• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Beta is Released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:33 PM #281

is the final version going to be released in this month?

Yes. We plan to release v4.0.1 in June.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• btrials
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:42 PM #282

OK so should I submit a ticket to help desk or just wait it out here, hoping that someone from CS-Cart will finally speak up?

Are you still having trouble with the install? When mine said 404 Not Found after I click on the agreement part and next step, what happened was the PHP by the host needed to be rebuilt. Host Gator's a bit late on PHP version and had to be added manually along with the two line code enabling 5.3 in .htaccess; which initially looked good but both CS-Cart staff and Host Gator was stumped on what was going on the 404 error. The key was the broken PHP page that CS-Cart found.

So after Host Gator rebuilt the PHP 5.3 then the installation went smoothly. Something to check :)

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:48 PM #283

Are you still having trouble with the install? When mine said 404 Not Found after I click on the agreement part and next step, what happened was the PHP by the host needed to be rebuilt. Host Gator's a bit late on PHP version and had to be added manually along with the two line code enabling 5.3 in .htaccess; which initially looked good but both CS-Cart staff and Host Gator was stumped on what was going on the 404 error. The key was the broken PHP page that CS-Cart found.

So after Host Gator rebuilt the PHP 5.3 then the installation went smoothly. Something to check :)

I've submitted a ticket, so hopefully in the not too distant future I'll have a definitive answer from CS-Cart support. As you can see from the earlier posts, though, I'm not the only one having this problem with RC1.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:38 PM #284

I installed the RC version the day it came out and it worked fine. I didn't see another update posted if there was one. looking forward to June release :) and new manuals...
Rigging.com V4.x.x - 100% API generated store | SEO & Google Fu Approved

• BluBT
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:45 PM #285

last week I was able to install cscart_v4.0.1rc-multivendor on hostgator after adding php5.3 instructions to the .htaccess.
no issues with the install otherwise.

~B.

• ilib
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:04 AM #286

Will you make Russian build for 4.0.1?

CS-Cart and Magento support and development

https://shop.kozeta.lt

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:01 AM #287

Will you make Russian build for 4.0.1?

Yes, you can find the RC for russian build here: http://forum.cs-cart...Русская-сборка/
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:11 AM #288

Hi friends,

We've released CS-Cart 4.0.1 Release Candidate 2.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:24 AM #289

Hi friends,

Does this fix the inability to install that some of us have been experiencing?

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:19 PM #290

Does this fix the inability to install that some of us have been experiencing?

Dear kingsleypress,

I'm aware only about you problem with installation, and we have investigated your case and found out that problem in server configuration. Please see the message in help desk.

There are no other cases that require investigation. If someone has problems with CS-Cart 4.0.1 RC2 installation than please contact us at http://cs-cart.com/hepldesk
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:45 PM #291

Here is the response I got from Helpdesk:

============================
I've checked your server. You have quite specific server settings. It is very strange: when we open any folder from v401 we receive the ROOT store (although we must get the v401 root and "Not installed" message). May be you have incorrect user/group permissions for this folder and your server does not allow to access this folder through the browser.

Anyway, I have just created a new folder "tet" and copied the installer to this folder (in other words - renamed install to tet), and the installer is working great now.

Please, re-check.

Let me know if you still have this issue.
Best wishes!

====================================
That's really strange because before I have always been able to just install CS-Cart into a subfolder without any problems.

As I said above, I don't have terminal access to my server, so couldn't execute the following commands mentioned in the install instructions:

find design -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 666
find images -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 666
find var -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 666

So maybe that was a problem. The instructions for installation should give an alternative method for the above commands for those of us who only have cpanel access to our server.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:12 PM #292

Pace is good :) Installing RC2
Rigging.com V4.x.x - 100% API generated store | SEO & Google Fu Approved

• Roto
  • Advanced Member
  • Banned
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:50 PM #293

the version 4 have nice improvements.
but I don't like, some things.. for example:

Posted Image
also is very slowly.

• Roto
  • Advanced Member
  • Banned
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:20 PM #294

Hi friends,

btw: rotoon.com test in gtmetrix.com: (after some changes in .htaccess) http://gtmetrix.com/...on.com/OcUWs5JL

Posted Image

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:29 PM #295

OK I have this working now. It was some kind of permissions problem on the server.

I thought I read somewhere that version 4 was a "responsive design" - in other words it adapts to desktop, phone and tablet browsers automatically. This is not happening for me. The only way I can get a reasonable phone experience is to use Twigmo.

Also, I'm not finding a store import addon. Where is that located?

• nmb
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:05 PM #296

Also, I'm not finding a store import addon. Where is that located?

From here http://blog.cs-cart....is-on/#comments :

the import tool will probably be included in CS-Cart 4.0.2 or 4.0.3.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:25 AM #297

the version 4 have nice improvements.
but I don't like, some things.. for example:

Posted Image
also is very slowly.

You can configure Amazon S3 cloud and this will be much faster.
Posted Image
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:05 AM #298

You can configure Amazon S3 cloud and this will be much faster.

I've had a quick glance at pricing of Amazon S3 cloud hosting....exactly which package of their cloud hosting do you need? Is there a guide anywhere for setting this up? I'd like to try it out...but only once I can get this damn RC2 to install without giving permission errors.

As for installing RC2, I have been unable to get past the install. I originally got this error:-

"Incorrect permissions are assigned to the files and/or folders listed below."

Which cited the /design/ folder which I had forgotten to set the correct permissions for. I fixed these permissions, deleted the contents of /var/cache/ and now, when I enter the DB details and click Install, the above error reappears, but with no files/folders listed as causing problems. I have even tried deleting all the files/folders of RC2, re-uploaded from scratch, set correct permissions, then tried to install - bam, still get the same error.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• timst
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:37 PM #299

I've had a quick glance at pricing of Amazon S3 cloud hosting....exactly which package of their cloud hosting do you need? Is there a guide anywhere for setting this up? I'd like to try it out...but only once I can get this damn RC2 to install without giving permission errors.

As for installing RC2, I have been unable to get past the install. I originally got this error:-

"Incorrect permissions are assigned to the files and/or folders listed below."

Which cited the /design/ folder which I had forgotten to set the correct permissions for. I fixed these permissions, deleted the contents of /var/cache/ and now, when I enter the DB details and click Install, the above error reappears, but with no files/folders listed as causing problems. I have even tried deleting all the files/folders of RC2, re-uploaded from scratch, set correct permissions, then tried to install - bam, still get the same error.

Did you change the root directory to 777 also? mysite.com/cscart <777 the cs cart directory... That was the only way I could get it to install on my test and then change it back to 755 after finish. I still got a white screen after it was finished, but it appeared to have completed.
V 4.2.2

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:47 PM #300

Would be great to get some more info on the S3 setup. I've got an S3 account and I've created a user for cs-cart and added the relevant keys. The bucket is created when I click Save in the CS-Cart control panel but I don't see at which point cs-cart actually adds file to the bucket. I've tried uploading picture as normal thinking that cs-cart would write them to the bucket and access them from there but that doesn't seem to be the case.