Moving from x-cart 4.1 to cs-cart 1.3.4

I am moving existing store from x-cart 4.1 to cs-cart 1.3.4. Product export and import via csv is fine, but I cant convert whole database, including manufacturers, multiple categories for each product, and images. Is there any way to do that quickly?

CS support has a way of converting X-Craap to CS…

Nothing quick about that process. Its slow and painful but can be done.

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]Nothing quick about that process. Its slow and painful but can be done.[/quote] Shooting one’s foot is less painful :wink:

upixar, consider that it may be quicker to manually add products as it may very well save you time and money. During the process you can also kill off stock items you don’t use, update price lists, spring cleaning etc.

Just an option

be glad you don’t have to use X-Craap anymore and don’t forget to download the FREE mods you would have to pay $300+ from the dirtball modders at X…

Yes, products were imported, images added manually. But still need to convert customers and orders database - 300+ customers, including their profiles and credit card data. I have found how to decrypt x-cart’s blowfish encrypted data rows, but still have no clue how to encrypt and insert them into cs-cart users database.

[quote name=‘upixar’]300+ customers, including their profiles and credit card data. .[/quote]

Ouch !! make sure you dont go letting anybody else do the import for you, not with all that kind of information anyway…

[quote name=‘SWS’]Ouch !! make sure you dont go letting anybody else do the import for you, not with all that kind of information anyway…[/QUOTE]

No, we won’t let anyone else to do that. However, I am not store owner, I am a developer :grin:

We decided to drop cc info from old database, and ask customers to re-enter their cc data on next purchase. Converting customer profiles won’t be a problem, because there is only one encrypted field in cs-cart’s user database (password) and it seems to be a MD5 hash.

But anyway, I have to write converter script xcart->cscart soon, because we have other store with more than 20,000 products, including images, secondary categories, and so on. Converting that database manually is not a solution.