product and then do the "all hands on deck" routine which is why all requests to helpdesk get the infamous (and now pretty standard) "we're too busy, we'll get back to you".

Testing a new product with limited production data/transactions is a start. But wait until the store import is available and real stores start trying to use it. I'm hoping they've learned from the past and staff-up to support the product. Usually that means taking developers and putting then on the helpdesk for a few months till things become stable.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:44 PM #291

bugs that have been in cs-cart since 1.35 are STILL in version 4 and the bug tracker for these issues is simply being ignored.

Now I'm just waiting for the new version to fix the numerous bugs in 4.01 and to see if the shopping importer is useful this time. I really, really hope this will all work out for the best because I already spend hours and hours in cs-cart 3 that turned out to be useless, and am doing the same for 4 now, which I have to say looks promising but is still very buggy.

It would be nice to get a commitment from CS-Cart development to fix all V4 bugs within few 4.0.x releases, instead of wasting time on other projects. The vast amount of bugs is a major disadvantage with CS-Cart.
@Simbirsk: Consider to get decent bug tracking software. IPB has the crappiest bug tracking software out there and there is no way that you can actually get a full overview of all open bugs in it. It's no wonder that you keep missing bugs.

I would really like to see CS-Cart to get to a 0 bugs status in the near future. We need CS-Cart to be solid reliable software, instead of buggy unreliable software.

• pua___
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:50 AM #292

By the way, here is a little short note on how to test the Widget mode right away. Go to the following page at CS-Cart labs(user your CS-Cart forum credentials to authenticate): http://labs.cs-cart....ch_company_id=1 Copy the text inside the Widget code textarea in the left column and paste it to the any HTML page where you want the CS-Cart store to appear. Just a kind of sneak peek for those who are interested :)

I am trying to enter that private area but it does not accept my user/pwd. Any idea?

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:04 AM #293

I am trying to enter that private area but it does not accept my user/pwd. Any idea?

I have my username/password saved on my tablet and am also receiving the Not Authorized error, but I had access only yesterday morning with the same login credentials. I guess CS are updating or having problems.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:25 PM #294

I have my username/password saved on my tablet and am also receiving the Not Authorized error, but I had access only yesterday morning with the same login credentials. I guess CS are updating or having problems.

Guys,

We are updating our servers, and there is a problem with the authorization to labs.cs-cart.com. It will be fixed tomorrow, early in the morning.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:41 PM #295

By the way, if you are a CS-Cart reseller or a partner you can always contact us, and we will provide you with the latest dev version of CS-Cart. We know how important it is to have the latest release, since it enables you to make sure that all the modifications and add-ons work correctly before the stable version is released.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• zviadi
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:22 PM #296

Can anyone tell me why al icons and cool things from cs-cart 3.0x disappeared in design of CS-cart 4.0.1

Such as: heart icon from"add to wish list"? All icons in Admin panel, as well as More > links from product info in category listing..

Also bottom menu links are not responsive to mouse (lack of underline)

Description text has extra spacing and looks ugly..

I mean, I understand that new engine is faster, but it was expected that new design should be better.

Any idea? or any idea how to use 3.0.1 front and admin styles in 4.0?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:31 PM #297

imac - maybe you should automate this to notifiy reseller/developers of a new instance being available with a download link.
You notify us of other things (price changes, branding notices, etc.)....

We can then either adopt or ignore and don't have to try to chase down what you're up to.

But, what would be even more helpful is a roadmpa and early access to development plans. We can actually help you establish priorities and give you feedback on the impact of what you're planning would be to us (your customers).

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Ed Newman
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:59 PM #298

I have to agree with some of the posts. V4 has caused more problems than it fixes and no import tool... bad idea. I am very excited about the API, but without an import tool I am going to start shopping fro a different cart to use, one that already has POS integrated because that is the whole reason I want the API. Either that needs to get completed soon or you will start seeing a lot of people leaving.

Ed Newman
Dark Storm Industries LLC
www.dark-storm.com

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:25 PM #299

My online store has been on hold since the release of 4.0.1. Being very patient waiting and we are already mid Septemeber and nothing. Read some where on the thread 1 to 2 more weeks. Let's see if 4.0.2 will even be out by this month. I'm already looking at other shopping carts, even opencart.

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:13 PM #300

says CS-Cart 4.0.2 will be released in October, 2013.
from cs-cart.com
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration