Advanced Search in Normal Search

My company has a 50,000 product site. Many of which have attributes. As you know Cs-Cart doesn’t search by product code by default. Well is there an add-on that will set that up. Something similar to how google searches. They key items that would need to be searched on the main search function is Product Code, Product Title, Product description, Site Content, and Image Names as well. I now that when setting up a product you can add “search words”, but seeing as we have 50,000 products and that would be a pretty tedious task to tackle I was wondering if there was an insert or add on that would do something similar to what is mentioned above. Any help would be much a appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Export your product code, product name, and whatever else you want to search by, then in the csv combine all those things in the Search words column and just import that column back in.

John

[quote name='averydwardrup' timestamp='1365626487' post='159762']

My company has a 50,000 product site. Many of which have attributes. As you know Cs-Cart doesn't search by product code by default. Well is there an add-on that will set that up. Something similar to how google searches. They key items that would need to be searched on the main search function is Product Code, Product Title, Product description, Site Content, and Image Names as well. I now that when setting up a product you can add “search words”, but seeing as we have 50,000 products and that would be a pretty tedious task to tackle I was wondering if there was an insert or add on that would do something similar to what is mentioned above. Any help would be much a appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

[/quote]

For the search by code feature you may try this:

http://forum.cs-cart…y-product-code/

I also have downloaded and modified a free addon named “auto-suggest” from ShippingKit Group, some were in the forum. I have styled it to match my theme. This is the modified one for 3.0.6: [attachment=6676:AutoSuggest_cscart3_1.4.zip]. You can see it in operation here:

http://www.technopackcorp.com

There is no way to change the search function without modifying core files since there is no hook available to do so, thus to make the addon search by code you need to hack the core file as indicated on the thread above.

Wish you luck

AutoSuggest_cscart3_1.4.zip

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will try what has been suggested. Much appreciated.