Optimal settings for thumbs and detailed images

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hi All,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Two questions:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]1. Can anyone recommend best CS-Cart image/thumb settings (for detailed images in particular) to keep image size under control whilst maintaining quality? I've attached a screenshot of my current settings. Any improvement appreciated. [/font][/color]

[attachment=6782:thumbs.png]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]2. To align with the above mentioned settings, using Xnconvert, I am resizing existing detailed images to 800x800 (fit) which should retain plenty of detail. I'll have to do this to logo files and variant images as well.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I assume I should not have to resize thumbnails, as CS Cart will do this for me? If it doesn't do this, I will resize thumbs to 320x320 fit. I assume all the thumbs are in the same folder, hence I shouldn't go for 110x110 as this will shrink the images used for product detail pages.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I'm a MVE user and some vendors tend to upload whatever they haveā€¦ The means lots of 2MB DSLR pics. My image directory had blown out to 830MB excluding the 'backup' dir. The best one I found? A 7.3MB image that was inside a 320x320 thumbnail folder. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Ben[/font][/color]

thumbs.png