• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Designing my site in Photoshop? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ckad79
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:32 PM #1

I am curious to know if I can design my CS-Cart site in PhotoShop? I just purchased the full version of the software and find it pretty annoying that all of the skins I have to choose from have logos and images that do me no good. I understand they are just there as examples but why couldn't CS-Cart simply give me a clean version of the template to adjust as I see fit?

Personally, I'm familiar with using PhotoShop templates on the web. I can break away layers and add new layers. It's terrific! And so, I'm curious if I can get a clean template for "new_vision_blue" or any one of the the skins?

If anybody knows of a simple way to edit the logos and images on the site, I'd appreciate it. I'd have to have to hire somebody to create a template when the template should be available.

Thank you!

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:33 PM #2

Hi ckad,

You can certainly design your site in PS, but it won't really get you too far when it comes to converting that design into an actual template. The base templates are fairly "clean" (at least in the sense that they don't have tons of branding). Anything that has CS Cart on the template is changeable and is just there for an example. It's up to you to create whatever images/logos you want in PS or any other graphics program and edit the template to reflect your new files...CS might not be the easiest cart to learn this on as there are some lovely nested templates, but it sounds like you might be better off having someone give you a hand getting your templates modified...

B

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:55 AM #3

Ah the joy of woking with tables... BLISS..... NOT
Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it

Now using CS-Cart 2.0.5