• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Final Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• pua___
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:17 AM #201

Anybody know what had happened with localizations? Is it discontinued? Is it hidden? If so, where is it?

• MFD
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:26 PM #202

Does there exist somewhere, a chart outlining what V4 has that V3 didn't?

I mean... what exactly would I be upgrading to?
Best,

Michael D.

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:27 PM #203

Haven't seen anything like that but the original beta blog post covers a lot of it - http://blog.cs-cart....t-4-beta-is-on/

• Scott_C
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:10 AM #204

I think V4 is not so much about new features, but a new architecture that lets developers make use of the REST API. In other words, you can have a lot more custom features coded for you.

One thing worth mentioning would be the availability of the responsive layout in V4 - your theme will scale to fit desktops, tablets and phone resolutions.

Does there exist somewhere, a chart outlining what V4 has that V3 didn't?

I mean... what exactly would I be upgrading to?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:28 AM #205

I think your expectations exceed the capability of the API.
It may be easier for someone less familiar with cs-cart to implement some rudimentary get/put type operations of very generic data. Time will tell.

Though I've not dug into it, my expectation (though I would be happy to be surprised) is that it will be incomplete (like simple things such as differentiating product options between an existing global option [or create it if it doesn't exist] and a product specific option. They are missing key elements in the data to make that happen. I.e. there needs to be an object_name and the display_name where object_name must be unique. That's why you have to supply id's in the csv import to get to the specific info. But that won't work in a REST API model (or would be an abomination of it).

My expectation is that a robust enough API to be useful in the commercial world is many releases out....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• MFD
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:05 PM #206

I thought I read somewhere that with V4, when a customer selects a number of filters and then visits a product page, his filter selections will still be there waiting for him when he hits the "back" button (as opposed to now when everything gets annoyingly reset).

True?
Best,

Michael D.

• kickoff3pm
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:06 PM #207

Can anyone tell me if they have sorted out the shipping in V4.

I mean if you don't use online services and set your own shipping costs.

Need to know if it will now take an order and seperate items in parcels allowing for your maximum weight setting (tier).

So if my last setting is 15 kgs and someone orders 20 kgs of goods in one order I want it to place the order and just say parcels = 2 and adds the pp but not the handling fee.
http://matchdaymemories.com - Football Memorabilia Via Cs-Cart V3
http://www.outadwords.com - Free Marketing For You Site.
http://www.alternativestoebay.com - Join The Free Ecommerce Community.

• stephR
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:34 AM #208

Hello

I am facing an issue with the admin preview when the store is closed. It doesn't display the product page like in previous versions.. It displays the store is closed page.

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:09 AM #209

Hello

I am facing an issue with the admin preview when the store is closed. It doesn't display the product page like in previous versions.. It displays the store is closed page.

It sounds like a bug.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• globalburo
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:54 PM #210

Hello

I m not able to enter all the information at 1 time to the new promotion text field for all the products. This information is not valid as csv at the data transfer field. Also i couldnt see it at the collective data tables. Do we have to enter each product 1 by 1 or batch entry is possible ????

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:27 AM #211

Will it be possible with the next import tool to export Multi Vendor 3 to Ultimate 4?

• h_nabian
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:45 PM #212

hello everyone.
how we could make a cs-cart shop totally right to left direction? maybe for persian or arabic languages.
i appreciate that someone could give me a good advice that i con go forwarf untill do it completely.

unfortunately inspite of good and big community and documentation in cs-cart, ther is no any good document to make a full rtl direction for a cs-cart shop.
thank you. :-)

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:29 PM #213

Hi guys,

We are close to alpha testing of Store import tool (upgrade tool from 2.2.x, 3.0.x to 4.0.x) and need your help with it.

More details can be found here: Alpha testing of the Store import tool from CS-Cart 2.2.x, 3.0.x to 4.0.x. We need your help.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Scott_C
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:05 PM #214

Great news. I hope it completely maps all product options, customer reviews etc.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:00 PM #215

Great news. I hope it completely maps all product options, customer reviews etc.

Yes, the Store Import add-on will completely import your data (DB data, images, files, etc.) from CS-Cart v3.0.x to 4.
In case you import your data from v2.2.x to 4.0.x, settings and blocks will not be imported.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:28 PM #216

Yes, the Store Import add-on will completely import your data (DB data, images, files, etc.) from CS-Cart v3.0.x to 4.
In case you import your data from v2.2.x to 4.0.x, settings and blocks will not be imported.

The same was said for the V2>V3 Store Import tool, yet every single upgrade I did from V2 to V3, I had to manually transfer data between databases - including everything to do with 'discussion' tables.

What exactly do you mean by "Settings" will not be imported - exactly which settings? what data will be lost in the migration if going from V2 to V4? Will there be any advantage of upgrading V2 to V3 then V4?
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:19 AM #217

That's great news. Will the import tool be released wit h4.0.2?

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:48 AM #218

That's great news. Will the import tool be released wit h4.0.2?

Yes we plan to release Store import add-on in v4.0.2
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:15 AM #219

The same was said for the V2>V3 Store Import tool, yet every single upgrade I did from V2 to V3, I had to manually transfer data between databases - including everything to do with 'discussion' tables.

What exactly do you mean by "Settings" will not be imported - exactly which settings? what data will be lost in the migration if going from V2 to V4? Will there be any advantage of upgrading V2 to V3 then V4?

Hi StellarBytes,

Not all settings will be transfered from v2 to v3 (e.g. General, Appearence, Company, etc. + Add-ons settings).

At the moment, we are working on transfering add-on data from v2 to v4. That's a bit tricky, but I hope we'll go through it.

So I cannot give you any high level of certainty about "what data will be lost in the migration if going from V2 to V4" just for now. I will get back to it as soon as we get the results.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• warmer
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:43 PM #220

I can't get order communications to work anymore, the customer can start a conversation but it doesn't show up against their order, it only shows under the Comments and reviews section and there is no way to respond? What is going on?