How can I change the store layout?

Hi,

I just installed cs-cart 3 that comes with the default skin of a main menu on the top. I'm wondering how can I change the layout so that the main menu is on the left side bar instead of the top.

Thanks

Hello ikramy!

You just need to make necessary changes in the Block manager.

1. Please, go to Design → Blocks, click the Default location tab and disable the Top menu block.
  2. In the Central container, click Add grid button (+) and create a new left-side grid (for example width 5), and another grid with the width 11.
  3. Add the Top menu block in a grid 5 and move such blocks as Breadcrumbs, Main content in the grid 11.

Click another location tab (for example, home page, categories, products, etc) where you would like to display Top menu as a left-side block and repeat the same steps (2-3).

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name=‘Alt-team’ timestamp=‘1371623898’ post=‘163950’]

Hello ikramy!

You just need to make necessary changes in the Block manager.

1. Please, go to Design → Blocks, click the Default location tab and disable the Top menu block.
  2. In the Central container, click Add grid button (+) and create a new left-side grid (for example width 5), and another grid with the width 11.
  3. Add the Top menu block in a grid 5 and move such blocks as Breadcrumbs, Main content in the grid 11.

Click another location tab (for example, home page, categories, products, etc) where you would like to display Top menu as a left-side block and repeat the same steps (2-3).

Best regards, Alt-team

[/quote]

Thank you so much, I was able to customize the look of my cs-cart installation by following your instructions and using the my_changes addon. CS-Cart rocks :)

Thanks a lot