• You cannot reply to this topic

Automated Titles Rate Topic   - - - - -

• marcemaker
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:37 PM #1

Hi there,

If I wanted to save time on entering titles for products is there a way of setting up a way so that it can do the following.

Title = /%Product-Name%/ | /%Category-Name%/ | /%Site-name%/

Note, I would like to include shift + \ column = | <---- (in between with a space)

Warm regards,

-Marcemaker
A big thank you to in advance to anyone in response to my posts. I too am a generous person with my time, but come to you with limited coding skills yet a determined attitude to learn! - Marcemaker

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:28 PM #2

Hi there,

If I wanted to save time on entering titles for products is there a way of setting up a way so that it can do the following.

Title = /%Product-Name%/ | /%Category-Name%/ | /%Site-name%/

Note, I would like to include shift + \ column = | <---- (in between with a space)

Warm regards,

-Marcemaker

Have a look at this free addon: http://1clue.com/dyn...age-titles.html

john
John Carroll
My Webshop: Alpha Spas

• marcemaker
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:23 PM #3

Have a look at this free addon: http://1clue.com/dyn...age-titles.html

john

John, that is the best advice I've been given this quarter...let alone month/week!

Amazing.
A big thank you to in advance to anyone in response to my posts. I too am a generous person with my time, but come to you with limited coding skills yet a determined attitude to learn! - Marcemaker

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:25 PM #4

Glad to help, welcome to the CS-Cart community.

John
John Carroll

• marcemaker
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:30 PM #5

Glad to help, welcome to the CS-Cart community.

John

Just a quickie..are you aware of any variable shortcode for the actual root category? (I've checked the link)

As in, I've configured SEO titles to - Title | Category | Site Name (This is great and a time saver!)

However, the category has the same title as categories elsewhere (Hoodies) <---- This would surely be better if after (Hoodies) came the brand name before the Site name.

Title | Category | Root Category | Sitename

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:48 PM #6

Have a look here: http://forum.cs-cart...post__p__139483

John

Just a quickie..are you aware of any variable shortcode for the actual root category? (I've checked the link)

As in, I've configured SEO titles to - Title | Category | Site Name (This is great and a time saver!)

However, the category has the same title as categories elsewhere (Hoodies) <---- This would surely be better if after (Hoodies) came the brand name before the Site name.

Title | Category | Root Category | Sitename

John Carroll