• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Beta is Released Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:43 PM #21

Thanks... So how can i upgrade to ultimate edition. Yes i am currently running single store.

My understanding is that if you upgrade to Ultimate V3 (from Professional) now, it will cost you $305, but if you wait until the final release of V4, if you have a current V3 Professional, it will be a free upgrade. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:54 PM #22

I just wish all of you beta testers would quit thinking so hard about everything & just get to work for us! :grin:

I really don't want my business to fail just because you guys weren't doing your jobs! :idea:
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:19 PM #23

nice work guys!! :mrgreen:
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1179 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:10 PM #24

My understanding is that if you upgrade to Ultimate V3 (from Professional) now, it will cost you $305, but if you wait until the final release of V4, if you have a current V3 Professional, it will be a free upgrade. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My understanding is if you upgrade now ($305) from Pro to Ultimate you get two storefronts included with the ability to add more storefronts with an additional license.

When 4.0 is released, Ultimate with one storefront license is the old Pro. You get this for free if you are still under maintenance. Additional storefronts are extra.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:22 PM #25

My understanding is if you upgrade now ($305) from Pro to Ultimate you get two storefronts included with the ability to add more storefronts with an additional license.

When 4.0 is released, Ultimate with one storefront license is the old Pro. You get this for free if you are still under maintenance. Additional storefronts are extra.

OK that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

• wernerkuhn
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:15 PM #26

Hello,

can not install beta version 4. Errormessage : "MySQL database name can contain only Latin Characters, numbers and underscores"

My Hostingcompany is Hosteurope in Germany (dedicated Server)
all SQL Databases you create have something like dbuser-databasename also the user.

So please allow also "-" in database- and username.

Thanks.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:50 PM #27

http://forum.cs-cart...-cart-401-beta/

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:14 AM #28

Is there an online demo? Not going to download and install everything just to try it out

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:42 AM #29

Is there an online demo? Not going to download and install everything just to try it out

You can find the demo at http://labs.cs-cart.com/multivendor/ & http://labs.cs-cart.com/ultimate/. Use your forum credentials to access the demo.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• soft-solid
  • Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:38 AM #30

Hello,

can not install beta version 4. Errormessage : "MySQL database name can contain only Latin Characters, numbers and underscores"

My Hostingcompany is Hosteurope in Germany (dedicated Server)
all SQL Databases you create have something like dbuser-databasename also the user.

So please allow also "-" in database- and username.

Thanks.

Hello

You create database with UTF-8 coding ?

Best Regards
Robert Diak
Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl

• Hungryweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1249 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:02 AM #31

Smooth and light, great job
Now remain just to all get familiar with the new structure, API and rest of futures and start to develop great addons :D

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:16 AM #32

Do you plan a beta version of Professional?

No, according to the new edition policy (announced in September, 2012,) only Ultimate and Multi-Vendor editions are available.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Wilko
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:31 AM #33

Just a quick question... will this beta instal/operate etc. in an .htaccess protected top level directory using AuthType Basic?

i.e. /home/user/public_html/[protected by .htaccess]

Keen to try it but will need it 'hidden' / protected...

• crazyshark20
  • Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:29 AM #34

No, according to the new edition policy (announced in September, 2012,) only Ultimate and Multi-Vendor editions are available.

hi kmolchanov

Multivendor property with ultimate?? i want to use multivendor but i use property with ultimate. Thanks

• MrBero
  • Trial users
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:33 PM #35

How can I restore my translated language from CS CART 3.0.1 to CS CART 4.0.1? this is possible?

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:24 PM #36

How can I restore my translated language from CS CART 3.0.1 to CS CART 4.0.1? this is possible?

You should better contact out tech support at cs-cart.com/helpdesk
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:33 PM #37

Just a quick question... will this beta instal/operate etc. in an .htaccess protected top level directory using AuthType Basic?

i.e. /home/user/public_html/[protected by .htaccess]

Keen to try it but will need it 'hidden' / protected...

Yeah it should work fine mate, you will just need to amend the root .htaccess file with your auth details.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:58 PM #38

Oh wow. It would be a disaster if translations are lost. We spent a lot of time fixing CS Cart 3 translations, because the default translations miss more than 50% of the phrases. Thats many thousands of phrases.

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:13 PM #39

C4 has an out of the box Google Page Speed score of 21/100 and a YSlow score of C. Improving these out of the box scores should be an absolute top priority !
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• MrBero
  • Trial users
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:13 PM #40

C4 has an out of the box Google Page Speed score of 21/100 and a YSlow score of C. Improving these out of the box scores should be an absolute top priority !

I just checked my site on c4.01 and it hase very nice score
Posted Image