• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Beta is Released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:09 PM #201

I think long term customers should be used as your ambassadors. Keep them happy and they will do your PR, for free.

Couldn't have said it any better flow. This is exactly how the leading shopping carts have gone about their business. Ruthless at times, but it works.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:47 PM #202

a real-time sandbox

I'm hoping this means that the admin has the ability to try different changes in a "sandbox type view" WITHOUT those changes being updated in the main store. I.e. apply a theme for a session only and not to the normal customer view. The goal is to be able to try things and see the results, then save the theme to be applied at some time in the future. This will enable a merchant to work on their Christmas theme in October and apply it in December..

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:04 AM #203

This is exactly why we are investing in a marketplace, a place for independent developers and theme designers to sell their products.

Find the discussion about a marketplace interesting....

Note that the vast majority of addons have nothing to do with an api or a GUI theme designer, but rather extend (or replace) functionality in the standard cart (data formats, transactional emails, bulk status changes, etc.).

I've been doing addons for cs-cart since V2.0.1. I had to redo them in V3 for pro and completely redo them for Ultimate. Now in V4, I'm expected to invest in redoing them again because some developer decided they liked the terms frontend/backend better than customer/admin and to move directory constants from being constants to variables in the registry. There are tons of other no-value changes that simply put the burden on addon developers to discover on their own and to implement. This doesn't even begin to address the new file layouts that affect a development build process..

I'm tired of trying to hit a moving target. I've produced some addons that really help cs-cart, but I'm about ready to throw in the towel and NOT provide any V4 addons and simply provide consulting services and custom development. I for one have NEVER BEEN CONTACTED to be asked as an addon developer what I might find important or valuable for an addon developer as it relates to cs-cart. Instead, we get releases that are poorly documented and it's up to the developer to determine what's changed.

I will look at the beta4 when it comes out, but if they haven't addressed the issues I've brought up earlier in this thread, I will be closing down my addon products for V4 and beyond. I don't have a staff of 20 people who have nothing better to do that to chase down 20 other developers to try and keep up with their no-value changes. There are plenty of high-value changes that people have been begging for over the years that don't get addressed. These are visible and time-saving for the merchants and bring them more business which in turn builds a demand for more sites and more cart licenses.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• jjtrottier
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:26 AM #204

@tbirnseth makes some very good points.

The way CS-Cart is going, they'll announce in v5 that they're redesigning the whole app using the MEAN stack:
MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js and Node.js

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:45 AM #205

@tbirnseth makes some very good points.

The way CS-Cart is going, they'll announce in v5 that they're redesigning the whole app using the MEAN stack:
MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js and Node.js

Where did you get this news? Is it confirmed by cs-cart?
I hope you are not joking in this serious thread.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:31 AM #206

Beta 4 has been released today.
Here are the packages:
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• e-carter
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:27 PM #207

I respect the desision to improve cs-cart. I did not have time to finish with V3 front design but invested much in it. Anyway, i really wanted API because i never use 3rd party addons or services. i synchronize local inventory in mdb to my amazon, ebay, two ecommerce stores and brick&mortar one. All in real-time with my script only and without anyones assistance.
So if the API will work for me in V4 and after, i will be hapy as end user.
The factor #2 is speed. If it has being really improved... i'd say it worth of all 3rd party addons i have seen so far.
I cannot give my voice for addon makers. IMHO addons should be part of ecommerce product. That's how i see it more efficient. The art and services is different story though.
If cs-cart team neglects 3rd party addons then it sounds to me they likely rely on their own staff and maybe on 3rd party help. i personally would welcome such choice.
Good luck, cs-cart.

• nocloo
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:18 PM #208

Will you be having a introduction sale price for the new version 4 ? I'm sure you will bring a lot more new customers and existing customers buying new licenses if there is a limited promotion price for the new version.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:10 PM #209

Beta 4 has been released today.
Here are the packages:

can we install it as a final release on a working website?

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:16 PM #210

Its a Beta Version. For testing/evaluation only.
Bob

Version CS-Cart 4.3.5

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:52 AM #211

Will you be having a introduction sale price for the new version 4 ? I'm sure you will bring a lot more new customers and existing customers buying new licenses if there is a limited promotion price for the new version.

How is the pricing going to work? For those many of us still running 2.2.5. Are we going to have to dish out $650 now to upgrade to 4.0.1..??? Since Pro and Ultimate are the same, pro being no longer.?

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:44 AM #212

What I understand is the we will get a one store version of Ultimate. Would have to pay additional if planning on using more than one store with Ultimate. I have 2.2.4 and this what I have seen in other posts.
Bob

Version CS-Cart 4.3.5

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:01 PM #213

How is the pricing going to work? For those many of us still running 2.2.5. Are we going to have to dish out $650 now to upgrade to 4.0.1..??? Since Pro and Ultimate are the same, pro being no longer.?

Hello,

You will be able to upgrade to CS-Cart 4.0.1 free of charge if you have an active upgrade subscription by the time this version is released (presumably June.)

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is already purchasable on the year-long subscription basis: annual subscription costs $590. This subscription includes the right to use a single installation of CS-Cart Multi-Vendor and access to the software upgrades in the course of one year.

After CS-Cart 4 is released, newly purchased CS-Cart Ultimate license with one storefront will cost $395; each additional storefront license will cost $245.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Akash2645
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:12 PM #214

there is no new themes why ? :?

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:55 PM #215

there is no new themes why ? :?

Themes are for Gold release I would assume and there's no documentation on making skins so there's that.
Rigging.com V4.x.x - 100% API generated store | SEO & Google Fu Approved

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:59 PM #216

oops
Rigging.com V4.x.x - 100% API generated store | SEO & Google Fu Approved

• ModNet
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:49 PM #217

Just tried this beta version. I think the admin area has got some visual improvements.
I didn't see any speed improvements though, actually i think it was slower than the last version.

• BluBT
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:11 PM #218

Has anyone tried connecting merchant services to this beta yet?

~B.

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:45 PM #219

You might want to go back and reread his statement.

I think that's not the point.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:14 AM #220

I see there's a number of hot CS-Cart 4 questions being discussed here, including theming, marketplace, core changes, etc.

Here is a fresh blog post, in which many of those questions are answered: http://blog.cs-cart....s-cart-roadmap/

In this post, we have tried to clarify our position about the CS-Cart roadmap and make it easier for the community to see where CS-Cart is generally going.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team