• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Beta is Released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• djhosken
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:25 AM #321

Does anyone know if the bug regarding multiple currencies and value of invoice has been fixed in V4?

V3.0.6 (and previous) has a serious bug (design flaw) regarding currencies. If a customer places an order in a currency other than the main currency, and I change the Currencies on my site, all values on the invoice changes. My site is in USD, EUR and AUD - USD is the main (default) currency. If a customer places an order in EUR, and the exchange rate changes, all values on his invoice changes!!! CS-Cart replied to another customer that this is not a bug, which is totally incorrect! I very often buy items on the internet on multi currency sites, and this is NEVER that way it works! My invoice total should not change every time I view it.

It is also a problem when we ship orders. If we print an invoice, we have to make sure the exchange rate has not changes since the customer placed the order. Else, all total on invoice is incorrect.

For details, see this post:
http://forum.cs-cart...order-invoices/

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11425 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:10 PM #322

It is the way cs-cart works. But you are correct, when an order is submitted it should be treated as a contract between buyer/seller and represent the exchange rate at the time. Used to be that if you changed a product description in a product that it would change in the order too. But they resolved that long ago. Currencies is probably one of the last hold-outs and could be resolved if they captured the current rate as part of the order and then just used that instead of the currently configured rate to display the values to the customer. The admin would always see it in the base currency of the store.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• buging
  • Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:37 PM #323

Did anyone get Amazon S3 to work as the file system for cs-cart 4? I still can't get it to work using the Final release and waiting for the official documentation

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:03 PM #324

You may try the Suppliers addon from Ultimate 4.

There is no real supplier addon in Cs Cart Ultimate 4.

How can they sell a product with multiple storefronts (Ultimate) and add no possibility so set multiple Vendords?

"Vendors can use own shipping methods" is only available in Multi Vendor edition, but I do not have multiple vendors selling on my site, just me selling and need to set different shipping method.

Really Why they even care about creating different version where we only need one version fully working?

Am I loosening my time here? Really like cs cart, but for me ultimate should be the version you can do everything with, pay extra 200 usd for features that people are requesting in your software since upgrade from 2 to 3.

• ckad79
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:38 PM #325

For some reason, I just added a second store front and now almost half of my images are missing. When I right click on the image, I get.

http://mysite.com/in...th_supply.png

When I go to:

http://mysite.com/im...onth_supply.png, it's there.

I checked with my server and nothing in the settings is blocking images from appearing (the folders have the correct permissions 0755 or 0777; default settings).

I have dumped the cache at least 3 times hoping it would fix itself. Nothing is working. I have also written the helpdesk and they have no response. Can somebody be of help? My site has been down for nearly a month since upgrading to v4 and I have lost countless dollars.
"Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think" T. Snider.

• hatchi
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:21 PM #326

Hello,

can not install beta version 4. Errormessage : "MySQL database name can contain only Latin Characters, numbers and underscores"

My Hostingcompany is Hosteurope in Germany (dedicated Server)
all SQL Databases you create have something like dbuser-databasename also the user.

So please allow also "-" in database- and username.

Thanks.

Yep, quite a strange bug but here's a quick fix:

go to install/app/Install/Validator.php

and replace this (around line 222):

preg_match('/^[0-9a-zA-Z$_]{1,63}$/'

with this

preg_match('/^[0-9a-zA-Z$_-]{1,63}$/'

Have fun!

S.