Free Addon: Info Popup for customers Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• makmerghen
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:01 AM #81

Dear Vali
thank you for your reply
I did the next
I added the next code as you said in /skins/basic/customer/views/checkout/cart.tpl
to be like the next :

{script src="js/exceptions.js"}

{if !$cart|fn_cart_is_empty}
{include file="views/checkout/components/cart_content.tpl"}
{else}
<p class="no-items">{$lang.text_cart_empty}</p>

<div class="buttons-container wrap">
{include file="buttons/continue_shopping.tpl" but_href=$continue_url|default:$index_script but_role="submit"}
</div>
{/if}
{if $controller == 'checkout' && $mode == 'view'}
{if $addons.hw_popup_info.testmode==Y || $smarty.cookies.hw_popup_info!=1}
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
$(function() {$ldelim}
$( "#info_popup_modal" ).dialog({$ldelim}
width: {$addons.hw_popup_info.width},
modal: true,
buttons: {$ldelim}
Ok: function() {$ldelim} $( this ).dialog( "close" ); {$rdelim}
{$rdelim},
close: function( event, ui ) {$ldelim} $.cookie.set('hw_popup_info', 1, '', '/'); {$rdelim}
{$rdelim});
{$rdelim});
</script>
{strip}{assign var="banner" value=$addons.hw_popup_info.banner_id|fn_get_banner_data}{/strip}
<div id="info_popup_modal" class="hidden" title="{$banner.banner}"><div style=" padding:10px">{$banner.description nofilter}</div></div>
{/if}
{/if}

but unfrotunatily it wasn't work
please advice
thank you

• Hungryweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1243 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:16 AM #82

Hi @makmerghen, is no need to modify the skins/basic/customer/views/checkout/cart.tpl file and add the condition becouse you are aleady there ;)

You should modify skins/basic/customer/addons/hw_popup_info/hooks/index/footer.post.tpl

---
Valentin
part of hungryweb.net

• makmerghen
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:11 PM #83

Dear Vali
thanks for the correction
I did the next into file
skins/basic/customer/addons/hw_popup_info/hooks/index/footer.post.tpl

{if $controller == 'products' && $view== 'view' && $smarty.request.product_id==18}
$(function() {$ldelim}
{$rdelim},
close: function( event, ui ) {$ldelim} $.cookie.set('hw_popup_info', 1, '', '/'); {$rdelim}
{$rdelim});
{$rdelim});
</script>
{strip}{assign var="banner" value=$addons.hw_popup_info.banner_id|fn_get_banner_data}{/strip}
<div id="info_popup_modal" class="hidden" title="{$banner.banner}"><div style="padding:10px">{$banner.description}</div></div>
{/if}
{/if}

and I cleared cach and cleared cookies
but unforunatily not working
would you please see if i did any thing wrong
thank you

• Hungryweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1243 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:23 PM #84

Please check if you have cookie is created ;) , send me the link and i will check

---
Valentin
part of hungryweb.net

• ravt
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:25 PM #85

Hi,

I have went through the full threat but cant find the solution for it. I have two store in ultimate edition and want to show different banners for different store.

since we cant edit the addon when the store is selected we can only place one banner Id if we select all store.

Any suggestion guys
After all its simple

• Hungryweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1243 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:45 PM #86

Yes, you can choose different banner for every store

you need to:
1. uninstall the addon
2. edit the file app/addons/hw_popup_info/addon.xml
# replace
<settings>
#with
<settings edition_type="ROOT,ULT:VENDOR" layout="separate">
3. install the addon
4. set banner_id for every store
5. have fun

OR

You can re-download from hungryweb.net/cs-cart-addons/info-popup-for-customers.html because i have update the archive

I hope that helps,

---
Valentin
part of hungryweb.net

• ravt
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:36 AM #87

Hi,
how to hide the banner title in the popup.

thanks again ..

RR
After all its simple

• Hungryweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1243 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:17 AM #88

Hi,
how to hide the banner title in the popup.

thanks again ..

RR

Hi @RR,
For this you need to do:

#on file
design/themes/basic/templates/addons/hw_popup_info/hooks/index/footer.post.tpl

#under
#add
dialogClass: 'no-header',

#under
<div id="info_popup_modal" class="hidden" title="{$banner.banner}"><div style=" padding:10px">{$banner.description nofilter}</div></div>
#add
<style>.no-header .ui-dialog-titlebar {$ldelim}display:none{$rdelim}</style>

I hope that helps,

---
Valentin
part of hungryweb.net

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:24 PM #89

GREAT JOB! We've installed it. Now we will see how it does. At first glance the only suggestion I would have is to make it so it only pops up when a customer first hits the home page and not every time they go there.
Regards,
Jim

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:56 AM #90

So how did everyone get this to ONLY pop up on the home page? It started popping up on all search pages and anything that uses the "index.php". The strange part is the site is supposed to be using seo links but for some reason this add on seems to have done something to that. Once I disabled this info pop up every thing went back to normal.
Regards,
Jim

• Hungryweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1243 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:29 AM #91

Hi Tim,
To get popup only on home page please do:
#replace content from file:
design/themes/[THEME_NAME]/templates/addons/hw_popup_info/hooks/index/footer.post.tpl
#with
{if $runtime.controller=='index' && $runtime.mode=='index'}
$(function() {$ldelim}
		    {$rdelim},
		 close: function( event, ui ) {$ldelim} $.cookie.set('hw_popup_info', 1, '', '/');  {$rdelim}
	    {$rdelim});
{$rdelim});
</script>
{/if}
{/if}

The strange part is the site is supposed to be using seo links but for some reason this add on seems to have done something to that. Once I disabled this info pop up every thing went back to normal.

The add-on is not the reason ;) because is not using any php scripts, only use tpl and this have no impact on cs-cart functionality

I hope that helps,

---
Valentin
part of hungryweb.net

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4474 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:20 AM #92

This is a great addon , would it be able to be used for just certain category pages instead of just the home page so different info can popup on different categories.

Thanks
John

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18934 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:54 AM #93

This is a great addon , would it be able to be used for just certain category pages instead of just the home page so different info can popup on different categories.

Hope you will be interested in our free Pop-up Wrapper add-on. Just select the new wrapper to the block with any content and the content of this block will be displayed in the pop-up window.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:41 PM #94

Hi Tim,
To get popup only on home page please do:
#replace content from file:

design/themes/[THEME_NAME]/templates/addons/hw_popup_info/hooks/index/footer.post.tpl
#with
{if $runtime.controller=='index' && $runtime.mode=='index'}
$(function() {$ldelim}
			{$rdelim},
		 close: function( event, ui ) {$ldelim} $.cookie.set('hw_popup_info', 1, '', '/');  {$rdelim}
		{$rdelim});
{$rdelim});
</script>
{/if}
{/if}

The add-on is not the reason ;) because is not using any php scripts, only use tpl and this have no impact on cs-cart functionality

I hope that helps,

---
Valentin
part of hungryweb.net

Sorry, I'm not interested in changing the core code any more than I have to. For a simple pop up it really seems you should not have to. This add on is a great contribution to the community, but unless an end user is able to do more coding or want to start messing with the core CS-Cart code it really is not recommended for those who like things to work out of the box.
Regards,
Jim

• Hungryweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1243 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:03 PM #95

Sorry, I'm not interested in changing the core code any more than I have to. For a simple pop up it really seems you should not have to. This add on is a great contribution to the community, but unless an end user is able to do more coding or want to start messing with the core CS-Cart code it really is not recommended for those who like things to work out of the box.

I consider you really misunderstand my message, the add-on is working out of the box and working as designed.

Doesn't modify any cs-cart core functionality, it used only one tpl hook.

The rest of the functionality, to be displayed on the home, on a specific category or on other cs.cart page i share for free code that user can add in order for the add-on to work for him as he desire

What i share with you, the post that you give -1, was to help you in order to create the functionality you desire, i spent almost an hour from my life for free to help you and you do not appreciate at all ;)

Regards,

---
Valentin
part of hungryweb.net

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4474 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:57 PM #96

who gave minus 1, thats very bad,Vali has contributed many things to this forum... I assume it was some accident perhaps?

v4.5.2

• Hungryweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1243 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:15 PM #97

Thank you @johnbol1 and you may be right, -1 accidental ;)

Regards,

---
Valentin
part of hungryweb.net

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:18 PM #98

Come on man! Who woke up this morning and decided to be a chucklehead?

If you can't or won't learn PHP and Javascript then don't expect anyone to do the heavy lifting for you. More so if someone does offer something, such as this tiny bit of code that Vali put together, and you don't appreciate any aspect of it, simply don't use it.

Don't leave negative feedback.
Don't leave a silly comment.
Just leave.
Web development in progress with CS-Cart 3.x

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:26 PM #99

Sorry, when a customer ripped me a new one for "nagging" them for their email address at first I had no idea what they meant. Then when they said it kept popping up on every page I didn't know what they meant. That was when I messed with it I finally saw what this addon was doing, I must admit that it was annoying. In the first intro to the mod you stated that it popped up only once, but people may want to know it pops up more and it pops up every time the customer goes back to the home page. At the very least you should notify people that it is going to pop up pretty much on every page or that they need to manually change the tpl you mentioned.

By the way Dave. Sorry, but if someone would have posted more of what this add on did in this post I could have saved a little time and not had at least one customer get upset with us. Free mods for the community are cool, but if they don't function as mentioned or have bugs they really should be either fixed or the functionality should at least be mentioned.

I am guessing whatever I downloaded from Hungryweb is not what the demo is on the Hungryweb website either. For example, even if the mod did not have the pop up on every page, at the very least every time the customer went to the home page it popped up again. On the Hungryweb demo it did not do this.
Regards,
Jim

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4474 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:21 PM #100

Sorry, when a customer ripped me a new one for "nagging" them for their email address at first I had no idea what they meant. Then when they said it kept popping up on every page I didn't know what they meant. That was when I messed with it I finally saw what this addon was doing, I must admit that it was annoying. In the first intro to the mod you stated that it popped up only once, but people may want to know it pops up more and it pops up every time the customer goes back to the home page. At the very least you should notify people that it is going to pop up pretty much on every page or that they need to manually change the tpl you mentioned.

By the way Dave. Sorry, but if someone would have posted more of what this add on did in this post I could have saved a little time and not had at least one customer get upset with us. Free mods for the community are cool, but if they don't function as mentioned or have bugs they really should be either fixed or the functionality should at least be mentioned.

I am guessing whatever I downloaded from Hungryweb is not what the demo is on the Hungryweb website either. For example, even if the mod did not have the pop up on every page, at the very least every time the customer went to the home page it popped up again. On the Hungryweb demo it did not do this.

Clips...after you installed it did you make sure to remove the tick in the admin>addon>settings> test check box, this enables it to popup all the time for test purposes.

John

v4.5.2