• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Beta is Released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• buging
  • Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:38 AM #221

Hello,

You will be able to upgrade to CS-Cart 4.0.1 free of charge if you have an active upgrade subscription by the time this version is released (presumably June.)

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is already purchasable on the year-long subscription basis: annual subscription costs $590. This subscription includes the right to use a single installation of CS-Cart Multi-Vendor and access to the software upgrades in the course of one year.

After CS-Cart 4 is released, newly purchased CS-Cart Ultimate license with one storefront will cost $395; each additional storefront license will cost $245.

Does this mean that you can only use the Multi-vendor for one year? If you don't renew your subscription then what happens?

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:16 PM #222

I see there's a number of hot CS-Cart 4 questions being discussed here, including theming, marketplace, core changes, etc.

Here is a fresh blog post, in which many of those questions are answered: http://blog.cs-cart....s-cart-roadmap/

In this post, we have tried to clarify our position about the CS-Cart roadmap and make it easier for the community to see where CS-Cart is generally going.

So what's your plan with the implementation of html5 and microdata ?
Sooner or later this is going to pose a serious problem and will need you to rewrite the front end. As Facebook search is already requiring microdata and Google is pushing and rewarding for it, its clear that it will not be long before the issue becomes problematic. After all this affects sales results directly.
You have made it clear that csc4.0.1 will not include this. So it seems to me that another rewrite will be needed within the next year.

This is worrisome because we will then have to rewrite all add ons and styles yet again.

• akistdm
  • Trial users
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:19 PM #223

Hello,

You will be able to upgrade to CS-Cart 4.0.1 free of charge if you have an active upgrade subscription by the time this version is released (presumably June.)

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is already purchasable on the year-long subscription basis: annual subscription costs $590. This subscription includes the right to use a single installation of CS-Cart Multi-Vendor and access to the software upgrades in the course of one year.

After CS-Cart 4 is released, newly purchased CS-Cart Ultimate license with one storefront will cost $395; each additional storefront license will cost $245.

We have 2.2.5 with no active upgrade subscription.
This means that if i prolongate my subscription for 1 year now( before the new version 4 is released), i will pay 135$?
If i prolongate my subscription for 1 year later( after the new version 4 is released), i will pay 395$?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:50 PM #224

will need you to rewrite the front end.

In case you haven't noticed, they alternate between tearing up the front-end and tearing up the back-end between releases.
2.0.1 - both front/backends
2.1.0 - front end
2.2.1 - back end
3.0.1 - front end
4.0.1 - back end

So I'd guess that in 4.1.1 they will break everything in the front-end that was done (unless of course you use only the distributed theme/skins). Note that even their own custom development team won't guarantee (or provide free maintenance) between revisions of the cart. That should tell you something about expected portability.....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• ysharbi
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:20 AM #225

Hello,

I don't know why mod_secure should be disabled? Also, I don't know why I got this message when i'm trying to install the new version?
Your server does not support MySQL

Regards,

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:22 AM #226

Your server supports MySQL and you got this error?

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• ysharbi
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:35 AM #227

Hello,

The good thing with this version supports a lot of languages except Arabic language. Could you please support the Arabic language because there are many people want to use this cs-cart.

Thank you
Cheers,

• ysharbi
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:40 AM #228

Your server supports MySQL and you got this error?

Hi,

I don't know if MYSQL is mean different thing because I have a lot of databases in my server and working fine without issues.

Thank you
Regards

• Akash2645
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:46 PM #229

what is differences between beta version and release version :confused: and if i install beta script in my site then it will show in my site that this is beta version or not :neutral:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:10 PM #230

what is differences between beta version and release version :confused: and if i install beta script in my site then it will show in my site that this is beta version or not :neutral:

A Release version is acceptable to use as a live store with people shopping.

A Beta version is not. It's not a full Release.
Rigging.com V4.x.x - 100% API generated store | SEO & Google Fu Approved

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:10 PM #231

A Release version is acceptable to use as a live store with people shopping.

A Beta version is not. It's not a full Release.

Irrelevant to the discussion!!

There will surely be a lot of improvement in this release, but I start to compare them to microshit (you know what I mean). Why? Simply because they are following the same business model in a certain manner.

First they act, then listen to their clients, there's no surprise why mac os got such a high market share the last years, they simply focused on one software, simple to use for everyone, with simple update possibilities.

Did you hear the rumors that Microsoft is willing to follow an update scheduling like that in the future?

Do you know why?

Because it works!!!

That's enough for me to say.

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:31 PM #232

And by the way, if you need any translation into French or German I can be a help, as I see there's a lot of translations missing.
Hope this will be great !!!

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:03 PM #233

As newbie developer, I don't need any customized color by the way.

Do you plan to add simple templates based on Bootstrap.

I think a lot peoples will appreciate.

I understand you differentiate the core from the design, this is good.

Add simple bootstrap to your package, and sure documentation,

as now you expect us to think what you think, this is not user average.

Cheers.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:41 AM #234

Guys,

We've released CS-Cart 4.0.1 Release Candidate.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• admin
  • CEO
  • Administrators
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:59 AM #235

Hi thefreer,

Add simple bootstrap to your package, and sure documentation,

CS-Cart 4 uses Bootstrap as a grid framework for its storefront layout.

Later we will make the default Basic theme responsive so that the store looks optimized on devices like tablets and smartphones.
Sincerely yours,
Vladimir Kalynyak
CEO

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:29 AM #236

Hi thefreer,

CS-Cart 4 uses Bootstrap as a grid framework for its storefront layout.

Later we will make the default Basic theme responsive so that the store looks optimized on devices like tablets and smartphones.

Can you say anything about html5 and microdata implementation?

So what's your plan with the implementation of html5 and microdata ?
Sooner or later this is going to pose a serious problem and will need you to rewrite the front end. As Facebook search is already requiring microdata and Google is pushing and rewarding for it, its clear that it will not be long before the issue becomes problematic. After all this affects sales results directly.
You have made it clear that csc4.0.1 will not include this. So it seems to me that another rewrite will be needed within the next year.

This is worrisome because we will then have to rewrite all add ons and styles yet again.

• admin
  • CEO
  • Administrators
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:24 AM #237

Can you say anything about html5 and microdata implementation?

CS-Cart 4 storefront will be HTML5 valid. As for microdata, they are planned for further major releases.
Sincerely yours,
Vladimir Kalynyak
CEO

• akistdm
  • Trial users
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:24 PM #238

We have 2.2.5 with no active upgrade subscription.
This means that if i prolongate my subscription for 1 year now( before the new version 4 is released), i will pay 135$?
If i prolongate my subscription for 1 year later( after the new version 4 is released), i will pay 395$?

Am i right or no?

• Akash2645
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:27 PM #239

If i install beta script in my site then it will show in my site that this is beta version or not

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:32 PM #240

If i install beta script in my site then it will show in my site that this is beta version or not

If one adds a ?version to the end of the URL it will show Beta version being used.

But I think your question is irrelevant, according to Cs-Cart Beta Policy one is not permitted to go Live or use on a public website Beta software.