• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Beta is Released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:41 PM #121

i-mac: Please show us the function to set status email body and status email signature per store.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:26 AM #122

We do not see the reason to move these constant to namespaces, at least becuase we won't be able to use these constants in templates.

But your coding standard that you so vehemently defend says you should.
So you're saying the classes (and constants within classes) are within namespaces, but constants in the system (defines) are not? Really?

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:55 AM #123

delete, misunderstood

• Pascal
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:52 AM #124

Dear Pascal,

This is a major release so there will not be an upgrade. We will provide a store import add-on, so you will be able to import your data from v3 to v4.

Thanks for answering !
But I've already checked the store import to convert from Pro 3 to Ultimate 3 and it does not do a good job... We need to keep the ID of the orders, products, etc.... and the store import does not keep these ID but create new ones... Everything is breaked for us.

If your store import from 3 to 4 will be the same kind, it will not work for us and I'll have again to spend time and money to make correct transfert :(

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:53 AM #125

Thanks for answering !
But I've already checked the store import to convert from Pro 3 to Ultimate 3 and it does not do a good job... We need to keep the ID of the orders, products, etc.... and the store import does not keep these ID but create new ones... Everything is breaked for us.

If your store import from 3 to 4 will be the same kind, it will not work for us and I'll have again to spend time and money to make correct transfert :(

Yes, it's very important order nrs, product id's and so on stay the same. We use these to link to products because they work for both languages (the system chooses the correct language this way for the customer.. a very neat trick especially useful for mailouts and stuff).

Also, order ID need of course to stay the same for accounting reasons... the order ID's are all connected to our accounting systems (required by law in Europe!)

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:55 AM #126

Dear Flow,

Please refer to my earlier post http://forum.cs-cart...post__p__161132
Here is a screenshot of status page under ACME storefront:Posted Image

In case you do not want to install v4.0.1 Beta locally you can always use our demo at labs.cs-cart.com/ultimate/.

That looks much better! I guess we were confused about the name header. What you are calling header here, is actually the body of the email, not the header!

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3557 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:22 AM #127

I hope there be upgrade from 2x to 4x I really do not see point upgrading to 3x

Yes, it's very important order nrs, product id's and so on stay the same. We use these to link to products because they work for both languages (the system chooses the correct language this way for the customer.. a very neat trick especially useful for mailouts and stuff).

Also, order ID need of course to stay the same for accounting reasons... the order ID's are all connected to our accounting systems (required by law in Europe!)

For accounting you should use invoice ID not order ID. Order ID is basically proforma invoice.

You should settup status

processed & open -> Order
completed -> Invoice

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:12 AM #128

Thanks for answering !

Dear Pascal,

We plan to rewrite store import add-on completly in v4. It will work in two possible ways:
- Move Professional store to Ultimate with one storefront. (in this case all object ids will be unchanged
- Move Professional store as an additional storefront to Ultimate (in this case all object ids will be renewed)
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:12 AM #129

Dear Pascal,

This is a major release so there will not be an upgrade. We will provide a store import add-on, so you will be able to import your data from v3 to v4.

V4 seems fundamentally flawed from the word go. Many unnecessary, half-baked changes.

Will there be an upgrade tool for V2.2.5 stores to V4 in future?

I would expect V3 to cease development, therefore V3 stores will need upgrading to V4 once it is deemed stable enough for production sites. How much work will be required to upgrade the v3 Basic skin (modified via my_changes addon) to integrate into V4?
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:17 AM #130

What about us with 2.2.5 ? will there be a import from 2.2.5 to v4????

I cannot say for sure whether versions 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 will be supported by the Store import add-on in CS-Cart 4.

We understand how important it is to provide this functionality and will try to include these versions in Store import, but I cannot gurantee it at the moment.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:54 AM #131

Imac,
I feel that having a path from 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 to 4.x should be on your roadmap for the upgrade (Actually, new cart). I think there are a lot of cart owners, including myself, that did not and do not plan on going to 3.0 version and don't want to upgrade to 3.x to go to 4.x.
What is your current thought on going from 2.2.4/2.2.5 to 4.x? Could you go to the latest version of 3.x, not have to fix anything, go to 4.0 and then make fixes? I certainly don't want to have to go to 3.x, make fixes, go to 4.x and have to make the same and maybe even more fixes and have broken addons along the way. I would like to have some indication of what the process will be going from 2.2.4/2.2.5 to 4.01.
Thank you,
Bob

Version CS-Cart 4.3.5

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:53 PM #132

I wonder how many people are really using version 3, and how many are really using version 2. I think a LOT of people would want to upgrade from 2 to 4.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:11 PM #133

I wonder how many people are really using version 3, and how many are really using version 2. I think a LOT of people would want to upgrade from 2 to 4.

Psst.. some of us are ACTUALLY using 3.x ya know... and it's making me a ton-o-gold!
(I might be biased knowing I do upgrades when I get time...)
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:30 PM #134

Psst.. some of us are ACTUALLY using 3.x ya know... and it's making me a ton-o-gold!
(I might be biased knowing I do upgrades when I get time...)

I know you are using it Jesse! (feels lonely out there?)

I wasn't saying nobody was, I'm just wondering if there are more 2 or 3 users!

• jegesmaci
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:41 PM #135

I am on version 3. I just upgraded a few weeks ago. I am happy so far. We are still sorting out some small issues.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:59 PM #136

I'm on 3.0.6. Mixed feelings but mostly glad I upgraded. Should make the transition to 4 a little easier than going from 2.2.5.

• Pascal
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:08 PM #137

Dear Pascal,

We plan to rewrite store import add-on completly in v4. It will work in two possible ways:
- Move Professional store to Ultimate with one storefront. (in this case all object ids will be unchanged
- Move Professional store as an additional storefront to Ultimate (in this case all object ids will be renewed)

As I already bought an Ultimate license and upgrade our PRO 3 to ULTIMATE 3... I hope you will give us a way to import from ULTIMATE 3 to ULTIMATE 4 and KEEPING the IDs ;)

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:11 PM #138

fixed a bug for yall that need API...

http://forum.cs-cart...e-3918-api-bug/
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• jjtrottier
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:23 PM #139

I cannot say for sure whether versions 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 will be supported by the Store import add-on in CS-Cart 4.

We understand how important it is to provide this functionality and will try to include these versions in Store import, but I cannot gurantee it at the moment.

This is a horrible move if you don't support v2 upgrade. To the point where I may actually consider switching to another shopping cart platform if the import tool doesn't get done.

I'm surprised you would potentially abandon your v2 customers like this when v3 has barely been out for that long.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:57 PM #140

If addon sales are any indicator, I continue to sell more "new" addons for V2 than I do for V3. In addition, I get very few requests from customers for their free upgrade from V2 to V3 versions of addons I have sold them.

But given the V4 changes, odds are there will be many fewer addons (if any) that I will support in V4. So far I have about 30 hours into converting my ez_common addon which is the common set of tools used for all our addons. I've not had time to do any testing yet nor to complete even that work. So more complicated addons are going to require 30-40hrs each to simply provide the same functionality in V4 as they do in V2 or V3.

Thank you cs-cart for raising prices for all my addon customers and offering them nothing of value in return.

This whole thing could have been done so much differently if only you'd communicate with key customers and partners IN ADVANCE OF MAKING CHANGES (during design and planning) to get their feedback on how it could be done where everyone gains, not just cs-cart development and custom programming teams. V3.1 was going to add an API. Then it morphed into V4 where no one can even look at the API because nothing they've done before will work in the V4 environment. So the main "feature" will not get the run time you want to flush out the defects.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.