Remove 'shipping options' from checkout

Hi Guys, i'm not sure if this is going to be a configuration issue or require modifications…

I have a site running one shipping method dependant on the product.

so the issues are twofold:

1: Shipping options is not required at all, because the customer is either charged or they aren't depending on what they order

2:Shipping is not calculated untill you reach the shipping options stage of the checkout, which is confusing for the customer as up untill that point the site is showing a zero shipping cost,

so i need to calculate shipping at the FIRST stage of the checkout, and then ideally remove the third stage alltogether.

any suggestions?

Hi Marticus,

As far as I know, if the customer is logged in, or you setup a dummy account to test, the shipping should come up at checkout, and stage two if you are logged on and have an address filled into the shipping address section of 'My Account'

I am frustrated with Calculate Shipping - Would much prefer it displayed options without entering post code wildcards

Also frustrated in trying to work out how to seperate weight based shipping (for packages I send out) and flat per product fee for (supplier based shipping)

Adding a delivery fee in the edit product, adds to my weight based shipping, rather than overiding it.

Thanks, It's just over complicated, My shipping is set per product and is not based on postcode or weight or anything else of the sort, If the customer orders a certain product they get charged shipping.

so i really don't need any of the extra functionality or checks, the framework should be able to see from what's in the cart what it needs to charge and apply it straight away regardless of if the customer is logged in or not.

it looks like i'm going to end up hacking it about…

[quote name='Marticus' timestamp='1371451305' post='163755']

Thanks, It's just over complicated, My shipping is set per product and is not based on postcode or weight or anything else of the sort, If the customer orders a certain product they get charged shipping.

so i really don't need any of the extra functionality or checks, the framework should be able to see from what's in the cart what it needs to charge and apply it straight away regardless of if the customer is logged in or not.

it looks like i'm going to end up hacking it about…

[/quote]

Absolutely, that's the road you might have to take.

My road is possibly a touch more complex.

I need a solution for shipping I control to be consolidated by what I can fit into a letter/package/box.

However I also need to get the system to account for fixed outsourced postage costs elsewhere on top of packages sent from me.

And on top of that, I need to find a solution to shipping internationally and a solution to outsourced supplier shipping to international.

I wonder whether assigning a supplier to a product is the only smart way of over riding my weight based localized shipping.

People are telling me they don't use localization and locations and I don't understand how you can formulate shipping without it.

I can't see another way of not charging your customer per product for shipping.