UPC Codes

Hello Everyone, just purchased the Cs Cart for my apparel business and am noticing when I am using color and size variations I have no place to add the UPC code. Would anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thank You in Advance

Talk to Tony Birnseth (tbirnseth) about this. He just did this for another store that I know of and I'm sure he can do it for you too. His website is http://www.ez-ms.com

Thanks,

Brandon

Thanks Brandon I will give this a try

Hi @UC007 were you able to find a resolution for this? At first I was excited to find CS-Cart. I have used just about every major shopping cart out there and to find out CS-Cart doesn't all UPC for variations out of the box is disappointing.

This is such a basic feature that I honestly cannot believe it isn't implemented. Between Amazon and Google feeds, this is manadatory

Hi @UC007 were you able to find a resolution for this? At first I was excited to find CS-Cart. I have used just about every major shopping cart out there and to find out CS-Cart doesn't all UPC for variations out of the box is disappointing.

This is such a basic feature that I honestly cannot believe it isn't implemented. Between Amazon and Google feeds, this is manadatory

You can create a product feature called UPC.

Correct me if I am wrong, but even after creating this, how do you get that newly created field, UPC in the example, to show in the Google Feed? How do variations appear in the Google Feed?

Thank you.

Google uses GTIM. They dropped UPC a couple of years ago.

tbirnseth, you are correcting us, but aren't really correct. Basically, the GTIN is an umbrella name to identify one of many different types of unique identifier standards "The Global Trade Item Number, GTIN, is an identification number that may be encoded in UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8 & EAN-13 barcodes as well as other barcodes in the GS1 System"

But debating what it is and isn't is hijacking the original question. The original question was how to place the UPC (an acceptable GTIN in Google's eyes) for each product variation.

tbirnseth, you are correcting us, but aren't really correct. Basically, the GTIN is an umbrella name to identify one of many different types of unique identifier standards "The Global Trade Item Number, GTIN, is an identification number that may be encoded in UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8 & EAN-13 barcodes as well as other barcodes in the GS1 System"

But debating what it is and isn't is hijacking the original question. The original question was how to place the UPC (an acceptable GTIN in Google's eyes) for each product variation.

YOU DID say correct me if Im wrong so Tony offered ! :)

An I would call trying to offer help Hijacking

But Ill try too, assign the UPC as a feature

and see here

http://kb.cs-cart.com/Exporting-product-data-to-Google-mc

http://kb.cs-cart.com/create-datafeed

First, sorry if that came out the wrong way. I was really frustrated with cs-cart customer service at the time. @tbirnseth, I apologize for being snippy.

Yes, I figured out the part you referenced above...but when you do that and export your feed, 1) do all your variations show in the feed? and 2) does adding the feature "UPC" show for each variation? I can only see it at the main product level...not the ability to add it at the variation level...which it is necessary to add some sort of acceptable GTIN in the feed.

Im about to embark on this myself soon so my answers are only guesses for now, but I have used options in Cs for years tho no expert in exporting the googl edat feed, I have always done it manuall, THE TOOL, a member here I think has it sorted.

But, isnt the upc the products code, so you may have product code

ABC, then the variants of the products in the combinations may be ABC-1, ABC-2 etc

Then the GTIN would be the feature which would relate to the worldwide gtins that google uses, thus you have the UPC for ref to your feed and products, and GTIN for the ref to googles requirements

DUNNO, Im just half guessing, hope it shed a little light

There are a few option for what you Google will let you use as a GTIN. I use UPC for the Google GTIN. I should probably only use the word GTIN to avoid any confusion. But regardless of what the feature field is, how do you get that field inside a variant? I will worry about exporting it later I guess, but I just don't see anyway of associating the feature field to actual Variants, only the "master" product.

There are a few option for what you Google will let you use as a GTIN. I use UPC for the Google GTIN. I should probably only use the word GTIN to avoid any confusion. But regardless of what the feature field is, how do you get that field inside a variant? I will worry about exporting it later I guess, but I just don't see anyway of associating the feature field to actual Variants, only the "master" product.

When setting up combinations for variants, each one allows a different code, this code will be your upc

so grey tee will be code

grey tee

blue tee will be code

blue tee