• You cannot reply to this topic

magento vs Cs-cart Rate Topic   - - - - -

• orangegirl
  • Support engineer
  • CS-Cart Support
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:37 AM #121

Taydotech,

You are partially right. Recently we mainly focused on developing the product itself, but have already started promotion of CS-Cart either.

We would greatly appreciate if you (and all the CS-Cart community members) kindly share your ideas which concrete marketing actions may be useful and effective.

Thank you.
Kate Lazarevskaya,
CS-Cart Support Engineer
CS-Cart Knowledge Base | CS-Cart Reference Guide

• Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:38 PM #122

I would like to weigh in that its quite nonsensical to compare a paid product (cscart) to a free product that obviously has a lot more users due to the obvious free factor. its just a useless peice of data, free will always have more downloads, it doesnt make it better, i guarantee the download to actual eventual use ratio will tell a lot as well. Magento is just plain clumsy and hard to work with..and for what..to save $300..

oscommerce is free and im guessing has way more downloads but it doesn't make it better..its clumsy and has a steep learning curve..if your in business your time is valuable and $300 odd for a platform that has everything you need to grow your business is dirt cheap with none of the developer hassles..its just plain common sense. my site has over 20k products, its in cs cart and has earned its setup costs back thousands of times over..easily the best thing i have paid for since going online..i tried magento and it was just plain messy and a waste of my time..paid for cscart and smooth sailing ever since..even my developers who were mad keen on magento started recommending cscart to their new clients after working with it..that should tell you a lot.