• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Little annoying quirks that have been in cs-cart forever and should be fixed Rate Topic   * * * * * 4 votes

• Onkel_Sid
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:50 AM #81

Hi Onkel_Sid,

You are absolutely right, we've made some testing, before the release in order to make sure different phone numbers can be used.
Can you please post several numbers that you can not use in Call Request add-on and we will check.
As for the phone field in the profile here is the article in KB: http://kb.cs-cart.co...e-number-format
Or you can just remove the phone class from the field: http://note.io/1piFXwk

Its not that it dosent work, it just that it looks stupid. My customers is presented with this +_(___)___-____ when they are to fill in their telephone number. And when they start typing it looks even worse. In my country telephone numbers are written like this: 55555555 this 555 555 55 or this 55 55 55 55. We dont need no plus signs, brackets and other stuff.

Stop smoking start vaping: Dampskyen.no

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:50 PM #82

In most European countries there is a plus sign before the country code, but never any brackets or minus signs.

• Onkel_Sid
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:06 PM #83

And here is another annoying thing: When using the Visual Editor and adding some custom css, your hole site crash if you have like one bracket wrong.

Stop smoking start vaping: Dampskyen.no

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:05 PM #84

The product comparison function makes no sense to me. On most software there is a function on category view to compare products. You can simply click the button and then each product on category view will have a tickbox to compare.
On CS-Cart you have to go to product page and product details and to add it to a compare list. Then go back to category view. Then go to another product page. Add the next product, and so on. This is not useful this way.

Then the comparison does not compare anything but the features. How about in stock & review rating?

Another thing that could be improved is that we need to upload images at many different places. Especially if you have product options with inventory tracking. Main image, additional images, variant image, variant thumb (not automatically generated), inventory/option images, inventory/option thumbs.
Why not have one place to upload everything without the need to upload the same image 3-4 times?
When you have a lot of products this takes an immense amount of time.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:59 PM #85

javascript files miss hooks, so adding javascript effects means you need to overwrite core files. CS-Cart did promise to add hooks there back in 2012, but they forgot half of them. So we still need to overwrite core files with every update.

• Luthien
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:51 AM #86

On admin / orders/ Order #XXXx page - Sometimes the Shipping Information section on the right hand side does not appear so I cannot enter tracking numbers there. I am not sure if it is triggered when a product has free shipping box selected or when a promotion for free shipping is applied. I just use work arounds but ideally tracking should be available to be entered on all orders.

• veganermat
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:00 PM #87

1. when a customers emailing and have forgot somthing and want to edit a order. When I edit and the diffrance says that the customers have to pay more. If I press update and pay button cs cart carges for the whole orders instead of the marked item. I work around it to make the amount appear in the total and give a bonus on the order for a while and then change it back to the actual total amount after.

2. To lock some very light and big item/product to a spesific shipping methods. When its just weightbased some of the very light and big items don't fit in a envolope like the weightlimit says.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:57 PM #88

Even the webshops we built 18 years ago sent payment instructions for offline payment methods to the customer. CS-Cart still does not have this. In CS-Cart the customer just receives an unpaid invoice without any instructions.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 769 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:58 PM #89

You can enter your own instructions in the Order Stauses descriptions, html with links.
We did this in v2.21.4 store, but you are right, why isnt it implimented automatically in cscart, with links to the login/order details etc.
This is just another failure of the designers to "join the dots" with half-baked functionality. requiring too much manual setup by we webmasters.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 769 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:10 PM #90

Theres just so many little annoying things, that are still not improved, where, with a small amount of thought from a user perspective would see some great improvements in admin-friendliness..
Like one-click to start communications with customer on the orders page, instead of the FIVE clicks currently needed.!
And then when editing a post, how about showing some order info so we know what we are dealing with, because this screen shows bugger-all...
Posted Image

• Jade
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:38 PM #91

Something you have to realize too is that cs.cart is a pre-made solution and it obviously cannot fill the needs of everyone.

That being said, I noticed the permissions for promocodes a bit difficult for a novice to understand.

They are doing fantastic work, and so far cs.cart has treated my company well :)

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2317 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:21 PM #92

Even the webshops we built 18 years ago sent payment instructions for offline payment methods to the customer. CS-Cart still does not have this. In CS-Cart the customer just receives an unpaid invoice without any instructions.

Not true - you can give an offline payment method it's own status (we use open - meaning the order still has to be paid) and send the payment instructions along with the order using the status text.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11442 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:14 PM #93

An offline payment defaults to 'Open' status.  But then any payment where the payment amount does not equal the order total should be left in Open status.  So it may not be specific to that payment method.  Offline payments are the most common.  But note too that Paypal standard can still return and have an order in the Open status even after it's paid.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 769 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:04 AM #94

Something you have to realize too is that cs.cart is a pre-made solution and it obviously cannot fill the needs of everyone.

On the contrary, it is BECAUSE cscart is a "pre-made" solution, that it must have all the small, quirky and primary functionality working in a user friendly way. Addons should not be needed to fix simple functions that do not work. Addons should be reserved for added functionality and special requirements.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11442 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:07 AM #95

Don't mix bugs/defects with different functionalities.  I.e. extending functionality is NOT a defect in design or implementation.  Cs-cart has to make business decisions about where to invest their efforts.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.