• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Beta is Released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• buging
  • Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:50 PM #301

Would be great to get some more info on the S3 setup. I've got an S3 account and I've created a user for cs-cart and added the relevant keys. The bucket is created when I click Save in the CS-Cart control panel but I don't see at which point cs-cart actually adds file to the bucket. I've tried uploading picture as normal thinking that cs-cart would write them to the bucket and access them from there but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The second that. For me, the bucket is created and some of the images gets copied but it stops at some point and doesnt continue. If i retry, it tells me that the bucket is already existing.

• posto
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:31 AM #302

Dear CS-Team,

so i have understand the logic for the templates for ultimate store, will this only chached in the var. no store folder for stores how in v3.
There are no chance to modify files directly for a store. we need to copie for each stores the template and remove some addon in the addon folder or make change in the mychange addon on fronted.

for this is very important to disable/enable addons for each store.

or how you mean we can do this?
Templates for v3

**see Posto's Templates Tread**

• itone
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:35 PM #303

how can i change css of theme without this dummy editor, directly. what is the model of this?

• itone
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:36 PM #304

Dear CS-Team,

so i have understand the logic for the templates for ultimate store, will this only chached in the var. no store folder for stores how in v3.
There are no chance to modify files directly for a store. we need to copie for each stores the template and remove some addon in the addon folder or make change in the mychange addon on fronted.

for this is very important to disable/enable addons for each store.

or how you mean we can do this?

+1

it's digusted model to provide an online editor with very poor functionality and not provide any model of traditional development with direct editing of styles and templates before cashing.
Please, explain the algoritm of work without theme editor tool.

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:44 PM #305

You don't have to use the inbuilt editor. I've been editing the CSS files in my cloned theme directly without any problems at all.

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1785 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:53 PM #306

Hooks way will still work too.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for quality custom work/project

• bradynapier
  • Trial users
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:04 AM #307

Hey All,
So I am going to assume I am just the dumbest person alive because there is absolutely no way this is how things actually work in CS-Cart. This may just have been an oversight with version 4 as I just installed the trial to see if it was an applicable choice over Magento.

I need literally the most basic user group features possible. CS-Cart, however, seems to ONLY allow a 4-5 step user group assignment that is 100% manual?

Step 1. Register
Step 2. Confirm Account
Step 3. Login to New Account
Step 4. Go to Settings
Step 5. Click "User Group" tab
Step 6. User has to manually ask to join a user group

There does not appear to be any method for me, as the administrator, to assign a user to a specific user group. This just seems crazy to me! I really have to manually do this crazy process and it is the ONLY WAY?

I do believe you guys just exponentially increased your pricing from one-time fee forever to a similar fee per year... with no documentation on this type of thing - seems a bit crazy that anyone would go this route? I am hoping I am mistaken and just overlooking something so simple.

• itone
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:24 AM #308

You don't have to use the inbuilt editor. I've been editing the CSS files in my cloned theme directly without any problems at all.

please explain, what do you mean?
to change /var/cache/misc/statics/design/themes/name/css/standalone.d8e3327013dc8e400c46e5ad087626c3.css? (it's very bad practice i think)

• itone
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:26 AM #309

Hooks way will still work too.

please, give a little axplain or attach some link..

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:39 AM #310

please explain, what do you mean?
to change /var/cache/misc/statics/design/themes/name/css/standalone.d8e3327013dc8e400c46e5ad087626c3.css? (it's very bad practice i think)

When you use the built-in editor just look at the file name it's using. You don't edit the generated CSS. Look at the developer documentation for version 3 on how to edit the CSS using hooks.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:54 AM #311

Hey All,
So I am going to assume I am just the dumbest person alive because there is absolutely no way this is how things actually work in CS-Cart. This may just have been an oversight with version 4 as I just installed the trial to see if it was an applicable choice over Magento.

I need literally the most basic user group features possible. CS-Cart, however, seems to ONLY allow a 4-5 step user group assignment that is 100% manual?

Step 1. Register
Step 2. Confirm Account
Step 3. Login to New Account
Step 4. Go to Settings
Step 5. Click "User Group" tab
Step 6. User has to manually ask to join a user group

There does not appear to be any method for me, as the administrator, to assign a user to a specific user group. This just seems crazy to me! I really have to manually do this crazy process and it is the ONLY WAY?

I do believe you guys just exponentially increased your pricing from one-time fee forever to a similar fee per year... with no documentation on this type of thing - seems a bit crazy that anyone would go this route? I am hoping I am mistaken and just overlooking something so simple.

Dear bradynapier,

This is a bug in RC2.
In final release you will be able to assign a usergroup to any user (customer/admin) from a backend. There will be a "Usergroups" tab on user profile.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2318 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:35 AM #312

Hey All,

A imac said this is a bug in the RC. I do this in an older version and it works great... I love the way usergroups work so I can give groups people their own pricing, rules, promotions, and so on. Also absolutely perfect if you do wholesale too but just want one shop.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:49 AM #313

Is the import tool already available?

I would like to test import in RC2 to see how it looks.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:36 AM #314

Is the import tool already available?
I would like to test import in RC2 to see how it looks.

No, the store import is not available yet.

the import tool will probably be included in CS-Cart 4.0.2 or 4.0.3.

Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:11 PM #315

Actually testing rc2 ultimate, I understood well that pro and ultimate will be only one version and that multiple storefronts is available in rc2 ultimate.

Now what if I want to set multiple vendors (to set multiple shipping methods), but not multiple stores? In the rc2 it's only possible to set new store and for each store custom shipping can be attributed.

I sell mainly drop shipping products, so will need to set multiple supplier/vendors with different shippings depending on product.

Is this possible with cs cart ultimate 4?

• jacson
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:42 PM #316

I have been following the forum and progression of 4xx. Is there any new update as to when the first stable release of any 4 version will be released for purchase? I have been holding off clients waiting for this release and CS-Cart team has repeatedly indicated "June" for release, and we are close to the end of June now.

Any update to a release date?

Jacson

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1785 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:58 PM #317

Actually testing rc2 ultimate, I understood well that pro and ultimate will be only one version and that multiple storefronts is available in rc2 ultimate.

Now what if I want to set multiple vendors (to set multiple shipping methods), but not multiple stores? In the rc2 it's only possible to set new store and for each store custom shipping can be attributed.

I sell mainly drop shipping products, so will need to set multiple supplier/vendors with different shippings depending on product.

Is this possible with cs cart ultimate 4?

You may try the Suppliers addon from Ultimate 4.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for quality custom work/project

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:17 PM #318

Yes. We plan to release v4.0.1 in June.

I'm glad the release is less than a week away.

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:19 PM #319

I'm glad the release is less than a week away.

Is this supposed to be some sort of a friendly reminder? :grin:

Personally, if it isn't quite ready for primetime on June 30th, I hope they hold off on releasing until they do feel it is ready, certainly won't be the end of the world and not the 1st time, nor will it be the last time that a developer miscalculates a magical pinpoint release date! :shock:
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:46 PM #320

Greetings Capitalists!

Over the course of the last few days, we have run into a few bugs. I have no idea where the bug reporting forum is, So I will make my report here and you guys can point me in the right direction if i am wrong.

Server Information:

CS-Cart Version: 4 RC2

Hosting: CentOS 5.6 (final)

MySQL: 5.3.3

_ _ _

ERRORS:

1. Database Error: attempting to insert null "client language" into cscart_stat_sessions - The client in question was google's feed fetcher.

2.Compare List - will not clear

3. The total in the cart view will not tally unless you manually hit recalculate

4. Using the API, Feature Value with a feature type of "other text" is trimmed to the first character.

_ _ _

Alright, let me know if I need to submit this somewhere else.

Ya'll are doing a great job and I cannot wait to launch. I've got two stores lined up and ready to go.

#betatester

--EDIT - I found the bug report form for CS-Cart 4.0.1 - I will leave this post here for conversation purposes.

Edited by standingontv, 25 June 2013 - 07:41 PM.