• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Beta is Released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• DBalk
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:04 AM #101

Hello,

I'm new to CS Cart and we are interested in the MultiCart version. I'd like to be part of the Beta testing for that version though presently I do not have any license purchased. Can I still download and try the Beta version? Also I wanted to find out how would I install it locally on my computer. Would it be the same process involved as in previous versions?

Cheers,

Donald

• soft-solid
  • Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:10 AM #102

Hello

Where in version 4 is option "Translation Mode". I can'n find ;)

Best Regards
Robert Diak
Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11429 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:15 PM #103

Still waiting on a response for how global constants should be referenced in the code. I.e. CART_LANGUAGE, CART_SECONDARY_CURRENCY, AJAX_REQUEST, etc.... It looks like you've not finished your coding because they are not "qualified" into namespaces so the risk of them being overused is high by an addon developer or 3rd party integration module.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• buging
  • Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:56 AM #104

I'm still trying to get theme editor to work. When i change a color, it just seems to load forever. Same problem with Beta 1 & 2.

changes only take place after i close the them editor and refresh the page. How is it supposed to work?

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1572 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:03 PM #105

As I've looked at V4, it appears the majority of change has been to the structure of the file layout and conformance to a coding standard. I see very little change that actually benefits anyone other than cs-cart development. Coding standards come an go and are "helpfult" in some areas. However, to require all vendors to rewrite everything to comply with a new coding standard is simply ridiculous. If you were going to do this right, you should have put everything an addon needs to run, hook itself or provide services under the addons directory. This includes its templates, php code, controllers, classes, init/func.php, etc. Then everything is in one tree and can be distributed/removed easily. But now templates are scattered all over the place. I think you've created more of a mess than an improvement.

(...)

Edit: P.S. I hope V2.2.5 lives forever. It is by far the best product you've produced.

I fully agree with this.

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• chrisbti
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:49 PM #106

Ultimate and Multi-Vendor Editions CS-Cart 4 Beta is the first release to conform to the new edition policy. That is, there are just 2 editions, Ultimate and Multi-Vendor. CS-Cart 4 Ultimate is available in Free mode to replace the discontinued CS-Cart Community Edition. CS-Cart 4 Ultimate with a single storefront is an extendible replacement for CS-Cart Professional.

I agree with "its a mess" I hope they will continue to support 2.2.5, but if it is faster than the other versions I'll take a stab at it.

Will there be a 2.2.5 Migration module?.

Regards, God Be With You! Jesus Christ our Lord & Savior.
BTI - Better Tools For Industry
Industrial Hand Tools Made in USA | www.BTI-Tool.com | v.4.11.1 SP1 | Apache

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:51 AM #107

iMac, do you plan on adding any new eccomerce features before the final release? Version 4 seems lacking in new shopping cart features. Some thoughts: product configurator needs major overhaul, buy together needs major overhaul, ability to add several products to cart from one page, product calendar option, product date option, etc.

New shiny fast release with no new real cart functionality doesn't help my clients or entice them to upgrade.

David

Dear David,

We do no plan to add any new features during the beta testing. To make v4.0.1 stable we only fix bugs.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2308 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:10 AM #108

Hi Imac,

When I bought ultimate a long time ago, I was very excited, because I thought I would be able to have different shops that could all have their own look, feel and marketing tools.

We have nice, funny, friendly status emails coming from our shops. Of course with the name of the shop that's sending the mail in it (branding!). Naturally, our professional shop has another tone of voice than our end-customer shops.

Not seeing the importancy of us being able to send individual status mails per shop, prooves again that Cs-cart doesn't understand anything of marketing... I simply can't believe you still didn't make this a feature. It's such an obvious one and it makes it impossible for us (and many others, just look at the forum!) to upgrade from 2 to 3, and now 4.

Cs-cart sucking at marketing is really too bad because not only is cs-cart not to be seen anywhere where it's not posted by users (reviews, blogs, themeforest, etc) even though it's a good system, now it's also hurting shop owners.

Now of course we can spend another couple of 100 bucks to fix this, or we could install 2 cs-cart ultimates (since pro is gone) and connect the databases, but I'm getting a bit sick of this improvisation just to make a product work the way it should. I am very dissapointed.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:55 AM #109

Just an example: Per week, we get at least 3 mails and 2 calls from customers telling us their coupon code is not working. The problem is usually that they copied and pasted an extra space with the coupon code. cs-cart should recognize this and still accept the code. These little things are problems that are very annoying for us shop owners and should be solved, one by one. Instead of giving us the: this is standard behaviour line. If you do this, solve these problems, you will create loyal, happy customers who will promote your product - for free! I know - I did it all the time on many fora and blogs.

Dear Flow,

Thank you for the hint, this improvement will surely make customers live easier.
This will be fixed in v4.0.1
You can always post such bugs/improvements at Bugtracker, these issues surely should be fixed.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:06 AM #110

Hi Imac,

When I bought ultimate a long time ago, I was very excited, because I thought I would be able to have different shops that could all have their own look, feel and marketing tools.

We have nice, funny, friendly status emails coming from our shops. Of course with the name of the shop that's sending the mail in it (branding!). Naturally, our professional shop has another tone of voice than our end-customer shops.

Not seeing the importancy of us being able to send individual status mails per shop, prooves again that Cs-cart doesn't understand anything of marketing... I simply can't believe you still didn't make this a feature. It's such an obvious one and it makes it impossible for us (and many others, just look at the forum!) to upgrade from 2 to 3, and now 4.

Cs-cart sucking at marketing is really too bad because not only is cs-cart not to be seen anywhere where it's not posted by users (reviews, blogs, themeforest, etc) even though it's a good system, now it's also hurting shop owners.

Now of course we can spend another couple of 100 bucks to fix this, or we could install 2 cs-cart ultimates (since pro is gone) and connect the databases, but I'm getting a bit sick of this improvisation just to make a product work the way it should. I am very dissapointed.

Dear Flow,
In v4.0.1 there is an ability to share mailing lists, besides at the newsletter you can see for what storefronts a mailing list is shared.
Posted Image
#1 - allows you to select a separate mailing lists that could be assigned to a certain storefront (or several storefronts)
#2 - here you can send the newsletter to customers who has abobndend carts/wishlist/cart in a selected storefront.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2308 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:07 AM #111

Hi imac,

Who said anything about mailinglists? I'm talking about Status emails... the... "thank you for your order!" mails. These should be able to have unique content per shopfront. Not just a different header/subject like you said on the previous page.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:35 AM #112

Hi imac,

Who said anything about mailinglists? I'm talking about Status emails... the... "thank you for your order!" mails. These should be able to have unique content per shopfront. Not just a different header/subject like you said on the previous page.

He means:

Open / Process / Completed etc
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• Sktbk
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:51 AM #113

Hello, we were planning on buying MV v3, when we noticed v4 is releasing soon. Wanted to clarify if we should wait for the version 4 and then start working on our project or should we buy v3 and then upgrade it?
In case, we should wait, then, when does v4 exactly release? accordingly, we'll start our process.
Thanks

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:22 PM #114

Hi imac,

- You can change language variables for each storefront.
- You can modify mail templates for each storefront in template editor.
Can this solve you problem, if not than please share your ideas on how this should work.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:48 PM #115

Wow.. I am looking forward to be able to use this new version ! Adds are so great :)

But I'm asking : do you plan to make the cs-cart 4 available as an update from our 3.06 or we shall make a new install like from 2 to 3 ?

Dear Pascal,

This is a major release so there will not be an upgrade. We will provide a store import add-on, so you will be able to import your data from v3 to v4.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:54 PM #116

Hello,

I'm new to CS Cart and we are interested in the MultiCart version. I'd like to be part of the Beta testing for that version though presently I do not have any license purchased. Can I still download and try the Beta version? Also I wanted to find out how would I install it locally on my computer. Would it be the same process involved as in previous versions?

Cheers,

Donald

Dear Donald,
You are welcome to take part in beta testing. There is no need to have a CS-Cart license to download and test v4.0.1Beta.
The installation process is similar to previous installations with some visual improvements.
One small notice: you version of PHP should be 5.3.x or 5.4.x
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:23 PM #117

Still waiting on a response for how global constants should be referenced in the code. I.e. CART_LANGUAGE, CART_SECONDARY_CURRENCY, AJAX_REQUEST, etc.... It looks like you've not finished your coding because they are not "qualified" into namespaces so the risk of them being overused is high by an addon developer or 3rd party integration module.

We do not see the reason to move these constants to namespaces, at least becuase we won't be able to use them in templates.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2308 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:19 PM #118

- You can change language variables for each storefront.
- You can modify mail templates for each storefront in template editor.
Can this solve you problem, if not than please share your ideas on how this should work.

This is what I mean:

Posted Image

Please also see: http://cscart.uservo...al-status-mails

• chrisbti
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:38 PM #119

Dear Pascal,

This is a major release so there will not be an upgrade. We will provide a store import add-on, so you will be able to import your data from v3 to v4.

What about us with 2.2.5 ? will there be a import from 2.2.5 to v4????

Regards, God Be With You! Jesus Christ our Lord & Savior.
BTI - Better Tools For Industry
Industrial Hand Tools Made in USA | www.BTI-Tool.com | v.4.11.1 SP1 | Apache

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:13 PM #120

This is what I mean:

Posted Image

Please also see: http://cscart.uservo...al-status-mails

Dear Flow,

Please refer to my earlier post http://forum.cs-cart...post__p__161132
Here is a screenshot of status page under ACME storefront:Posted Image

In case you do not want to install v4.0.1 Beta locally you can always use our demo at labs.cs-cart.com/ultimate/.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team