• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Google Checkout Retiring Rate Topic   - - - - -

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:33 PM #1

Email from Google.

Last year, we wrote to let you know that Google Checkout was becoming part of Google Wallet for buyers. Also during this time, mobile commerce has grown exponentially and we have invested significantly in building a digital payments platform for our users that reflects this new mobile trend.

We're constantly evaluating our products to ensure that we’re focused on the services that will have the biggest impact for our merchants and buyers. This is why we’ve made the difficult decision to retire Google Checkout on November 20, 2013.

As of today, we are no longer accepting new signups for Google Checkout. We will continue to process Checkout transactions until November 20, 2013. The last date for refunds will be December 20, 2013. After November 20, 2013, all order reports and history will be available for download.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12071 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:30 AM #2

Another comes and goes. I was deeply involved in the Google Checkout beta and could have good you then it was doomed to failure.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• KBM
  • Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:28 PM #3

I'm still using Google Checkout until the services are over in November. I never had one unauthorized charge using their services. I hate to see them leaving the processing industry for hard parts. I believe the set a standard in fraud prevention and hopefully others companies will take note and implement the same security features.

Version 4.3.9

• bb3
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:20 AM #4

I had Google Checkout as one of my payment options and some customers used it, but it was full of bugs. Google has been sending me emails ever since the announcement. As an alternative they are pushing people towards BrainTree. I go there and I see that CS Cart is no where to be found. Why are you guys always the last to be found when something new pops up? Actually Google made there announcement some time ago, yet you guys still are no where to be found. Do you guys like missing out on revenue and new customers? Or making it easy for the customers you already have?

https://www.braintre...ompany/partners

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:04 PM #5

Braintee payments gateway has been updated to work with CS-Cart v4.x

http://securemyshop....dd-ons/payment/

Jeremy
Requin Creative Group
CS-Cart License | CS-Cart Addons

• KBM
  • Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:07 PM #6

I hate that Google checkout is no longer available to use for goods. They had the best fraud detection software ever! We never had one unauthorized transaction go through.

Version 4.3.9